Why We Beat ND

LoyalCane24

Junior
I was looking at some ND boards and usually they were ****y but some seemed nervous.

They said that they are afraid because they saw our players interviewed and our players said we can't lose and its a rivalry and were ready to win.

They said that Brian Kelly treats every game the same no matter if its a rivalry!!!!!

These guys are gonna come to miami ready to play dominant football and win by overpowering the opponent.

We will have gotten speeches by Jimmy, ed reed and others about this rivalry and we will be ******* pumped!!!

Jaquan gave a speech before the vag tech game and apparently got our team fired up.

We will be so pumped and ready to play. With the crowd and heart of our players against a ****y notre dame team thinking its just a regular game.... We will destroy them!!!

Im calling it now

28-17 Miami

ND scores a late touchdown in garbage time to make it look closer.

LETS GO CANES IM PUMPED!!!

Advertisement
we win because of what we showed we can do against the run in the GT game from the second quarter to finish

when we know what's coming we can stop anything, and we know what's coming. UGA shut down the run, and Michigan state held it in check, Miami will do the same

Turnovers and penalties(and special team to an extent) will determine the outcome. Since we get zero love from the officials we better protect the football.

The more I look at Notre Dame, the more I see no way they can match us, on either side of the ball.
Yes, the have a good left side of the offensive line, but if you look at those two guys they are not road graders. They are more technique guys, and I think Norton/Mcintosh tears up that guard, and Joe Jackson abuses that tackle. Jackson will be the best defensive end that guy sees until he reaches the NFL. Throw in Chad on the other side, and Manny Diaz's Buddy Ryan kill the pocket attitude, and I see a rough time for them.
Their qb can't throw for ****. Everyone knows it. Our major advantage is that our corners can cover quite well. Jackson matches up real well as he is tall, long, fast and has good ball skills, plus he can stick on the run. Malik blankets guys. Their wideouts are tall but they are not particularly quick or blazers.

If our secondary locks down their receivers, then our front 7 can play downhill and destroy the pocket. That qb doesn't do well with heat, and I see us applying a lot of heat to him and that rb in the backfield, because we can go man up on the wr's.

On offense Richards, Thomas and Berrios are too quick and fast for them. Throw in Herndon going seam on a linebacker and Homer swinging out on a linebacker, and there will always be someone getting separation.
Personally, I would run Thomas on deep posts all game long until the season ends just like Travis Benjamin. He will be wide open half the game and the other half will draw a safety deep opening up all the underneath and intermediate routes.

Richards is going to tear them up and Berrios is too quick for any of there db's.

I'm trying to be objective, but I see us playing a one trick pony. You shoot that pony in the head, then what else do they have?

I look at our defense and I see a front 7 of all NFL guys. Jackson is everything the NFL looks for in a modern cornerback. Young is not far behind. Jaquan is playing out of his mind. Redwine is making plays as is Bandy.

As long as Knowles doesn't step on the field we will be fine.

Plus, we have Malik Rosier looking like Russell Wilson.

Miami 48 Notre Dame 10.

Book it.

I just don't see a rival coming into hard rock and beating us in the new environment that has been established there. However, their running game will travel well. All depends if we can stop it while playing 1 high and hold up in coverage while doing it.

My opinion is we can. Our front is better than Georgia and they did it

Advertisement
I was looking at some ND boards and usually they were ****y but some seemed nervous.

They said that they are afraid because they saw our players interviewed and our players said we can't lose and its a rivalry and were ready to win.

They said that Brian Kelly treats every game the same no matter if its a rivalry!!!!!

These guys are gonna come to miami ready to play dominant football and win by overpowering the opponent.

We will have gotten speeches by Jimmy, ed reed and others about this rivalry and we will be ****ing pumped!!!

Jaquan gave a speech before the vag tech game and apparently got our team fired up.

We will be so pumped and ready to play. With the crowd and heart of our players against a ****y notre dame team thinking its just a regular game.... We will destroy them!!!

Im calling it now

28-17 Miami

Why did you steal my game score? The thing I see with this team is we have actual leaders, and it's shown in the close games. So many different players make plays in key moments.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

We will have gotten speeches by Jimmy, ed reed and others about this rivalry and we will be ****ing pumped!!!

Im calling it now

28-17 Miami

I have the same score

I think we win. Our home crowd last week was legit and it should be even better this week.

I think their players are going to overlook us a bit and our players are tired of being disrespected by the media.

Don't see a blowout though. This will be a battle

Assignment football....OLBs need to stick to their assignments and not be stupid or hero. Shaq got it

Advertisement
The only person on Notre Dame's side that isn't scared is their qb. How can you blame him tho, he's retarded...

Advertisement
My thing is the our O-line vs their D-line. I know their D-line isn't hyped up to be the greatest but you can say the same thing from last year and they murdered us up front. Now I will say so did VT last year so that give me a bit more confidence that we played really well vs VT plus considering McDermott is at tackle now and Linder ain't here to blow plays up the middle We might have a solid game vs ND which is all I'm asking. Hopefully.

