Why We Beat ND

Don't bail Georgia out like that. They were ready and got their *** kicked. Other than that, I agree with everything else u said!!! We can play with EVERYBODY!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
The more I look at Notre Dame, the more I see no way they can match us, on either side of the ball.
Yes, the have a good left side of the offensive line, but if you look at those two guys they are not road graders. They are more technique guys, and I think Norton/Mcintosh tears up that guard, and Joe Jackson abuses that tackle. Jackson will be the best defensive end that guy sees until he reaches the NFL. Throw in Chad on the other side, and Manny Diaz's Buddy Ryan kill the pocket attitude, and I see a rough time for them.
Their qb can't throw for ****. Everyone knows it. Our major advantage is that our corners can cover quite well. Jackson matches up real well as he is tall, long, fast and has good ball skills, plus he can stick on the run. Malik blankets guys. Their wideouts are tall but they are not particularly quick or blazers.

If our secondary locks down their receivers, then our front 7 can play downhill and destroy the pocket. That qb doesn't do well with heat, and I see us applying a lot of heat to him and that rb in the backfield, because we can go man up on the wr's.

On offense Richards, Thomas and Berrios are too quick and fast for them. Throw in Herndon going seam on a linebacker and Homer swinging out on a linebacker, and there will always be someone getting separation.
Personally, I would run Thomas on deep posts all game long until the season ends just like Travis Benjamin. He will be wide open half the game and the other half will draw a safety deep opening up all the underneath and intermediate routes.

Richards is going to tear them up and Berrios is too quick for any of there db's.

I'm trying to be objective, but I see us playing a one trick pony. You shoot that pony in the head, then what else do they have?

I look at our defense and I see a front 7 of all NFL guys. Jackson is everything the NFL looks for in a modern cornerback. Young is not far behind. Jaquan is playing out of his mind. Redwine is making plays as is Bandy.

As long as Knowles doesn't step on the field we will be fine.

Plus, we have Malik Rosier looking like Russell Wilson.

Miami 48 Notre Dame 10.

Book it.

Love the positivity but you seriously think we blow them out 48-10? I despise ND as much or more than anyone but 48-10? Bro, if we take these punks behind the woodshed like that in prime time on national television I will buy you a bottle of whatever you want my man!

I called 45-3 in the score prediction thread. Do I get a free bottle as well? :eek:)

The more I look at Notre Dame, the more I see no way they can match us, on either side of the ball.
Yes, the have a good left side of the offensive line, but if you look at those two guys they are not road graders. They are more technique guys, and I think Norton/Mcintosh tears up that guard, and Joe Jackson abuses that tackle. Jackson will be the best defensive end that guy sees until he reaches the NFL. Throw in Chad on the other side, and Manny Diaz's Buddy Ryan kill the pocket attitude, and I see a rough time for them.
Their qb can't throw for ****. Everyone knows it. Our major advantage is that our corners can cover quite well. Jackson matches up real well as he is tall, long, fast and has good ball skills, plus he can stick on the run. Malik blankets guys. Their wideouts are tall but they are not particularly quick or blazers.

If our secondary locks down their receivers, then our front 7 can play downhill and destroy the pocket. That qb doesn't do well with heat, and I see us applying a lot of heat to him and that rb in the backfield, because we can go man up on the wr's.

On offense Richards, Thomas and Berrios are too quick and fast for them. Throw in Herndon going seam on a linebacker and Homer swinging out on a linebacker, and there will always be someone getting separation.
Personally, I would run Thomas on deep posts all game long until the season ends just like Travis Benjamin. He will be wide open half the game and the other half will draw a safety deep opening up all the underneath and intermediate routes.

Richards is going to tear them up and Berrios is too quick for any of there db's.

I'm trying to be objective, but I see us playing a one trick pony. You shoot that pony in the head, then what else do they have?

I look at our defense and I see a front 7 of all NFL guys. Jackson is everything the NFL looks for in a modern cornerback. Young is not far behind. Jaquan is playing out of his mind. Redwine is making plays as is Bandy.

Miami 48 Notre Dame 10.

Book it.

Love the positivity but you seriously think we blow them out 48-10? I despise ND as much or more than anyone but 48-10? Bro, if we take these punks behind the woodshed like that in prime time on national television I will buy you a bottle of whatever you want my man!

I called 45-3 in the score prediction thread. Do I get a free bottle as well? :eek:)

i called beating vt and nd in october
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...s-1-7-abc-saturday-night/124938/2#post3089877

I noticed that we didn't even try to score the majority of the 2nd half. In the 4th quarter did you guys notice Rosier's mannerisms?
He would get the play from the sideline and kind of slump, knowing he was just going to be handing it off again.
I get the feeling our guys were wanting to really lay the wood, and Richt was only interested in running time off the clock.
He's a classy guy. I get it, but if It was Jimmy on the sidelines the score differential would have been epic. I'm not saying Jimmy is classless, far from it, but Jimmy from his days at Oklahoma State, loved beating the crap out of the big boys. He used to take it in the teeth before Miami from the Oklahoma's and Nebraska's of college football, so when he had the opportunity he let the dogs off the chain.

