Will Mallory 193 yards 2 TDs highlights

View as article
Advertisement
[TWEET]922189906318938112[/TWEET]

Mallory needs more strength to be a key impact freshman next year...lets stop the hype train in thinking most of our freshman can start right away bc it's simply not true. Some guys will see burn due to necessity, but that doesn't make them ready for primetime.

He needs to add strength and weight to develop up to his potential as a complete dynamic TE, but IMO he is talented enough as a long and strong receiving option to come in and carve out a role off the bat

[TWEET]922189906318938112[/TWEET]

Mallory needs more strength to be a key impact freshman next year...lets stop the hype train in thinking most of our freshman can start right away bc it's simply not true. Some guys will see burn due to necessity, but that doesn't make them ready fro primetime.

Jordan ready. If herndon leaves early I fully envision him starting next year due to how physical he is in the run game and his elite receiving skills. Mallory should get a lot of playing time too as a receiving tight end

Herndons a senior bud so he's gone.

But yeah, I agree Jordan likely will start since it appears Irvin can't get it together. Patchan will get a lot more PT at TE too. Think Mallory is 1 yr from being a solid contributor. Don't think it'll take him all that long to put some solid wight on.

....anybody know how much Evidence Njoku is weighting? lol. ....too bad he tore his ACL.

Advertisement
Does anybody think we might look for a JUCO TE?

What are the #s teams usually look to have for the TE spot? 4-6? For next year we are projected to have Irvin, Polendy, Jordan, and Mallory. Irvin is a question mark given the latest news. So it sounds plausible we would want to add another guy there, three tight ends in once class seems a bit much though

looks like some weak competition tho

I don't know if they're as good as last year, but Trinity Catholic typically fields a team that runs late into the playoffs if not state.

Considering the number he did on them last year, you have to figure he was a big priority when they were preparing for this years matchup. All he did was go out there and dominate again. That makes his performance even more impressive.

Advertisement
Polenday will be the Dobard role, so both freshmen gotta take some receiving yards.

This kid is so smooth and has incredibly soft hands for a TE. Reminds me of Olsen a little bit. Don't be surprised if he takes the job from Jordan, but both are extremely talented.

This kid is so smooth and has incredibly soft hands for a TE. Reminds me of Olsen a little bit. Don't be surprised if he takes the job from Jordan, but both are extremely talented.

Can’t see it, jordan is a complete tight end with elite blocking and receiving skills so he will probably start day 1. He’s putting up ridiculous numbers playing against the best teams in the country and his film is ridiculous. Mallory’s film is ridiculous as well but I see him playing more in the slot than as an in-line tight end. Both will fit very well together in the offense. Needs to add some weight but both will play right away especially over polendy. We have an incredible amount of talent coming in on Both sides of the ball.... going to make a serious run in the acc for the foreseeable future

Last edited:
He'll be big enough and strong enough as soon as he gets here to line up like Njoku did most of the time.

Advertisement
I agree with the last few posts. Jordan and Mallory can be on the field at the same time. I think Jordan will be our official starting TE next year, but both will play alot.

Does anybody think we might look for a JUCO TE?

What are the #s teams usually look to have for the TE spot? 4-6? For next year we are projected to have Irvin, Polendy, Jordan, and Mallory. Irvin is a question mark given the latest news. So it sounds plausible we would want to add another guy there, three tight ends in once class seems a bit much though

I THINK THEY ARE/WERE HIGH ON the walk on kid Malik Curry as well. If he can show something it could save a schollie for a year.

Advertisement
They probably scour the waver wire and take a grad transfer. Seems to be the M.O. and would make perfect sense. Buy some time for the freshmen to develop and get the scholarship back after 1 yr.

Advertisement
Back