Willie Martinez

FWIW, the one Tennessee game I actually watched this year (don't ask why, it's a long story) was their game against Bowling Green. The DBs looked very similar to ours under Williams. What I mean by that is they took horrible angles, didn't play the ball, looked lost, etc. They gave up 217 passing yards per game, and 17 TDs with 8 INT. For comparison, Miami gave up 195 with 14 TD and had 15 INT.

As an FYI that was the game Martinez had to sit out and TN had a starter injured that game too - that was the secondary's worst game.

Advertisement
FWIW, the one Tennessee game I actually watched this year (don't ask why, it's a long story) was their game against Bowling Green. The DBs looked very similar to ours under Williams. What I mean by that is they took horrible angles, didn't play the ball, looked lost, etc. They gave up 217 passing yards per game, and 17 TDs with 8 INT. For comparison, Miami gave up 195 with 14 TD and had 15 INT.

As an FYI that was the game Martinez had to sit out and TN had a starter injured that game too - that was the secondary's worst game.

Well, that makes me feel a little better then.

Advertisement
Back