Will G Willis be a Junior next season?

Don't need two years of production. As somebody posted above nick fairley was one year wonder. Kevin white at west virginia had one huge year and was a top 10 pick in last year draft.

I'm not familiar with those two, were they ever kicked off a team?

Kryptonite being a homer lol if Willis has a big year he's gone

That may be, but it's difficult to say that if some other player did it this guy will too. My point was that he may need another year to convince the NFL he's worth the risk given his past. Or not. If he dominates there will always be teams willing to roll the dice. Maybe he values education and will want to graduate.

Advertisement
Maybe you guys are not reading what i am writing or making up words that are not there. NEVER SAID HE WOULD GO ROUND 1. Just said he would be draft eligible and with a monster season could declare.

In all honesty with today's CBA in the NFL a player not picked in round 1 has an easier road to the "next" contract which is the first big payoff. 1st rounders have a fifth year team option that can be exercised, anyone picked after round one is only 3-4 years......Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman are a few that comes to mind who had a quicker road to their first BIG payday

And we're giving you our opinion. Willis was kicked off of UF's team which gives him a big red flag. Having a monster season would make him draftable. But what we're saying is that he's going to need to put up consistent seasons of productivity. Having one good season in your collegiate career (remember he played a little his freshman season) doesn't give scouts much tape to work with.

Cam Newton....trouble maker 1 good year of film against any kind of comp. Nope there's not any "Seasons" of consistancy there, but he was drafted #1 overall. Someone's mentioned Nic Fairly and Kevin White. 1 season of production and not "seasons" of production. There are MANY instances of a player shining for 1 year and getting drafted. Here's a better one for you partner JJ Watt. Do you need more examples or are arguably the Offensive and Defensive MVPs in the NFL enough?

This isn't the pre 2010's where seniors and very few Jrs are the only ones to get drafted. If you can show production at a high level you will get drafted. NFL is based on potential and what you can be.

I don’t really wanna join this argument as i have no stake or side to it. Nick Fairley, Kevin White, and JJ Watt are solid examples.

However comparing Gerald Willis to Cam Newton is silly. Cam newton won the Heisman and a national championship showcasing nearly every desirable trait in a quarterback along the way. Also quarterback is the most valuable part of the team which allows for those situations to happen more often. Those situations are not anywhere close and would not be indicative at all for Willis to make the jump simply because Cam did and was successful

So if Willis plays DT and looks like the next Suh he won't get drafted top 10?

Might be tough for a team to justify 1st round money for a guy who looks likely to get into trouble.

Willis has first round talent. But one good season as a regular rotation guy is not going to let him slip into the 1st round, it would just get him drafted. At UF in his frosh year, he was really good but didn't get much in playing time. To get into the 1st round, he'll have to put up two good years without any off the field issues.

Maybe you guys are not reading what i am writing or making up words that are not there. NEVER SAID HE WOULD GO ROUND 1. Just said he would be draft eligible and with a monster season could declare.

In all honesty with today's CBA in the NFL a player not picked in round 1 has an easier road to the "next" contract which is the first big payoff. 1st rounders have a fifth year team option that can be exercised, anyone picked after round one is only 3-4 years......Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman are a few that comes to mind who had a quicker road to their first BIG payday

And we're giving you our opinion. Willis was kicked off of UF's team which gives him a big red flag. Having a monster season would make him draftable. But what we're saying is that he's going to need to put up consistent seasons of productivity. Having one good season in your collegiate career (remember he played a little his freshman season) doesn't give scouts much tape to work with.

Cam Newton....trouble maker 1 good year of film against any kind of comp. Nope there's not any "Seasons" of consistancy there, but he was drafted #1 overall. Someone mentioned Nic Fairly and Kevin White. 1 season of production and not "seasons" of production. There are MANY instances of a player shining for 1 year and getting drafted. Here's a better one for you partner JJ Watt. Do you need more examples or are arguably the Offensive and Defensive MVPs in the NFL enough?

This isn't the pre 2010's where seniors and very few Jrs are the only ones to get drafted. If you can show production at a high level you will get drafted. NFL is based on potential and what you can be.

I don’t really wanna join this argument as i have no stake or side to it. Nick Fairley, Kevin White, and JJ Watt are solid examples.

