Will Lashlee call plays in bowl game?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Do it old school; let the QB (Gasp) call the plays. No tendencies, no patterns just random play calling.

There have been instances where coordinators have still called games for their prior team, even while recruiting and doing stuff for the new team. I assume he's done too, but it wouldn't be out of the ordinary. Just wondering if anyone knew.
Rare. Especially in a meaningless game.

Takes a real clown like Diaz to come back for a Pinstripe Bowl for a 7-5 team in 2018, when he’s been hired by Temple weeks earlier.

Lashlee ain’t no Diaz.

****, Brian Kelly ran out of South Bend as his kids have an outside shot at the Playoffs.

Advertisement
For this game, for 60 minutes, for one time only, we're BRINGING BACK BUTCH!!!!
Coming To America Bar GIF

I'd laugh if it happened and we ended up scoring 50+ and TVD throws for 500!
In high school we used to have the seniors come back for the spring game (before jamborees) and play the upcoming team, we scored 48 without a coach only time the seniors ever won. In college (NAIA) same thing alumni would come back. I didn't go back and play in that one until my 2nd year in grad school. They had a coaching change from my old coach but **** if we didn't beat them (without a coach) and only time that happened. The new coach cancelled that game after that one - now we had the three best WRs in school history playing, best QB and an All-American MLB who was a PT instructor for the FBI - I hated going against him the years before.

In college my QB called the plays, if one of us linemen told him to run something he would. We had a lot of big plays that way. Of course the WRs were always open according to them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If Likens is still on staff, which I believe he is, he’ll probably call the plays.

Once Manny’s fired Jess Simpson will be Interim HC.

Advertisement
Going to Bump this instead of making a new thread.

Any word on whose taking over the team for the bowl game and whose calling plays?

Advertisement
Back