Why was Golden given so much more of pass than Richt?

Green5

Band
Banned
Nobody really complained about Golden in year 1. You can even look through the canesinsight archives and see people were generally positive after him after the 2011 season. The only people complaining that early were black posters like MiamiNites who thought Shannon got a raw deal. I know some people will retroactively claim they realized Golden was a bad coach after the Maryland game but...

The 2012 ND game is the 1st point where I can remember any white people questioning if Golden was the right coach. Especially after that was followed up by losses to UNC and FSU. But once the season ended with 2 straight wins people seemed to be content. Although many wondered why Donofrio was being retained.

The bowl game against Louisville is the 1st point where a substantial number of people turned against him.

Why are people now only giving Richt 7 games?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Golden could talk a great game and since he was right after Radio Randy a lot of people bought into it very easily.

He also had the Shapiro thing going for him.

I jumped ship after VT 2013. There was absolutely no way we should have lost that game.

Golden could talk a great game and since he was right after Radio Randy a lot of people bought into it very easily.

He also had the Shapiro thing going for him.

I jumped ship after VT 2013. There was absolutely no way we should have lost that game.

I guess Richt probably isn't a PR master as Golden was and also doesn't have the Cloud Excuse.

It's bc UM fans on this site believe we have been winning ACC championships and dominating rivalry games with elite head coaches for years and have every right to throw coach Richt under the bus in less than a year on the job bc of it.

Richt has a proven track record.

Foldens resume included an 8-4 season at Temple.

I have an ounce of hope that Richt will get things right when he gets his guys in here, but thus far he has looked incredibly suspect.

Advertisement
Al ruined it for all future coaches. Nobody will ever get the benefit of the doubt again.

This is MIAMI - the program that set the gold standard for college football. To **** with any BS excuses.

Experiments, underachievers and average at best guys should NEVER be head coach of the Canes.

Al ruined it for all future coaches. Nobody will ever get the benefit of the doubt again.

This is MIAMI - the program that set the gold standard for college football. To **** with any BS excuses.

Experiments, underachievers and average at best guys should NEVER be head coach of the Canes.

Turns out it's tough to tell who's who until after you hire them.

Advertisement

For me, this is the correct answer. I'm sick of giving each new coach the benefit of the doubt. I'm too old to wait another 4 or 5 years until the new guys gets everything in place.

People are tired of mediocrity, everything seemed to line up better than the last 5 years but yet we are in the same spot. Tired of letdowns. We have traded our somewhat productive offense to a incapable one and for a good defense

For me, this is the correct answer. I'm sick of giving each new coach the benefit of the doubt. I'm too old to wait another 4 or 5 years until the new guys gets everything in place.

I think 3 years with clear improvement in year 2 is fair, but I think most here believe they can tell after 1 season. If that.

People are tired of mediocrity, everything seemed to line up better than the last 5 years but yet we are in the same spot. Tired of letdowns. We have traded our somewhat productive offense to a incapable one and for a good defense

A refreshing change of pace.

Advertisement
I'm tired of not winning games but some on here act like Richt walked into a Coker situation as far as talent on the team goes. This team is a mess and part of that is on the coaching. However I am willing to give this staff a pass year one only because of how horrendously ran this program has been for the past 15 years.

Get recruits to fit the schemes these coaches want to run and go from there. We better show improvement year two and year three we better be reaching our potential or this hire will be another bust.

People complained then. People are complaining now too.

The MAIN issue many of us have is with the playcalling. That is what Richt is currently doing.

So we're hoping that he makes the change and fixes the MAIN issue.

Losing 3 games in a row is not a good look even if Richt was Saban. Saban would've been called old and washed down here in the same circumstance. If Richt follows this season with a conference championship birth next year than we'll forget about it but based on what we've seen so far, can't be happy with results

Advertisement
Nobody really complained about Golden in year 1. You can even look through the canesinsight archives and see people were generally positive after him after the 2011 season. The only people complaining that early were black posters like MiamiNites who thought Shannon got a raw deal. I know some people will retroactively claim they realized Golden was a bad coach after the Maryland game but...

The 2012 ND game is the 1st point where I can remember any white people questioning if Golden was the right coach. Especially after that was followed up by losses to UNC and FSU. But once the season ended with 2 straight wins people seemed to be content. Although many wondered why Donofrio was being retained.

The bowl game against Louisville is the 1st point where a substantial number of people turned against him.

Why are people now only giving Richt 7 games?

Because CiS was and is infested w retarded mongrels

It has to be anger. We haven't been **** since that night vs gt in 05. They realized we have a real coach now and expected championship results in one year.... Having your green and orange shades is better than being realistic I guess

shouldn't CMR get MORE of a pass than golden? Since golden didn't have to deal with scholarship losses until his 3rd season? CMR has scholarship losses from Golden, plus Golden's **** players. It could take 5 years for CMR to get past golden's **** he created.

We're not a championship caliber team, but we should be beating UNC and Va Tech. Didnt UNC have Scholarship reductions? Were they this bad [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back