Williams growing into offense, working on deep ball

That's not all on the QB... he led em down the field to take the lead and put us in FG range the last drive! Not his fault 85 dropped a 2pt conversion, defense can't get a stop on 4th and 17, and kicker missed FG. Be smarter than that

Missed FG first half
Blocked PAT
Dropped 2 pnt conversion(he really should of ran it in)
Missed tying FG

Only one of those is on Jarren and it was still a great throw.

Advertisement
That's not all on the QB... he led em down the field to take the lead and put us in FG range the last drive! Not his fault 85 dropped a 2pt conversion, defense can't get a stop on 4th and 17, and kicker missed FG. Be smarter than that
I never said it was all on him. I also said he didn't make plays. However, he didn't make enough plays to overcome a couple mistakes by others. We can't have dink and dunk for more than half the game and expect to win close games, because players DO make mistakes. Coverages DO get busted. Maybe had we started the game as well as we finished, attacking all parts of the field, the **** game isn't close enough for a 4th and 17 to even matter.

Williams only took two shots downfield over 20 yards? How is that even possible Smh??🤦‍♂️
I had pointed to that as one of the reasons the completion percentage was so high is that there were very few deep balls which are lower percentage throws. There needs to be more balance. Seems like they're working on it. I'd rather have 65% completion percentage with more big plays than 75% with a bunch of dink and dunk throws.

I had pointed to that as one of the reasons the completion percentage was so high is that there were very few deep balls which are lower percentage throws. There needs to be more balance. Seems like they're working on it. I'd rather have 65% completion percentage with more big plays than 75% with a bunch of dink and dunk throws.
The throws he’s throwing in 11-20 yards which is intermediate range and something we couldn’t whatsoever do last year he’s (12-17 205 yards 2 tds). Those are not dink and dunk throws as he’s throwing largely in the teeth of the defense which are tightly covered. **** even last year we couldn’t throw the ball accurately on balls less than 10 yards either. Williams threw like 4-5 deep ball vs unc but only completed 1 but that has to improve as the average of deep ball completion is about 35% or so.

Also through 2 games while catching has improved compared to last year(especially in the unc game) he’s still had about 8 or 9 drops in 2 games or so he’s been pretty **** accurate.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Williams only took two shots downfield over 20 yards? How is that even possible Smh??🤦‍♂️

Like I said, Enos still has much to prove as an OC. dink and dunk will not work and has not for 2 weeks straight. I think hes a stellar QB coach but needs work on play calling still. I think he can get there just like I think Jarren can be an ALL ACC player.
It is going to take a little time which sucks but its the reality.

Like I said, Enos still has much to prove as an OC. dink and dunk will not work and has not for 2 weeks straight. I think hes a stellar QB coach but needs work on play calling still. I think he can get there just like I think Jarren can be an ALL ACC player.
Both enos and Diaz have stated through various interviews there are bigger plays that he misses at times which will come with more experience. The plays are there for even bigger plays Jarren just has to recognize that in his progressions

Last edited:
Im hoping this weekends game will be the one to give Jarren the full confidence to start slinging it.

He wants to protect the football at all costs.

He will start to trust his eyes as he gets more experience.

When he does, this offense will reach a level we haven’t seen in a very, very long time.

I hope Enos ups the ante with the three step drop. I think we will see more deep success if he throws earlier to the one on one matchups to the outside like Howell did to us.

Advertisement
10-20 yard passes (he’s 12-17 205 yards 2 tds on those throws) is short now adays? Drew Brees only threw 1 pass over 20 yards all game on Monday which was within the last few minutes. We must have bama offensive line to be trying all these deep passes then according to you lol?

In all seriousness there are bigger plays in the passing game and enos and Diaz various times since the uf game has noted that they are there. Jarren just has to see it and we got to block to complete those passes. In the unc game we attempted at least 5 deep ball passes or so but Jarren can do a better job on those throws for sure which will come with experience . His feet wasn’t right at all on a lot of those throws.

Do not waste your time or energy to type a response to these clowns , there’s only a couple idiots saying this and they’re all the same mongoloids. Trolls , retards or all the above.

There’s nothing to troll about with Jarren so this is their card to play , like dude is throwing screens in Texas techs offense lol.

Ignore these idiots and they’ll go away , or just call them retards. And don’t take them serious.

It's more about Jarren getting comfortable with the longer shots than Enos calling them. Jarren is showing progression and greater comfort. With the next two games that progression should continue.

It's more about Jarren getting comfortable with the longer shots than Enos calling them. Jarren is showing progression and greater comfort. With the next two games that progression should continue.

Yep.

