Will Mallory Status

1601557483153.png

Negative! Abort the mission. I repeat, abort the mission.

Advertisement
Man. Those UM volleyball players are ELITE. 5-star talents....

But I digress..... Mallory to me can be the X-factor in this Clemson game if healthy. Thankfully, the bi-week should do wonders for those sore ribs...

Week after week, we have seen defenses key in on an aspect of our offense to try and make us one dimensional....

1. UAB- Tried to take away the pass and because of it, was gashed for 300yds of rushing....
2. Louisville- Tried to take away the run, failed miserably, but the passing game had a big night
3. FSU- tried to limit the pass, bracketed coverage to Brevin and dropped 8 on passing downs. Forced us to limit the big plays and we had to be patient on offense, with several long drives early, before the dams broke loose.

I could see Venables and Clemson trying to turn King into a passer again by loading the box and forcing our WRs to win matchups. Considering the known issues we have at WR, I could see Lashlee countering with a lot of 2-TE sets and using Mallory as a intermediate threat, with the defenses focused on Brevin....

I was looking at old T&F videos recently and came across this gem from Mallory......10.99 at his size is ridiculous! (1st race in this vid)....

Advertisement
Other than that ONE play attempting to block a 1st round DT, he’s been praised on his improvement in the blocking department so far this year.
Don’t listen that garbage. Mallory is blocking very well this year and on the 4Th and 1 Where Can housed it he had the key block. I hate when people just throw garbage at the wall and hope it sticks.

Mallory will breakout next year much like Bubba Bolden is doing this year. It will officially be his TE room. We just need steady production from him this season to keep the heat off Brevin. Him being in the game helps BJ out immensely. And the WRs too. Its another weapon teams have to account for especially up the seam which it seems like Lashlee LOVES to take advantage of. Hope he is 100% by Clemson. Coaches need to give him light work this week in practice. IMO.

Advertisement
Cam Williams also left injured and never came back. Any news on him?

But I digress..... Mallory to me can be the X-factor in this Clemson game if healthy. Thankfully, the bi-week should do wonders for those sore ribs...

Week after week, we have seen defenses key in on an aspect of our offense to try and make us one dimensional....

1. UAB- Tried to take away the pass and because of it, was gashed for 300yds of rushing....
2. Louisville- Tried to take away the run, failed miserably, but the passing game had a big night
3. FSU- tried to limit the pass, bracketed coverage to Brevin and dropped 8 on passing downs. Forced us to limit the big plays and we had to be patient on offense, with several long drives early, before the dams broke loose.

I could see Venables and Clemson trying to turn King into a passer again by loading the box and forcing our WRs to win matchups. Considering the known issues we have at WR, I could see Lashlee countering with a lot of 2-TE sets and using Mallory as a intermediate threat, with the defenses focused on Brevin....

I was looking at old T&F videos recently and came across this gem from Mallory......10.99 at his size is ridiculous! (1st race in this vid)....

**** Mallory beat the Gators starting CB Kaiir Elam.... that is wild.

Advertisement

Lol, kid is a beast.. He just needs some targets in his way..

Not a problem when Brevin Jordan is the TE asked to do so. Best TE in the country. True 1st round talent.

Great block by Brevin. But it wasn’t in the open field against Marvin Wilson, who is a douche but a strong player.
‘Mallory had a tougher assignment on the long pass and did his job pretty well.

Advertisement
In what world is a Cory Durden as good as a Marvin Wilson?
Not only that, we’re talking about two totally different scenarios. When you’re run blocking, all your momentum is going towards the man you block. Pass blocking, you’re upright and trying to absorb the defender who’s momentum is moving towards you. Expecting a 240 lb tight end to just throw off a 300+lb DT who’s running right into him defies physics. There’s a reason offensive linemen all weigh over 300 lbs.

If you think we're asking a 245 pound receiving TE to block a 300+ pound DT, then that's a play design problem, not a Mallory problem.
Mallory did about as much as anyone could have expected. Because of that, we got a TD. Only way he could have stopped lard@$$ was by holding him, and we know how that would have ended.

Advertisement
Back