Will Howard to Ohio St

This guy got KSU to 8-4. He would easily get us to over 30 ppg against even our top opponents next season. Which means as long as the defense does its job we’re getting to 10+ and have a good shot at making the ACCCG and playoffs.

Same outcome with Ward btw. Just close one of them.

Advertisement
I think it is the total number of turnovers on average. Fumbles are drive killers just like INTs.

Fumbles just like INTs do require context though…like if a QB fumbles due to the LT being beat and he’s strip-sacked in 1.5sec…nothing a qb can do about that, not on him at all. Or if an INT is due to a drop by a WR - shouldn’t be counted against the QB……

Numbers can lie at times however with such a high number of fumbles - it gives the impression that Ward is a bit more careless with the football as opposed to Howard.

All things considered - I will happily accept and be ecstatic with either QB - I just don’t want us to wind up empty handed because they make Howard wait when he says he wants to commit- , then he feels disrespected so decides to make us wait for him to take other visits - then Ward decides to take other visits and next thing you know we see Ward AND Howard signing elsewhere
A turnover is bad regardless of how it comes. Howard has only started 2 full seasons. Both of which he compilled double digit turnovers. Ward commits more total turnovers but no one mentions the volume for Howard. If Howard was asked to carry an offense the way Ward was, he'd be in a worse predicament. The hypocrisy is fitting for CIS, but I will continue to call it out.

This guy got KSU to 8-4. He would easily get us to over 30 ppg against even our top opponents next season. Which means as long as the defense does its job we’re getting to 10+ and have a good shot at making the ACCCG and playoffs.

Same outcome with Ward btw. Just close one of them.
I like him, but KSU always goes 8-4 and Klieman is a good coach so I can't attribute that all to Howard.

I think we'd have more potential to ride Ward to victory in certain games, whereas Howard would just be a good complimentary piece with Fletcher.

I think people need to give up on the turnover thing already. There is a difference in a QB having to carry a team and do everything in his ability to win games while running for his **** life vs actually having some time and deliver to playmakers because of having a real actual OL. Even Howard's RB's were repeatedly tackled behind the LOS.

Both of these QB's will be better players here behind this OL.

Is the turnover thing a knock on ward or Howard? As for the INTs, Howard had more of them this past year and given how much ward threw, his InT % is among the lowest of all top tier QBs. Only Daniels and Nix had better and their numbers were absurd.

If it’s lost fumbles (I believe ward had 7-8), are we really nitpicking on that number? I admit he does scramble a lot but I see a lot of scrambles where he is trying to keep the play alive to pass the ball. FWIW, his OL wasn’t terrible (top 50 in CFB based on PFF grades) but they broke down enough on him.

Advertisement
Is the turnover thing a knock on ward or Howard? As for the INTs, Howard had more of them this past year and given how much ward threw, his InT % is among the lowest of all top tier QBs. Only Daniels and Nix had better and their numbers were absurd.

If it’s lost fumbles (I believe ward had 7-8), are we really nitpicking on that number? I admit he does scramble a lot but I see a lot of scrambles where he is trying to keep the play alive to pass the ball. FWIW, his OL wasn’t terrible (top 50 in CFB based on PFF grades) but they broke down enough on him.
Ranking that OL in the top 50 may be the biggest indictment of PFF to date

Both

I like him, but KSU always goes 8-4 and Klieman is a good coach so I can't attribute that all to Howard.

I think we'd have more potential to ride Ward to victory in certain games, whereas Howard would just be a good complimentary piece with Fletcher.
I think we'd also be able to ride Howard to wins as well, cause of his running ability.

Advertisement
A turnover is bad regardless of how it comes. Howard has only started 2 full seasons. Both of which he compilled double digit turnovers. Ward commits more total turnovers but no one mentions the volume for Howard. If Howard was asked to carry an offense the way Ward was, he'd be in a worse predicament. The hypocrisy is fitting for CIS, but I will continue to call it out.
Michael Jackson Pods GIF

Could be they want to get both guys in the building and see how they fit with the team before making the final push on one.

In the old days, they would get both guys in the building and have them fight it out like gladiators. Last one standing is the new Miami QB who gets all the NIL $.

Advertisement
I will agree that Howard’s turnovers aren’t highlighted the way Wards have been. This is due to the number of turnovers imo.

The notion that one guy was carrying his team and the other wasn’t is subjective, as one could argue that Howard is carrying his team as well (K State isn’t exactly a recruiting hotspot).

I will agree that Howard’s turnovers aren’t highlighted the way Wards have been. This is due to the number of turnovers imo.

The notion that one guy was carrying his team and the other wasn’t is subjective, as one could argue that Howard is carrying his team as well (K State isn’t exactly a recruiting hotspot).
Howard played 2 half seasons so the turnovers won't match. Ward had almost 150 more pass attempts than Howard. I think he was asked to do more from a passing perspective.

Advertisement
Maybe I got lost in translation.. but ummm. How did Cam get tied into Jeremiah Smith recruiting?

What makes anyone think Smith sees Ward as a good QB? How do you know Smith doesn't want to play with Howard?

Yall creating some fantastical narratives. Boy I tell ya......
No offense but check out D$'s bank...

Advertisement
Back