Will the real Duke please stand up...

Hurricane Warrior

Retired staff
Premium
UMfb073014-149.jpg

johnson_duke12_1124.JPG

Miami running back Duke Johnson (8) crosses the goal line ahead of Duke safety Walt Canty (4) for a touchdown in the first quarter of an NCAA college football game on Saturday, Nov. 24, 2012, in Durham, N.C. Miami won the game 52-45.

Nov. 24, 2012
Johnson capped a spectacular rookie campaign on Saturday, rushing for 176 yards and three touchdowns in the Hurricanes’ season-ending 52-45 victory against Duke.

On the first play of the second half, Johnson broke Portis’ UM freshman rushing record of 838 yards set in 1999 with a 5-yard gain. Johnson ended up shattering Portis’ mark, finishing his first season with 947 yards.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Duke can score 7 TDs this Saturday. Won't matter.

Bcuz the other Duke's offense will score 8 TDs vs this D scheme

Anyone that criticizes Duke should be shot in the face.

If the rest of our team played with half the pride that he does, we'd be undefeated.

Kid easily could have had back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons. And here I am four games into his junior year waiting for his first 100-yard rushing game. Crazy how things go down sometimes.

Advertisement
Also I'm not sure if this is a thread about Duke underperforming. But if it is, then it's ******* stupid.

Advertisement
Also I'm not sure if this is a thread about Duke underperforming. But if it is, then it's ****ing stupid.

For the record, first, I said 100-yard rushing games (I'm aware of his total yards last game). And second, for my part, I don't think he's underperforming even for a second. I think teams are keying on him and that the Oline and playcalling have let him down. He's a baller.

My thought is just that it's crazy when it seems someone is so good yet you don't get the numbers you expect, for whatever reason. Frankly, before every single game this year I always expect/predict that he'll have 100 yards rushing easy. The only question in my mind is whether he'll have his 100 by halftime. I just can't believe that he hasn't erupted yet.

Duke looks great through four games. I expect him to go off but it won't be enough.

Advertisement
The problem is when the D can't get off the field this reduces the number of offensive opportunities. When we look back at Dukes career it will be wasted due to Doritos and Folden incompetence.

Advertisement
To me it seems like theyre let Kaaya throw a lot to get experience and saving Duke for the conference games. I could be wrong....but that what im thinking.

To me it seems like theyre let Kaaya throw a lot to get experience and saving Duke for the conference games. I could be wrong....but that what im thinking.

This is a big conference game! **** saving anyone or the playbook when you are losing!

Last edited:
If Duke is being saved for conference games then Golden was an idiot for using the kid near the end of last game. Could you imagine if he gets hurt trying to score a meaningless TD.

Advertisement
Back