Will fit in great at FSU

VA_Cane_54

Sophomore
http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story?storyId=10327194&src=desktop

A Florida State junior college recruit has been arrested for allegedly eating marijuana in order to conceal it from police.

Power forward Cinmeon Bowers, who committed to Florida State in September, and two of his teammates at Chipola College in Marianna, Fla., were arrested Thursday night following a traffic stop.

According to the Marianna Police Department, officers smelled marijuana coming from the car after the vehicle was pulled over for a speeding violation.

Bowers, 20, and Chipola teammates Torian Graham, 20, and Jamaar McKay-Taylor, 19, ate the marijuana in an attempt to conceal it from the officers, according to the police statement. They were charged with tampering with evidence and taken to the Jackson County Correctional Facility.

All three players have been suspended indefinitely by Chipola College until the legal process plays out, coach Patrick Blake told ESPN.

Florida State coach Leonard Hamilton told ESPN he will allow the process to play out regarding Bowers.

"I will wait until I get all the complete information," Hamilton told ESPN.

The 6-foot-6 Bowers is widely considered to be one of the top junior college prospects in the country.

Graham has taken visits to Missouri and UNLV, while Kentucky, Cincinnati and Alabama have also expressed interest.

ESPN.com's Jeff Goodman contributed to this report.

Advertisement
To be fair, I believe that we looked at Bowers out of HS and some out of JUCO as well. I assume that we knew enough to back off though.

Advertisement
Back