I also noticed the Notre Dame coach.
This is the first game I've seen them play with Kelly as their head coach, when I didn't think he was going to die on the sideline from an aneurysm.
Usually that ****** is red faced and screaming at everyone, especially his quarterback.
It seemed like from the first quarter he could see what was obvious; that Miami was a much quicker, faster, hungrier and talented team than his own.

If our team can stop believing the pundits, and just go out there and be disciplined yet violent and hungry, then who's going to beat us?

I noticed that we didn't even try to score the majority of the 2nd half. In the 4th quarter did you guys notice Rosier's mannerisms?
He would get the play from the sideline and kind of slump, knowing he was just going to be handing it off again.
I get the feeling our guys were wanting to really lay the wood, and Richt was only interested in running time off the clock.
He's a classy guy. I get it, but if It was Jimmy on the sidelines the score differential would have been epic. I'm not saying Jimmy is classless, far from it, but Jimmy from his days at Oklahoma State, loved beating the crap out of the big boys. He used to take it in the teeth before Miami from the Oklahoma's and Nebraska's of college football, so when he had the opportunity he let the dogs off the chain.

This is the first game I've seen them play with Kelly as their head coach, when I didn't think he was going to die on the sideline from an aneurysm.
Usually that ****er is red faced and screaming at everyone, especially his quarterback.
It seemed like from the first quarter he could see what was obvious; that Miami was a much quicker, faster, hungrier and talented team than his own.

If our team can stop believing the pundits, and just go out there and be disciplined yet violent and hungry, then who's going to beat us?

Jimmy would have put the backups in and kept calling his offense.

Advertisement

Usually that ****er is red faced and screaming at everyone, especially his quarterback.

IIRC, Miami didnt throw the ball once in the 4th quarter....

Dude, you are the truth!!! I also believe all this...^^^^^ Thank You

Miami 48 Notre Dame 10.

Book it.

All the experts thought our bubble would burst last week. All of them.
Now they are all saying Notre Dame beats us in a close game.

I've heard numerous "experts" say that Notre Dame will beat up our young defensive front 7, but I don't think these so called experts know anything about our team. They just saw the scores of us squeaking by people.

FSU's record says they suck, but at the start of the year everyone said they were either #1 or #2 in the country with the most talented, by NFL standards, team in the country.
We beat FSU, when they were truly geared up to kick our ***, and we were still trying to get out of preseason mode.

I just see our team for what they are. Our defense is all future NFL guys. If an NFL team happens to draft Chad, Joe Jackson, Mcintosh, Norton, all three of our linebackers, Thriller Jackson, Jaquan, and Malik, you would say that team, defensively would be set for the next 5-10 years.
The crazy thing is that we also have quality depth, although losing Demetrius hurts.

This will be the best defense Notre Dame will face all year long. We have 10 defensive starters who will all be NFL players. Can you name another team in college football who can say that?

And we get to play downhill against an offense that can't pass.
Maybe I have been drinking the Kool Aid since my first Canes game back in the late 1970's, but I really don't see this as being a close game.

The only reason this could be a close game is because Rosier doesn't seem to get into games unless we are behind.
That seems to have happened all season, but I think the boys will be ready to rape and pillage.

The average fan knows more than most talking heads, but the canes fans and Miami folk that didn't believe are the ones that astonish me. It's not very Miami to pick against the Hurricanes. Crazy how people in our own fan-base don't get it. Great post and prediction.

Miami 48 Notre Dame 10.

Book it.

Between you and highseas, I'm not sure who has the better ability to predict an *** whupping like that. Me and the boys drove down with the feeling that we had a good shot of winning...and it turned into a party at halftime. Great analysis and prediction with conviction. What a game!!!

Advertisement

Miami 48 Notre Dame 10.

Book it.

I'll take a bottle of Remy XO please.

You got it brother! Great call my friend. You nailed it! After the holidays I will send you a bottle of XO just as I promised. Once again excellent job calling the score that accurately. Cheers!

Oh and one more thing......How do you see us faring against Clemson?

Last edited:

Miami 48 Notre Dame 10.

Book it.

I'll take a bottle of Remy XO please.

You got it brother! Great call my friend. You nailed it! After the holidays I will send you a bottle of XO just as I promised. Once again excellent job calling the score that accurately. Cheers!

Oh and one more thing......How do you see us faring against Clemson?

No worries mate.

Concerning Clemson, I'm more interested in how we fare in our last two games on the road. Road games are tough and we are starting to get dinged up. We need to be really careful that we only look ahead a week at a time. If we played Clemson this week, it would be a really close game. Clemson is good, not great. Everything will depend on which Miami team shows up. If the 1st half sleepwalkers show up we would be in trouble. If the team from the last 2 weeks shows up, it would be a bad time for Clemson or any team we face.
It's pretty obvious right now, that we can beat anybody in the country, but it's also pretty obvious, that if we don't have our heads and hearts right, we can lose to anybody in the country.

I have faith in Richt and Rosier. Mr. Cool and Mr. Clutch will keep us on the right path.

Advertisement
Back