Willy Williams

Advertisement
6 is an awesome prospect. Not going to tap dance around that fact. And we've recruited him harder than anyone. We've done all we can do and will continue to do it until he signs that NLOI. When you put in that sort of effort recruiting a local guy, and he still doesn't come, then it's on him. I don't know what else we could have done.

I sure as **** won't bust out the fake classy ****** card, though, and wish him well if he goes somewhere else. I got a whole tirade tucked away just in case.

To say that 6 is "a dime or dozen" is pure and utter lunacy.

He is a game-changer in every facet of the game on defense. If there's one "surefire" recruit that we had on our radar this year, it was definitely him.

Yeah, and "sure fire recruits" that have not been all that are also a dime a dozen.

Remember when DJ Williams was the best recruit in the history of the world??? John Madden even said they kid was ready for the NFL at 18. LMAO, he got here and couldnt even crack the rotation at LB his first year, and had to play as a back up FB.

This is a pretty stupid argument. DJ was a great player here and we were loaded at LB when he first got here.

I think he's the best defensive prospect in Florida over the last 5 years whether he signs here, Alabama or FSU. If he selects one of those other schools, I hope he doesn't gain the weight he's projected to gain. If he goes to FSU, he can go **** himself.

Advertisement
What up Cane Family. Long time lurker of many boards. (Including Grassy and Canesport for many years.) First time I have ever posted anywhere. I felt compelled to chime in here. For those of us that have been following recruiting forever this sad state of events does not surprise us. I was 11 years old when I came home from school back in 93' and my father told me that we had lost the immortal Lamont Green to FSU. (along with Samari Rolle and Troy Saunders as well. Yeah im taking you back. Lol.) I thought UM football was over. Lol.

Who can remember Courtland Bullard? Rick Sealey? Both stud LB recruits in our backyard that were national cant miss prospects and they left the area. My point is not to sound like a sour grapes guy. But Matthew Thomas will make his decision and the U will move on with or without him. I will assume that Al and the staff did all they could to get him in the orange and green. The guy just wasnt interested. And just like the girl who u pursue for months and months, wining and dining her, and its all for nothing because she just wants to be "friends"...there is nothing else we can do.

Look forward to a great class and I fully expect Al and company to make us proud to be Canes on NSD just like last year. (Pete and the rest of the crew you guys are great at this stuff. Best free board I have ever seen anywhere. Keep up the good work.) Peace.

What up Cane Family. Long time lurker of many boards. (Including Grassy and Canesport for many years.) First time I have ever posted anywhere. I felt compelled to chime in here. For those of us that have been following recruiting forever this sad state of events does not surprise us. I was 11 years old when I came home from school back in 93' and my father told me that we had lost the immortal Lamont Green to FSU. (along with Samari Rolle and Troy Saunders as well. Yeah im taking you back. Lol.) I thought UM football was over. Lol.

Who can remember Courtland Bullard? Rick Sealey? Both stud LB recruits in our backyard that were national cant miss prospects and they left the area. My point is not to sound like a sour grapes guy. But Matthew Thomas will make his decision and the U will move on with or without him. I will assume that Al and the staff did all they could to get him in the orange and green. The guy just wasnt interested. And just like the girl who u pursue for months and months, wining and dining her, and its all for nothing because she just wants to be "friends"...there is nothing else we can do.

Look forward to a great class and I fully expect Al and company to make us proud to be Canes on NSD just like last year. (Pete and the rest of the crew you guys are great at this stuff. Best free board I have ever seen anywhere. Keep up the good work.) Peace.

Nice first post!

Could it be that people aren't trying to downplay the ability of Thomas and simply understanding that one kid won't make or break Miami? Yeah it hurts, but there is a much bigger picture and fight right now than simply having Thomas or not

I recall people making similar threads about Patrick Peterson...Corey Luiget...

We went 23-16 while they were in school and went on to be first round draft picks.

This and only this. Let's not start with the sour grapes bull****tt either.

Advertisement
not downplaying thomas's abilities, but, JUST looking at their senior seasons, WW was a better prospect.

not downplaying thomas's abilities, but, JUST looking at their senior seasons, WW was a better prospect.

WW was a more physically dominating prospect, but his problem was that he was mostly a product of being physically superior. He would just line up and tak advantage of being faster and stronger than HS'ers to get to the QB.

Matthew Thomas has already proven to have a much wider range of versatility and much more football acumen than Williams ever had. Thomas actually reads and reacts. He doesnt just run after the QB in the backfield on every play. He puts his hand down and rushes the QB as well as any DE in Florida the last couple years, then he lines up at MLB and plays sideline to sideline showing great INSTINCTS.

If he didn't show proof of having those football instincts and football knowledge and we were just hoping his physical superiority would just translate to the college level, then I might agree with the OP. But, Thomas has proven himself to be a pretty complete player at LB with a high ceiling.

So, No

Not trying to bring up old memories or downplay how great Matthew Thomas can be..But anybody who saw Willie Williams play knew he was the closest to a "sure thing" as there was. Just off pure HS hype I take WW over MT. But lets just hope that MT doesnt ***** up his "lottery ticket" like WW did. Because MT is definitely a sure thing.

Advertisement
What does the word "prospect" mean?
I would be ecstatic if we get Thomas. He is an elite, can't miss........PROSPECT.

The odds of him doing very well in college are much better than the average LB Joe, but still, he may or may not materialize into an elite, all world college player.
Again, we should try as hard as we can to get him and will be a big disappointment if we don't. But in the big scheme of things, this is only one piece of a big puzzle and people should keep that in prospective and don't jump off bridges if he doesn't come here.

You can do so much but if the kid's heart is set on going somewhere else, good luck to him and we will be fine. WE WILL BE FINE.

Advertisement
6 ishts on William Williams, and that's not just hindsight.

I wouldn't say he ***** on him as a prospect...but these guys are two different types of players. Thomas is more refined, more versatile, well-rounded, he's more of a football player...Willie was great and finding the football and destroying, but he was not a refined football player like Matthew Thomas.

Willy was a better "prospect" than 6. No doubt, he was LT in high school.

Also the DJ and Vilma post was dead on. DJ was all world. Number 1 recruit OF ALL TIME!
And 3*Vilma was better player when they stepped on campus

Willie was a ******* terror in high school.

But apparently, neither of these guys will ever make a meaningful play in a Canes jersey, so **** it.

Advertisement
Back