Why with Walker?

Canez1

OG
This may have already been discussed but I have stayed away from reading the threads for my own personal health. Why wasn’t Porter covering Walker regardless of where he lined up? I could understand possibly not doing it early on with no real feel of his impact on the game and our secondary but after he started making plays Porter should have been on him the rest of the game. The guy locks down everyone he covers. He has first round talent and could have showcased it on Saturday. I just don’t get this staff sometimes. Apologies if this has already been discussed.

Advertisement
They actually did have DP Jr on Tez Walker in the 1st quarter, playing on the Field side.

If yall remember, the first big play of the game for UNC was to JJ Jones for 48yds, he had Jaden Davis covering him.

Then UNC started moving Tez around, they lined him up in the Slot for a bit & then to come out in the 2nd half they put on the Boundary side & that’s when he ate JDavis’ fckin face off.

We don’t have any CB’s that are good enough to travel, our guys stay set within the scheme & just play on their side.

Daryl Porter Jr is by far our best pure cover corner, definitely doesn’t have 1st round talent OP lol, but he’s pretty good & has done a good job this year with his assignments.

As to why they just stick with Davis & Couch, Idk, I have a number of different theories why, none of which I want to discuss right now, but I will say that whatever the reasoning is, it’s fckin stupid. Addae hasn’t lived up to the billing at all & is just another Coach that looked better than he is when he was at a Machine like UGA & had the luxury of having 5-star talent being served up for him on a silver platter. Can’t wait til he’s gone.

Advertisement
hold on this true about the tempo ?
Said they rep in only 4 plays in practice. His entire presser is decent but if you want direct quote question starts at 2:15 mark, found the beginning where he says he was spazzing getting a penalty on 4th down a nice touch also because he didnt see ref standing RIGHT THERE..

Said they rep in only 4 plays in practice. His entire presser is decent but if you want direct quote question starts at 2:15 mark

JFC

tenor.gif

They actually did have DP Jr on Tez Walker in the 1st quarter, playing on the Field side.

If yall remember, the first big play of the game for UNC was to JJ Jones for 48yds, he had Jaden Davis covering him.

Then UNC started moving Tez around, they lined him up in the Slot for a bit & then to come out in the 2nd half they put on the Boundary side & that’s when he ate JDavis’ fckin face off.

We don’t have any CB’s that are good enough to travel, our guys stay set within the scheme & just play on their side.

Daryl Porter Jr is by far our best pure cover corner, definitely doesn’t have 1st round talent OP lol, but he’s pretty good & has done a good job this year with his assignments.

As to why they just stick with Davis & Couch, Idk, I have a number of different theories why, none of which I want to discuss right now, but I will say that whatever the reasoning is, it’s fckin stupid. Addae hasn’t lived up to the billing at all & is just another Coach that looked better than he is when he was at a Machine like UGA & had the luxury of having 5-star talent being served up for him on a silver platter. Can’t wait til he’s gone.
Lesson in why its important not to accept Ls on a take to quickly.

Advertisement

Yeah I saw the cover first quarter which is why I asked why they didn’t have him lock him down where ever he lined up. Good point about Davis. I still disagree about first round though. Put him in a better secondary with better coaching and i could see him going that high.

Yeah I saw the cover first quarter which is why I asked why they didn’t have him lock him down where ever he lined up. Good point about Davis. I still disagree about first round though. Put him in a better secondary with better coaching and i could see him going that high.

Porter played well in the West Virginia games I watched. He gets here, and the rest is...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back