Willie Herenton no longer on scholarship

Per Barry:

The UM men’s basketball team has five scholarships to give out this offseason, and their preference would be to add two high school players, two grad transfers and one transfer who would sit out a year. But that’s a flexible plan and UM will take the best players available.

And

UM already has eight scholarship players on its roster for next season: returnees Chris Lykes, Rodney Miller, Deng Gak, Sam Waardenburg, D.J. Vasiljevic, transfer guard Kameron McGusty (who averaged 9.2 points in two weeks at Oklahoma) and incoming freshmen Anthony Walker (a forward) and Isaiah Wong (a guard).

That Barry deliberately omits Willie pretty clearly suggests he's a walk-on again.

Advertisement
I think that was always the plan. Coach L just saved his parents a semester's worth of tuition. I like the strategy except for adding a regular transfer who has to sit out. Until Kam McGusty gets past October and plays, recent Miami basketball history shows that is a bad idea.

3 Grad transfers would be a lot better. Especially since that would give you 4 available scholarships for the 2020 recruiting class. That would be my strategy.

Advertisement
I'm sure he'll get another scholarship. We're not going to find 4 more players this offseason imo.

What's funny is that describes what you just did to a T.

Uh, no. Not even close.

You were the one who started this whole thread based on a writer "omitting" Herenton from the list of scholarship players, and then you concluded that this "made him a walk-on again".

I'm the one who ACCURATELY pointed out that he was always a walk-on, and that he was awarded a (renewable) one-year scholarship.

I realize you are too stupid to understand the meaning of the term RENEWABLE. That means it MIGHT be renewed, or it might not be renewed.

Instead, you chose to distract everyone from your original stupidity ("hey guys, I figured out that Herenton is no longer on scholarship because Barry omitted him from the list of scholarship players") by acting as if you knew that all scholarships are year-to-year. After I said it. And you acted as if I didn't know that scholarships are year-to-year, which I obviously do. As evidenced by the fact that I used the word RENEWABLE.

So, yeah, my knowledge was there all along. You...not so much.

Look, you're not that bright. Try...not starting threads for a while. Read. Learn. Let others educate you on the finer points of college sports.

Just warm the bench for a while.

Uh, no. Not even close.

You were the one who started this whole thread based on a writer "omitting" Herenton from the list of scholarship players, and then you concluded that this "made him a walk-on again".

I'm the one who ACCURATELY pointed out that he was always a walk-on, and that he was awarded a (renewable) one-year scholarship.

I realize you are too stupid to understand the meaning of the term RENEWABLE. That means it MIGHT be renewed, or it might not be renewed.

Instead, you chose to distract everyone from your original stupidity ("hey guys, I figured out that Herenton is no longer on scholarship because Barry omitted him from the list of scholarship players") by acting as if you knew that all scholarships are year-to-year. After I said it. And you acted as if I didn't know that scholarships are year-to-year, which I obviously do. As evidenced by the fact that I used the word RENEWABLE.

So, yeah, my knowledge was there all along. You...not so much.

Look, you're not that bright. Try...not starting threads for a while. Read. Learn. Let others educate you on the finer points of college sports.

Just warm the bench for a while.

MtvBqhXAhF.gif

Advertisement

The most famous walk-on in the history of Miami basketball. He will be back on scholarship for the 2nd semester only.

Advertisement
Back