Wild Cat anyone...?

Advertisement
With all of the side eyes given to our passing game, I sure hope we are getting some wildcat into the playbook. If ever there was a time to deploy it, this time of the season would be the time.
Exactly. I would use it against FSU. It would totally catch them off guard. Just like the Dolphins did against the Patriots. They were totally not prepared.

Absolutely zero reason to not go to this for a few snaps in games we need it.

Defenses do literally ZERO prep for any kind of QB runs. Not designed, not on RPO, not on scrambles. There isn't a soul on defense even thinking about the QB running with the football in his hand in any capacity.

Put Brown back there with Fletcher and go heavy and see what you can get going in the run game. I guarantee you there's not a DC who has put a second of planning into this.

Advertisement
Run it with Air Jordan Allen or Switchblade Smith preferably. We have too much talent to be struggling with variety.

I’m down if we do it to get Breshard some more touches.

Re: implementing the veer, you will probably not find a bigger supporter than me (in a vacuum). But be careful what you wish for—I’d rather have no veer than ****** disastrous veer. If you run veer, you really have to run veer.

Wildcat sounds fast and furious…

We move like a plodding platypus…

Maybe the shotgun sloth formation

Advertisement

Moar this

All joking aside - my friend is trying to get an American football team set up here in Lancashire (there are a few across the county, but none in his area).

They've had a few friendlies with local sides / university sides (where most ppl who play American football in this country tend to see their first action / play).

I told him to install the Veer offence 'cos a) nobody would know how to stop it and b) if you think finding a QB is hard in the US, imagine finding one in the UK when nobody picks up an American football until they're 18/19.

He said no - I think you'd get along.

Advertisement
Back