Why we Need More NFL Talent on Offensive

Advertisement
But we have soooooo much talent and our guys are just underrated and hated on by the rest of the country hahaha. We just haven’t been that good over the last 14 years!
I hate the talent issue as well cause i used to hear the wait till they get to the nfl and get real coaching and those kids were OK compared to the elite butch kids (who could of went anywhere and been elite)

But we have soooooo much talent and our guys are just underrated and hated on by the rest of the country hahaha. We just haven’t been that good over the last 14 years!
It’s also factual that a good qb vastly improves the prosperity of many of those teams the last 14 years too, we have undoubtedly missed on that position which obviously puts a cap on certain seasons. The skill talent obviously Is good enough to do better than what we have been doing that’s the issue

It’s also factual that a good qb vastly improves the prosperity of many of those teams the last 14 years too, we have undoubtedly missed on that position which obviously puts a cap on certain seasons. The skill talent obviously Is good enough to do better than what we have been doing that’s the issue

I agree that the skill talent has been pretty good. O-line has also been trash. Linder is the only kid worth a **** in the NFL for Miami over the last 15 years on o-line and we have zero QB’s hahaha can’t win anything with that type of talent. You can have every 5 star RB,WR and TE but you aren’t winning anything without an O-line or QB

Well, I have good news for you.

Currently, we have the following skill players on our roster:

#247 composite rankings.

QB
Tathan Martell, #2 Dual Threat QB, C/O 2017
N'Kosi Perry, #7 Dual Threat QB, C/O 2017
Jarren Williams, #5 Pro Style QB, C/O 2018

RB
Lorenzo Lingard, #2 RB, C/O 2018
Cam'Ron Harris, #7 RB, C/O 2018
Asa Martin, #9 RB, C/O 2018
Deejay Dallas, #12 Athlete, C/O 2017

WR
Jeff Thomas, #5 WR, C/O 2017
Jeremiah Payton, #10 WR, C/O 2019
Mark Pope, #11 WR, C/O 2018

TE
Brevin Jordan, #1 TE, C/O 2018
Will Mallory, #8 TE, C/O 2018

We have, as the late Beano Cook would say, "material" on the roster. There's a good chance that, with top notch coaching, a couple of these guys makes it into the first round.

My prediction is Mallory, Lingard, Jordan with Payton as an outside possibility based on potential.

Advertisement
Well, I have good news for you.

Currently, we have the following skill players on our roster:

#247 composite rankings.

QB
Tathan Martell, #2 Dual Threat QB, C/O 2017
N'Kosi Perry, #7 Dual Threat QB, C/O 2017
Jarren Williams, #5 Pro Style QB, C/O 2018

RB
Lorenzo Lingard, #2 RB, C/O 2018
Cam'Ron Harris, #7 RB, C/O 2018
Asa Martin, #9 RB, C/O 2018
Deejay Dallas, #12 Athlete, C/O 2017

WR
Jeff Thomas, #5 WR, C/O 2017
Jeremiah Payton, #10 WR, C/O 2019
Mark Pope, #11 WR, C/O 2018

TE
Brevin Jordan, #1 TE, C/O 2018
Will Mallory, #8 TE, C/O 2018

We have, as the late Beano Cook would say, "material" on the roster. There's a good chance that, with top notch coaching, a couple of these guys makes it into the first round.

My prediction is Mallory, Lingard, Jordan with Payton as an outside possibility based on potential.

This season comes down to if the line will hold up and who will be our QB. We all know there is talent at the skill spots.

The talent at Miami is now the best it has been in 15+ years. There’s no question about that, it’s as other have said, the QB and OL positions that have held the Canes back from improving our win totals on an annual basis which should by proxy improve or continue to improve the overall depth of talent we get via recruiting and now the Portal. I strongly believe Manolo gets and understands this, and will continue to work tirelessly to do the first so the latter will prevail.

The exodus of top talent from South Florida has been a real problem. We can only blame Donna, the admin and boosters because they did nothing for the program. Now we are in the position of having to fight for South Florida talent. Another example Of top talent willing to leave is Terrence Lewis

The exodus of top talent from South Florida has been a real problem. We can only blame Donna, the admin and boosters because they did nothing for the program. Now we are in the position of having to fight for South Florida talent. Another example Of top talent willing to leave is Terrence Lewis

Advertisement
As your analysis indicates, Miami has had enough numbers to meet your criteria in several years in which it didn't win. IO think the differentiating factor is offensive and defensive lines, everybody has skill players but winners dominate both sides of the ball. An amended analysis with a veiw of the trenches would be better.
Think of this as the baseline requirement - Does a team have 2 legit high draft pick, NFL talents at QB/RB/WR?

If they do - they can be in the NC conversation. Doesn't mean they're gonna win it, but they've got a shot. If they don't...then it's very likely not happening, regardless of how good your OL is.

It certainly helps A LOT to be dominant in the trenches. No question. Just not as much as it does at the skill positions.

Alabama is always dominant in the trenches - But they're probably not winning NC's without Ingram+Julio, or Lacy+Cooper, or Henry+Ridley.

Clemson hasn't had an OL drafted since 2014. But that OL looks really good when DeShaun Watson & Trevor Lawrence are playing QB.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back