Will Howard to Ohio St

Gaby also said 4 days ago that Miami was going to focus on closing out the recruiting class and he didn’t think QB was going to be a focal point yet.

Boom a day later we get the top 2 guys on campus back to back. He is so ******* clueless.
did you miss, "who the **** knows"?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Get Howard. Let Camani Ward play his bidding games elsewhere. That $hitt just gets old real fast. I get the "gotta get paid while the paying is good" mentality, but enough already. There's not an appreciable difference in happiness between making $1.1m or $1.2m somewhere else. And yes, I can do math and can see the $100k difference, but when you factor in taxes and quality of life, it's really not much of a difference at all. It's why I appreciate the rare athlete superstar who sees it. D Wade helped bring in more talent by taking less. Ohtani appears to be trying to do the same. The $elfishne$$ and greed of so many is tough to stomach.

Get Howard. Let Camani Ward play his bidding games elsewhere. That $hitt just gets old real fast. I get the "gotta get paid while the paying is good" mentality, but enough already. There's not an appreciable difference in happiness between making $1.1m or $1.2m somewhere else. And yes, I can do math and can see the $100k difference, but when you factor in taxes and quality of life, it's really not much of a difference at all. It's why I appreciate the rare athlete superstar who sees it. D Wade helped bring in more talent by taking less. Ohtani appears to be trying to do the same. The $elfishne$$ and greed of so many is tough to stomach.
How do u know it’s a bidding war? Maybe he’s just trying to make the best decision form him and his family. I agree with moving forward with Howard if that’s an option.

Advertisement

have to also factor in no state income tax in FL as well. playing at USC for example would be a much higher tax on his NIL deal

How do u know it’s a bidding war? Maybe he’s just trying to make the best decision form him and his family. I agree with moving forward with Howard if that’s an option.
I don't "know" with 100% certainty as I'm not privvy to the closed door communications that are happening. However, when you listen to what Camani's dad is saying - F$U, Miami, maybe another school and we haven't ruled out going pro - what other logical conclusion can you come to?
And I get the trying to make the best decision aspect which I alluded to in my original comment. I also get that Cam has certainly already received feedback from the league regarding where he might get picked. He knows what to expect. The bigger point I'm trying to make here is that I have an issue with the growing trend/belief that the economics are the sole factor in making decisions. Laugh all you want, but there really is more to life than just making money.

have to also factor in no state income tax in FL as well. playing at USC for example would be a much higher tax on his NIL deal
Yup. If you haven't already, watch "Broke". It's a 30 for 30 talking about all the former athletes who went broke. There are several common themes and factors contributing to why so many athletes go broke. Multiple babymommas, thirsty family members and friends, along with taxes seem to be woven into every story. Live simple and live happy ain't a bad way to go.

Advertisement
I don't "know" with 100% certainty as I'm not privvy to the closed door communications that are happening. However, when you listen to what Camani's dad is saying - F$U, Miami, maybe another school and we haven't ruled out going pro - what other logical conclusion can you come to?
And I get the trying to make the best decision aspect which I alluded to in my original comment. I also get that Cam has certainly already received feedback from the league regarding where he might get picked. He knows what to expect. The bigger point I'm trying to make here is that I have an issue with the growing trend/belief that the economics are the sole factor in making decisions. Laugh all you want, but there really is more to life than just making money.
am I understanding you correctly that you don’t think that Cam and his parents realize that there is more to life than making money?

Nope. Overcharge for what they did to Reggie bush and the cold crush. Run it up cam

Advertisement
Back