Will NFL HC openings affect College

MizCane

Senior
Schefter expects 7-10 HC openings in the NFL. Have to assume Harbaugh and even Smart are on some short lists. Add in Saban getting close to retirement. Will the college football world be shook if both go?

Advertisement
Schefter expects 7-10 HC openings in the NFL. Have to assume Harbaugh and even Smart are on some short lists. Add in Saban getting close to retirement. Will the college football world be shook if both go?
If smart really left Georgia I think they could bring back lanning. Michigan no clue.

Smart and Ohio State just for men beard HC getting hired by the NFL would be God sent.

Harbaugh is the only one that could go, he tried to get an NFL HC job for years and I expect he will try again (even if he publicly said that was the last time a year ago).

Matt Rhule, Kingsbury, Meyer all CFB coaches that left a pretty bad taste in the mouth of the pros. I can’t see who may overturn this trend, maybe Lincoln Riley. He looks pretty burned out by the new CFB landscape.

Smart is not going anywhere.

Smart isn’t going anywhere. He’s a college he guy and he’s home at the job he wanted.

Harbaugh although at his alma mater seems like he wants back in the NFL game.

These last few college guys (HCs) who made the jump flamed out bad whereas there have been a couple of coordinators who jumped to the NFL for a season or two as assistants and became HCs and were good hires

Advertisement
I think Harbaugh goes to the NFL, probably the Bears. NCAA will hand down lengthy suspension and sanctions if he stays at Michigan.

Advertisement
Harbaugh is the only one that could go, he tried to get an NFL HC job for years and I expect he will try again (even if he publicly said that was the last time a year ago).

Matt Rhule, Kingsbury, Meyer all CFB coaches that left a pretty bad taste in the mouth of the pros. I can’t see who may overturn this trend, maybe Lincoln Riley. He looks pretty burned out by the new CFB landscape.

Smart is not going anywhere.
I could see Chicago pairing Riley with Williams. Harbaugh makes sense based on past successes.

I don't see anyway to entice Smart to leave. He’s compensated so well and he’s probably got a lifetime gig at this point.

I also think Harbaugh bolts - but have heard he does not get along with the Bears brass at all.
It would make sense to jump now. Leave it with Moore and get one more shot in the league. Win, win for everyone involved as opposed to the last two seasons.

Advertisement
Back