The our D-line vs their O-line is the key man. Our D-line has made it a habit this year to give all QB green alternative jerseys but their O-line will make us REALLY work for it.

My biggest thing is sticking with the 4-2-5. I know there are some McCloud fans but it isn't a coincidence when we decreased McCloud snaps in favor of Bandy, Smith, Carter that suddenly our defense looks like how we envisioned them looking in the beginning of the season. I also realize it would be logically to have bigger bodies in for a physical ND team but I rather put the faster more instinctive DB who ain't scared of tackling while providing speed then the LB who isn't very instinctive and just misses a lot of tackles.

Another thing is making the initial tackle. First guy there gotta make the tackle. This for me is huge. Against VT there were plays where we were there but they slipped the tackle or we just didn't get them to the ground. The first guy with the chance to make the tackle gotta finish the plays more often then not.

Last edited:
My thing is the our O-line vs their D-line. I know their D-line isn't hyped up to be the greatest but you can say the same thing from last year and they murdered us up front. Now I will say so did VT last year so that give me a bit more confidence that we played really well vs VT plus considering McDermott is at tackle now and Linder ain't here to blow plays up the middle We might have a solid game vs ND which is all I'm asking. Hopefully.

The our D-line vs their O-line is the key man. Our D-line has made it a habit this year to give all QB green alternative jerseys but their O-line will make us REALLY work for it.

My biggest thing is sticking with the 4-2-5. I know there are some McCloud fans but it isn't a coincidence when we decreased McCloud snaps in favor of Bandy, Smith, Carter that suddenly our defense looks like how we envisioned them looking in the beginning of the season. I also realize it would be logically to have bigger bodies in for a physical ND team but I rather put the faster more instinctive DB who ain't scared of tackling while providing speed then the LB who isn't very instinctive and just misses a lot of tackles.

Another thing is making the initial tackle. First guy there gotta make the tackle. This for me is huge. Against VT there were plays where we were there but they slipped the tackle or we just didn't get them to the ground. The first guy with the chance to make the tackle gotta finish the plays more often then not.

They murdered us up front? Funny, I remember a slow start on the road from a Miami team that was hurting from three straight losses. The D didn't show up at first, then we had a huge comeback and the final score being 30-27. This with an OL that was awful and a statue at QB.
We also likely win if Jamal Carter falls on the football that literally bounced into his chest. And BTW, that rally against them showed these kids what they are capable of and we haven't lost a game since.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I don't think we can win with McCloud taking a ton of snaps. He's a solid coverage backer but he's been late reading his keys all year. I swear it takes him a full second to start moving after the ball is snapped. I'd rather have the young DBs playing downhill and guessing wrong occasionally than McCloud getting washed out of the play on runs.

The more I look at Notre Dame, the more I see no way they can match us, on either side of the ball.
Yes, the have a good left side of the offensive line, but if you look at those two guys they are not road graders. They are more technique guys, and I think Norton/Mcintosh tears up that guard, and Joe Jackson abuses that tackle. Jackson will be the best defensive end that guy sees until he reaches the NFL. Throw in Chad on the other side, and Manny Diaz's Buddy Ryan kill the pocket attitude, and I see a rough time for them.
Their qb can't throw for ****. Everyone knows it. Our major advantage is that our corners can cover quite well. Jackson matches up real well as he is tall, long, fast and has good ball skills, plus he can stick on the run. Malik blankets guys. Their wideouts are tall but they are not particularly quick or blazers.

If our secondary locks down their receivers, then our front 7 can play downhill and destroy the pocket. That qb doesn't do well with heat, and I see us applying a lot of heat to him and that rb in the backfield, because we can go man up on the wr's.

On offense Richards, Thomas and Berrios are too quick and fast for them. Throw in Herndon going seam on a linebacker and Homer swinging out on a linebacker, and there will always be someone getting separation.
Personally, I would run Thomas on deep posts all game long until the season ends just like Travis Benjamin. He will be wide open half the game and the other half will draw a safety deep opening up all the underneath and intermediate routes.

Richards is going to tear them up and Berrios is too quick for any of there db's.

I'm trying to be objective, but I see us playing a one trick pony. You shoot that pony in the head, then what else do they have?

I look at our defense and I see a front 7 of all NFL guys. Jackson is everything the NFL looks for in a modern cornerback. Young is not far behind. Jaquan is playing out of his mind. Redwine is making plays as is Bandy.

Miami 48 Notre Dame 10.

Book it.

I love your enthusiasm I don’t know if it will be as easy as u make it sound. but I agree with you when it comes to their Oline. Great technique and are very good at executing Their assignment. They aren’t nasty maulers who want to punish everything in their way. I think we hold up fine and beat up their QB.

Miami 48 Notre Dame 10.

Book it.

Love the positivity but you seriously think we blow them out 48-10? I despise ND as much or more than anyone but 48-10? Bro, if we take these punks behind the woodshed like that in prime time on national television I will buy you a bottle of whatever you want my man!

Advertisement
Back