Wide receivers

They’re 7 on 7 all stars. It’s a different ballgame when the pads are on.
Thats definately Wiggins and Pope. And their 7 on 7 coach in Cooney who is on staff.

Never liked the down south wr's when we recruited them...they didnt put up productive stats in high school. I called for a portal wr all off season. I know we had more of a need ont he OL though. wILLIAMS HAS BEEN REAL GOOD FOR US AT rt

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thats definately Wiggins and Pope. And their 7 on 7 coach in Cooney who is on staff.

Never liked the down south wr's when we recruited them...they didnt put up productive stats in high school. I called for a portal wr all off season. I know we had more of a need ont he OL though. wILLIAMS HAS BEEN REAL GOOD FOR US AT rt
Some reporter recently tweeted every time he was at the U he saw the same group of wrs working out late on their own but also the usual suspects were always missing.

If its between 6 and 8, 6 is is so obviously the better one to have on the field. Much more dangerous in the slot, which is where any of them really belong. But Harley's so obviously a much better slot guy than him. The offense really lacks an outside receiver with either strength or size, combined with speed. When Rambo transferred in, he instantly became the best option outside. Wiggins has the height to play outside but nowhere near the strength to compete against press coverage. None of the three belong outside the numbers and every time they're out there, they can make some plays, but they are still playing out of position every time. Harley's night at NC State and Pope's game winner against VT really showed they can be lethal in the slot. You've gotta catch the ball though. Bottom line. Outside of Leonard Hankerson, I really can't remember a player who has fully recovered once they catch a case of the dropsies. Most of them have poor catching fundamentals too. Far too comfortable body catching and bread basketing their catches. I'm willing to give Likens a pass on 6 and 8 if they don't pan out next year. One of the young guys has to show us something this year though.

Last edited:
Advertisement
we have had 4 and 5 star WRs come into this program and none of them have been developed in the last 5 years. This is the University of Miami our wide receivers shouldn’t be this mediocre.

I’m pretty sure we haven’t had a five star receiver sign here in the last five years. Besides Pope, what 4 star receiver hasn’t “developed”?

Mike Harley has a chance to break the all time receptions and receiving yards records for Miami this year.

I’m pretty sure we haven’t had a five star receiver sign here in the last five years. Besides Pope, what 4 star receiver hasn’t “developed”?

Mike Harley has a chance to break the all time receptions and receiving yards records for Miami this year.
I think he is referring to Pope being a 5* on Rivals, but they suck so.

From the class of 2018, Pope, Ezzard and Hightower were all 4 star WR's (Pope a 5 on some services). None of them panned out - two transferred and one is a mediocre, unreliable WR at best,

Advertisement
From the class of 2018, Pope, Ezzard and Hightower were all 4 star WR's (Pope a 5 on some services). None of them panned out - two transferred and one is a mediocre, unreliable WR at best,
I hardly think you can blame the coaches for not developing two guys who transferred before they actually played in a game. But yeah Pope has been pretty crappy.

I hardly think you can blame the coaches for not developing two guys who transferred before they actually played in a game. But yeah Pope has been pretty crappy.
In today's world, no you can't. And I wasn't necessarily blaming the coaches. I was just saying that C/o 2018 WR haul has been a disaster.

Advertisement
Man I’m just ready to see what we have this year. I’m looking forward to seeing Rambo, Harley and Key Smith…the rest who play, I’ll trust coach Likens will have ready. Ef the tide

Man I’m just ready to see what we have this year. I’m looking forward to seeing Rambo, Harley and Key Smith…the rest who play, I’ll trust coach Likens will have ready. Ef the tide
I agree I like Rambo on the outside seems like he can be a true #1 WR! Key Smith definitely is looking the part see him having a huge year. And Harley will probably be forced to play more outside to help out the "team" Restrepo is gonna be hard to keep off the field kids just a hard worker the kinda kid helps you win rings (love this kid) I think Mello balls out as a freshman won't be asked to be #1 right away and I think that will help him shine! Breshard everyone's heard kid is coming! George could possibly be my favorite of the 3 tbh I think once he puts on weight he's gonna good one! I had high hopes for Wiggins the way he called on FSU a couple years ago kid looked like a beast was about to break out hopefully he can have that Hankerson type of last year and Pope did good in the spring game I mean 6 catches 115 ya he had a drop but hey they are what they are!

What five stars have we had come to Miami? And outside of Pope... I can’t think of anyone who’s played below they’re rank. Payton has been plagued by injuries and he’s probably the only other WR who came to Miami highly ranked in the last 5 years.

Advertisement
Back