However comparing Gerald Willis to Cam Newton is silly. Cam newton won the Heisman and a national championship showcasing nearly every desirable trait in a quarterback along the way. Also quarterback is the most valuable part of the team which allows for those situations to happen more often. Those situations are not anywhere close and would not be indicative at all for Willis to make the jump simply because Cam did and was successful

Wasn't comparing Cam to Willis. I was showing an example to O&G that someone who has very questionable choices in his background and 1 great year on the Power 5 level can, in fact, be drafted and drafted very high.

Those names were just examples of people who have made poor choices with one team, gone to another team, dominated, and got drafted very high. They were also examples of players who came out of no where to dominate 1 year and get drafted very high.

I have never said Willis will go round 1 if he has a monster year. I have only said he was draft eligible after next year and with a monster season he would declare IMO. I think people are reading to much into him being asked to leave Florida. Willis was never arrested or in trouble with anyone but administration (maybe) and a new HC asked him not to come back. I bet if Champ was there Willis would still be in hogtown.

Doubt it needs to have two productive years and behave himself

I agree with the behaving himself and maybe another year. However he was VERY productive in his limited time at UF. He made more than a few great plays when he was on the field as a frosh. Also i never said he would be a high draft pick, just that he would be eligible and could leave if he has a monster season.

Willis has first round talent. But one good season as a regular rotation guy is not going to let him slip into the 1st round, it would just get him drafted. At UF in his frosh year, he was really good but didn't get much in playing time. To get into the 1st round, he'll have to put up two good years without any off the field issues.

He will not need 2 years if he comes in puts up good numbers.

As I said before, having one good season doesn't give scouts much tape to work with. Plus the fact that he got kicked out of UF is a huge red flag to the NFL. He'll need consistent seasons to show he's not a trouble maker as well. He'll get drafted, it just depends on where he gets drafted. Apparently some don't know how the NFL works. It's not rocket science. People act like elite/really productive d-linemen are non-existent.

I know how he NFL works, if he balls out to his potential he'll be a one and done.

Advertisement
Cant wait to see him in the spring. This guy has to have been a caged animal. Sitting out for **** near a year and a half? It might take him some time to get going but once that light goes on he should be able to dominant in a scheme like this.

I think we're getting way ahead of ourselves here. Let's let him get on the field and actually play before we start arguing over whether or not he's a first round talent. We're basing all our assumptions off of high school and one season of college where he really didn't make an impact. Marcus Forston declared as soon as he was eligible too.

Cam Newton....trouble maker 1 good year of film against any kind of comp. Nope there's not any "Seasons" of consistancy there, but he was drafted #1 overall. Someone mentioned Nic Fairly and Kevin White. 1 season of production and not "seasons" of production. There are MANY instances of a player shining for 1 year and getting drafted. Here's a better one for you partner JJ Watt. Do you need more examples or are arguably the Offensive and Defensive MVPs in the NFL enough?

Wasn't comparing Cam to Willis. I was showing an example to O&G that someone who has very questionable choices in his background and 1 great year on the Power 5 level can, in fact, be drafted and drafted very high.

Those names were just examples of people who have made poor choices with one team, gone to another team, dominated, and got drafted very high. They were also examples of players who came out of no where to dominate 1 year and get drafted very high.

I have never said Willis will go round 1 if he has a monster year. I have only said he was draft eligible after next year and with a monster season he would declare IMO. I think people are reading to much into him being asked to leave Florida. Willis was never arrested or in trouble with anyone but administration (maybe) and a new HC asked him not to come back. I bet if Champ was there Willis would still be in hogtown.

So are you trying to tell us that if Willis has a monster year that he will definitely go in the first round of the draft?

Advertisement
I hope he's still counting to 5 and walking away when he finds himself in an unsettling situation. We need this guy

I hope he's still counting to 5 and walking away when he finds himself in an unsettling situation. We need this guy
I hope UM has minders that help him count all the way to 5. I don't think it's fair to tax our players with all this math.

You all remember McDougle? He was a beast his first year. He had an unreal almost 50 QB hurries that year. If he wasn't a JC guy, he would have been the best DE ever here.

My point is, it's not out of the realm of possibilities to make a big splash your first year.

So are you trying to tell us that if Willis has a monster year that he will definitely go in the first round of the draft?

Nope, not at all....I'm saying if he has a monster year i think we would DECLARE for the draft.

Advertisement
How about we just let Kool develop him, watch him play and see what happens? It would be nice to have a dominant DT that can blow up the backfield. We haven't had that in so long. I'm just excited to good/great DL play.

Advertisement
Back