Will 2018 be the best class in college football in decades?

Advertisement
Might not even be the best Canes class. Check this out --

https://n.rivals.com/news/rewind-miami-s-top-five-classes-in-the-rivals-com-era

Lot of busts in those recruiting classes which one paper looked beastly. To answer this question, we won't know until at least 3 years from now.

Bad, bad, bad memories of these classes. Horrible player development, Horrible coaching. I'm hoping w/ a vastly superior staff, these types of things won't be duplicated.

Yep. They went after stars, nothing else. So many of those kids came to Miami to coast, not work.

Dropping Jalen Patterson and Thomas Burns gives us a score of 240.68 with 14 commits, which is where we currently stand

For the sake of this and being conservative I'd guess we add Elijah Moore, Brevin Jordan, John Campbell, and William Barnes to finish up On Offense.
Defense is much harder though, since we have really no idea how this DL (or even LB) class will look. But I'd guess at least Al Blades, Tyson Campbell, David Reese, Rosendo Louis, Abdullah, and Jamarcus Chatman. We are going after a **** load of top DL, and I wouldn't be surprised to see any of them commit to Kool. maybe we get 3 other stud DL, and don't get rousseau or something. Really the only thing I'm confident about on the DL is Silvera and Chatman.

Anyways adding these 9 guys would give us 289.33 points with 23 commits. It'll be hard enough to even cross 300-310, let alone even getting to what Bama had last yr (322).

Just for fun, even if we just straight up added the top 5 remaining uncommitted ranked players to the other 9 guys I gave us, we would have a score of 321.22. So still not as good as Bama's last yr.

Thanks, Calinative and others. I had no idea the scoring wasn't linear. I still don't know how you get to your numbers, tbh. But I trust your right. Makes it all the more crazy that Baga was No 1 and above 300 for the last 7 classes in a row. ****.

Unlikely. We'd need 4-5 more top 50 players, not recruiting any HARD at the moment, and secure any top targets within the top 100. Bama had 14 top 100 players and OSU had 11, we have 5 now and the best case finish right now would be 9(Blades, Campbell, Jordan, Sandige?).

I do think that we have a lot of momentum and finishing the season with 10+ wins would secure a top 5 class. .

Advertisement
Thanks, Calinative and others. I had no idea the scoring wasn't linear. I still don't know how you get to your numbers, tbh. But I trust your right. Makes it all the more crazy that Baga was No 1 and above 300 for the last 7 classes in a row. ****.

2018 Miami Football Class Calculator
I added in a realistic finish with 26 players (including tarot vincent cause I think kool will end up with a stud dt) and I got 302

Exactly. Just goes to show how insane Bamas class was last year, and the past 7 yrs. Because we're looking at our 2018 class and it'll probably be the best DB hauld we've ever had, and one of the best RB and WR hauls we've ever had. Yet, it really probably wont even be all that close to Bamas last yr.

We'll see if we finish top5 this yr. it'll definitely be tough. PSU has a good early class, and Bama and Clemson are definitely going to bring in great class. Then Michigan with Harbaugh, OSU with Meyer, FSU, UGA, etc. It'll be tough to finish top5.

The total score has some kind of equation built in so you only get partial pts from players after you get a certain number of kid's. So a 400 composite score is truly impossible unless you sign all of the top 25 kids in the nation.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back