Wide receiver close 2017

gogeta4

All-ACC
Would you guys be cool with Jordan Pouncey and James Robinson>? or McMath from Louisiana?

I would be ecstatic with that Haul. I like Robinson and we never kicked the tires there...kid looks like he would be interested.

I would also look at : Leroy Henley (Deerfield), Sharrad Johnson (BTW), and Carmoni Green who i always liked.

I think all guys listed are qualified as wekll.

Advertisement
Would you guys be cool with Jordan Pouncey and James Robinson>? or McMath from Louisiana?

I would be ecstatic with that Haul. I like Robinson and we never kicked the tires there...kid looks like he would be interested.

I would also look at : Leroy Henley (Deerfield), Sharrad Johnson (BTW), and Carmoni Green who i always liked.

Is Robinson a qualifier? Always heard he was way off grade wise. I know he's got some off the field problems too.

I'd honestly be fine with pouncey and carmoni as our two
Wrs this year. Evidence is still growing and will be a tight end eventually I think. Regarding the initial two, both are athletic, both were very productive against good competition, and both seem like better options than grad transfer filler. I don't think the risk on them is even slightly high and we need a few good guys to compete with berrios, Mullins, and cager for the starting spot opposite Richards.

If we can't get a jeudy or land a smith then get two good guys like this who will actually compete with the relevant guys opposite Richards for time next year but not necessarily be superstars.

And last of all 2018 in south Florida is loaded and I am hoping the staff learned a lot from this year and can rework those guys to land 3-4.

Won't be ecstatic with any WR finish that doesn't include a blue-chipper.

Pouncey is OK. Would be a decent late addition. Would love for us to close on a top talent to headline this WR group, even if it's likely unrealistic at this point. Tonight's victory certainly can't hurt.

Advertisement

I think Carmoni just signed with Illinois and will be an early entrant for them.

Advertisement
There are still some good WRs out there. Kelly has done a pretty good job over the years locating good WRs. He loved Pouncey. It's not like he's a Plan D level talent.

There are also potential grad transfers. Alabaga got a WR from Bowling Green this year, and he's played a lot and contributed.

pulling in Pouncey, Robinson , and McMath to add to Njuko would be an overall great haul of WR's for 2017.

Go Canes

Has there been mention of Robinson with UM recently? Did I miss an update? Or is this wishful thinking...

There's off the field issues there right?

Advertisement
op why would you even throw out Robinson's name when he isn't even a target. you know how this board goes.

I LOVE Mcmath's film. Dude looks like he's the real deal. 6-3 215 can run and great with the ball in his hands.

Advertisement
Tf is this Robinson talk coming from?? Ferman trying to get followers again or something?

If we take Knjoku and Pouncey,the next wr has to be a speed guy,can't take 3-4 big slow wrs in the same class to go with Langham and Harris.

Advertisement
Back