Williams on UNC's defense and how he's improved over the bye

Advertisement
We really need to get back to games like UNC being about whether we should call off the dogs after getting up by plus 30. The wait seems like forever.

Idk what people are watching sometimes, between missed blocking assignments and JW holding the ball, the O line gave up 3 sacks. When Jdub’s clock slows down he’ll hit the check down and run a little more. Last week was a team loss but it was the best thing for this team in the long run. Everyone will get better.

If Jarren gets any degree of better protection, I see him getting good aerial yards, along with opening up the ground game with Dallas and Co.
Our D should be able to keep them in check... with some chain strutting.

Advertisement
jarren will be ready and will have the game slow down for him more that isn't my worry. 4, Brevin and Deejay imo need to take games like this and be on a mission to be 1st team All ACC with their performance from now until the end
I’m calling out Shaq, Pinckney and McCloud too. These are those types of games if u want your name remembered.

It’s time

Last edited:
If has better corners but unc's defense ain't trash either. I think if we execute, protect JW, play sound disciplined defense and avoid senseless penalties we can definitely take Chapel Hill.

UNC corners are good?! Watch the SC game they were cheeks. The one thing they have is athletic and talented safeties that they let roam.

unc corners are better. they will at least tackle. how anyone watching our game vs uf thinks there corners are great is beyond me. go back and watch it. Marco and cj constantly got beat but warren didn't see or chose not to throw to our receivers and both of them gave half *** efforts trying to tackle unless it was an easy tackle from behind like Marcos on Deejay
I agree on the tackling, but as much as I hate Henderson, he's an elite cover corner.

Advertisement
unc corners are better. they will at least tackle. how anyone watching our game vs uf thinks there corners are great is beyond me. go back and watch it. Marco and cj constantly got beat but warren didn't see or chose not to throw to our receivers and both of them gave half *** efforts trying to tackle unless it was an easy tackle from behind like Marcos on Deejay

LoL, this man knows his football, it reminds me of those who kept repeating the ridiculous statement of "coach kool is regarded as the best d-line coach in America" my question was, by who, cause our run defense was pathetic. The gaytors have a good defense, but nothing special, they should've gotten torched for real, which is why i would've luv to have seen perry in that game, you already know he would've been looking for jt4.

That being said, Unc has real good athletes, why people keep thinking this is going to be some type of cake walk game is comical, surratts is not at qb anymore had out defensive touchdowns, we sent him to linebacker now, but we will iniate howell, we'll see who has the smartest oc this game, cause last game, coach enos wasnt to bright, Mack brown wont allow his young qb to have to do to much and get exposed!

Advertisement
A lot to ask the qb to trust the pocket with our oline performance last game. He'll need nerves of steel or at least pop a pregame xanax.

Everything sounds great. Now it's time to execute.

Super-important game for Manny and the team to prove they can (1) bounce back from a loss and can (2) show up prepared for an early-season road conference game, against a fired-up opponent and in a stadium where the Canes have had their share of struggles over the years ; 3-4 in Chapel Hill since joining the ACC.

Advertisement
I guess it comes with being a fan, but it seems that so many other teams stick in a freshman QB and they look great right away. We thought North Carolina having a new QB would be a problem for them and now we are worried about their true freshman QB. I wonder if Jarren impressed them? I doubt it!

I am kind of concerned that he didn't see what was there, because he was thinking of what our D does in practice. We play 12 different teams, and NONE of them look like our D. If he fixes that, he's going to do great things. My concern is that it is not an easy fix. He has to see what is there, not what he saw in practice, otherwise he will never see open players. We'll know more Saturday night. IF he starts seeing guys running wide open, we will flat out destroy teams. Here's hoping for the best.

Why are these porsters continuing to discount UNC’ defense. It seems to me the porsters are inflating our Offense.

On paper we should win. But the game is not played by Algorithms.
Because their defense was 104th in the nation last year. It's possible for them to have improved but they have a long way to go just to be mediocre.

Advertisement
Back