Williams vs. Manning

RedSquare

Freshman
Interesting conversation I had with a friend of mine, who is a big contributor to UM, but he's very connected to the University of Texas. through his Uncle. I'd guess his uncle has probably given $50 Million to UT. (He was one of the guys who paid up so they could get rid of Charlie Strong)

My friend was a pretty good player himself in college, and I trust his judgment. He's had a chance to see maybe 3 or 4 UM practices this spring.

He was at the UT spring game in Austin and told me:

"Arch Manning is talented, no doubt. But right now, Emory Williams is more developed as a QB and a better player. If you didn't know the names on the back of the jersey, it would be pretty clear who you'd pick if you were recruiting them both"

Advertisement
Interesting conversation I had with a friend of mine, who is a big contributor to UM, but he's very connected to the University of Texas. through his Uncle. I'd guess his uncle has probably given $50 Million to UT. (He was one of the guys who paid up so they could get rid of Charlie Strong)

My friend was a pretty good player himself in college, and I trust his judgment. He's had a chance to see maybe 3 or 4 UM practices this spring.

"Arch Manning is talented, no doubt. But right now, Emory Williams is more developed as a QB and a better player. If you didn't know the names on the back of the jersey, it would be pretty clear who you'd pick if you were recruiting them both"
I've been saying it since I saw him play his Sr. yr. Just how he carries himself in regards to his film-study, and his maturity off the field as well.

Williams is going to surprise a lot of people. He's a future starter if he adjusts to the speed of the game mentally. Mechanics wise, there isn't really anything to complain about and he's got great footwork.

I'd be curious to hear what he thought the difference is as Arch is solid and ever bit as technically sound, but maybe Williams is adjusting a bit quicker.

Advertisement
I watched a 4 minute video which showed every snap Manning took in his spring game. I thought he looked like a high school senior and had I seen him and Williams back to back without knowing anything about them, I would have thought they had similar spring games. BUT the expectations are so high for Manning, and fairly low for Williams that our vision is clouded by this.
IMO Williams is going to be good if he keeps progressing, but so will Manning.

The million dollar difference between them is a million dollars. Manning has to prove he is worth a million NIL dollars and Williams does not. Be careful where NIL money is spent.

Last edited:

Arch better worry about that other kid teams are already tampering with. Texas 2nd string QB. Also the other NFL son Josh McCown looks incredible. Either it's his son or family member.

Advertisement
Bro, tell me you’re yanking our chains.

Tom Brady?

I like all our quarterbacks, but seriously?
I'm kidding but also kind of serious lol.

To my defense, I qualified it by saying AT Michigan. He went on to be a 6th round pick out of college.

I think comparing Emory Williams to a 6th round qb isn't that crazy lol.

I'm not saying NFL Brady.

Advertisement

DfTZWmFpLx3os.gif

I watched a 4 minute video which showed every snap Manning took in his spring game. I thought he looked like a high school senior and had I seen him and Williams back to back without knowing anything about them, I would have thought they had similar spring games. BUT the expectations are so high for Manning, and fairly low for Williams that our vision is clouded by this.
IMO Williams is ongoing to be good if he keeps progressing, but so will Manning.

The million dollar difference between them is a million dollars. Manning has to prove he is worth a million NIL dollars and Williams does not. Be careful where NIL money is spent.
In early:

- Emory walks away with QB1 by next week
- Wins Heisman 3 straight years, leads Miami to 30-0 starting 2024

This is the CIS way.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back