I actually thought Enos was a little to aggressive with the deep routes for where Jarren was week 0.

The long drop slow developing playaction put Jarren under unnecessary pressure and it spiraled down from there. If we had established the run better, Enos would have more justification for those calls.

I know I keep harping on it, but the three step drop to quick easy completions is the great equalizer in football. It helps the offense stay on schedule when the line is overmatched in the run game and can’t protect long enough to get receivers downfield. The quarterback gains confidence and gets in rhythm making completions and staying in manageable downs and distances. This is EXACTLY what is needed for a freshman getting his first taste of big boy football.

The difference in production for our offense when we rely on it is stark and obvious.

There is reason Howell has been so decisive as a true frosh. His oc made the game easy for him and got him in rhythm. Kept it basic and high percentage. Now Howell is feeling himself and throwing strikes under pressure.

You don’t demand too much of a young or l less talented qb too fast. The right way is to build him from the bottom up and put him in a situation where lots of little successes add up into big time plays.

I've had no issues with JW. Yea he has left some plays out there but that's what you get with a bad OL and a young QB. He starts looking at the rush and seeing ghosts that aren't there. Enos has been a bigger issue, IMO. He's the experienced guy. Expected more from him. He's calling plays like he has Bama's OL.

Advertisement
You must not understand football. Long yardage passes known as "Chunk Plays" are lower percentage plays. The are exciting and flashy and they get the ball down the field fast. They are great for those under two-minute desperation drills where you need 4 or more points and even more successful when you have a defense play up out of fear of the ground game (at the time the run game was almost completely abandoned which is why I think Enos went to the short pass route). Statistics shows short 5-10 gash play on a short post, short corner, a curl or a drag route have a much better success and completion rate than those chunky plays. We've seen enough Jarren Willaims in the past two games to know the kid can drive down the field. It's the redzone that our offense struggles with. That UNC drive where he went 100% completion rate and got the TD--the point of the press on short passes was to drive, start fresh on downs and get Jarren some easy passing plays to build rhythm--which worked.
I know enough about football to know that once they get into the redzone, they can't score consistently enough to win games. That's all I care about, not completion percentage. WINNING is what it's about. Not chunk plays, not high percentage plays. Scoring points and winning. That's not going to happen when you bog down in the redzone time after time.

The deep ball is a bit overrated. Great to have, but is it absolutely neccessary?

3 to 4 completed deep passes ought to be enough to keep the defense honest.

Listen, Joe Montana didn't have an arm cannon. But he was very accurate in that west coast offense Bill Walsh had.

When I watch JW, *if he has time*, more often than not he can put it right where he wants it.

I'm very happy with our QB.

The throws he’s throwing in 11-20 yards which is intermediate range and something we couldn’t whatsoever do last year he’s (12-17 205 yards 2 tds). Those are not dink and dunk throws as he’s throwing largely in the teeth of the defense which are tightly covered. **** even last year we couldn’t throw the ball accurately on balls less than 10 yards either. Williams threw like 4-5 deep ball vs unc but only completed 1 but that has to improve as the average of deep ball completion is about 35% or so.

Also through 2 games while catching has improved compared to last year(especially in the unc game) he’s still had about 8 or 9 drops in 2 games or so he’s been pretty **** accurate.
Nothing to do with Jarren's accuracy. It's the short passing that boosts competition percentage which was lacking in the Richt offense. Take 5 of Jarren's short passes and make them deep throws. At best you complete 3 of 5. You just dropped your completion percentage. The Enos offense is conducive to high completion rates and Jarren is an accurate passer so it's a good marriage of the two.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I never said it was all on him. I also said he didn't make plays. However, he didn't make enough plays to overcome a couple mistakes by others. We can't have dink and dunk for more than half the game and expect to win close games, because players DO make mistakes. Coverages DO get busted. Maybe had we started the game as well as we finished, attacking all parts of the field, the **** game isn't close enough for a 4th and 17 to even matter.
I thought he made enough plays. In the UNC game I only saw the deep ball open twice

Nothing to do with Jarren's accuracy. It's the short passing that boosts competition percentage which was lacking in the Richt offense. Take 5 of Jarren's short passes and make them deep throws. At best you complete 3 of 5. You just dropped your completion percentage. The Enos offense is conducive to high completion rates and Jarren is an accurate passer so it's a good marriage of the two.
I completely Disagree that it’s nothing to do with his accuracy. A lot of the throws he was making especially vs unc were on point and tightly covered. We didn’t have a qb to complete the passes he consistently was doing in the intermediate range since kaaya and even Williams is more accurate than brad in that regard

Advertisement
Back