WILL LARRY SCOTT MAKE STAFF CHANGES??

the storm

Banned Under CIS Martial Law until 11/5/20
According to the paper this morning he has the authority to do so. Should be interesting. One of the players was quoted as saying "I'm excited to see what Coach Scott can do; he's well respected in the locker room".

Advertisement
I for one sure hope so. Given the closeness between golden and Dorito I'm concerned that Dorito will become a problem in the locker room or behind Scotts back. Dotito especially needs to get his walking papers sooner rather than later. We don't need that kind of problem right now.

Hopefully he does like Campbell did with the Dolphins.. Let it sink in for a day and look at the entire scope of things. Then come back tomorrow and make some changes. First and foremost, he needs to let No D go immediately.

He shouldn't have to let D'No go. D'No's resignation letter should already be on his desk.

Advertisement
He is Interim coach. Just steer the **** ship. The season is all but over and he was given the job as babysitter.

Bull, shake it up! He's auditioning himself, probably not for here. But he goes status quo, new coach may not keep him. And new job may not come knocking. And I hope the kids win every week from here on out! Season is not over. Kids deserve better than giving up on them. Thus was always about the coach, not the kids. Turn em loose, let em eat!

Last edited:
Advertisement
He is Interim coach. Just steer the **** ship. The season is all but over and he was given the job as babysitter.

Some folks here are way overestimating Larry's experience and role. His coaching resume is thin (as per Canes web site):

Florida native Larry Scott is in his third season as the Miami Hurricanes tight ends coach. He joined the UM staff on Feb. 25, 2013. In 2014, Scott oversaw a tight end unit that combined for 52 receptions and 833 yards receiving. He also mentored Clive Walford, who had a breakout 2014 campaign where he led the team in receptions with 44.

Under Scott’s watchful eye, Walford earned third team All-America and second team All-ACC honors. Following the year, Walford was selected in the third round of the NFL Draft by the Oakland Raiders.

Prior to coming to Coral Gables, Scott, a native of Sebring, Fla., spent the previous eight seasons at USF, beginning in 2005 as the director of high school relations. In 2006, he moved to a graduate assistant role before coaching tight ends in 2007-08 and again in 2010-11. Between tight end coaching stints, he coached the offensive line in 2009. In 2012, he coached the running backs and became an offensive assistant.

During his second stint as the Bulls’ TE coach, Scott and his group helped USF to its fifth-straight eight-win season, making it one of only 15 programs nationally and one of just 10 in BCS leagues to accomplish the feat.

Scott’s biggest impact on USF came in recruiting within Miami-Dade and Broward counties. USF’s 2008 class was considered to be among the best in program history until the Bulls’ 2009 class was ranked No. 21 nationally.

His coaching career began in the high school ranks as the run game coordinator and offensive line coach at Tampa’s Wharton HS from May 2001-August 2001. From there, he was the offensive coordinator and O-line coach from 2001-03 at Freedom HS before returning to his prep alma mater - Sebring HS - in 2004 as an exceptional education teacher and the co-offensive coordinator.

Scott was a three-year letter winner (1997-99) as an offensive tackle for USF and was a member of the first recruiting class that began practicing in 1996, the year before the first USF Football game. He arrived at USF after a successful three-sport career at Sebring High School, where he was a four-year letter winner for the football team and also earned a pair of varsity letters in baseball as a freshman and sophomore and in wrestling as a junior and senior.

A 2000 graduate from USF with a bachelor’s degree in communications, Scott and his wife Shakiera have three children: sons, Larry and Jalen, and daughter Jurnee.

It's said that he's well liked by the players, but that doesn't mean much; so were the previous 3 corches. His role will be as a placeholder/babysitter until the real HC (Butch) shows up.

Everyone's heard that line about having the authority to keep coaches, as he sees fit, but I don't buy it. Flake, too, says he's king of the hill, but he's merely a puppet.

No one will be fired immediately, as they're needed to run everyday operations, and touch base with recruits. I'm sure the entire staff already have their resumes out. That's a good thing. Larry will be looking to plug holes, in the remaining weeks.

BTW, I noted that Dorito is still listed as Assistant Head Coach. Probably due to an oversight, he didn't get the interim gig.

Last edited:
Either fire Dorito or force him to run the most basic, GED 4-3 cover 2 known to man.

I don't think he'll make staff changes, but I think he'll do what most do, and simplify things.

Who would he possibly bring in on October 26th? Everyone worth having currently has a job. Like others are saying, he is a babysitter. His role is to keep the program running for the next month.

Advertisement
I want to see what No D will do on Saturday before showing him the door.

Sounds crazy but I'd like to see if he's been catching all of the blame for running Golden's read & react defense.

Demote Coley and let Ice call the offense

Let Hurlie call the defense.

You ou can't do much worse than what we have been doing with Dorito and coley. Might as
well hand the offense and defense to someone else see how it goes. I bet you will get much better results

Larry Scott spent quite a bit of time under Jim Leavitt, who always had good Defenses.

I would love to see Scott install a more aggressive D, though not sure D'Onofrio could coach a different scheme.

Regardless, i wouldnt be surprised to see Scott make a few changes.

Advertisement
Good grief at people expecting some big turnaround in the next month. The goal right now is to keep the recruiting class intact and find a new head coach.

Forget a turnaround. This should be a statement. Larry Scott would be remembered alone for kicking Coach D out on his ***.

Good grief at people expecting some big turnaround in the next month. The goal right now is to keep the recruiting class intact and find a new head coach.

The same thing that is happening with the Dolphins right now, will be happening with the Canes over the next month.

Advertisement
Back