Why UM Should Want Absolutely Nothing to do with Schiano

chicanego

Junior
Premium
I can't believe I'm reading this board and we actually have people that would take Greg Schiano over Mark Richt. This isn't an endorsment for Richt. All things considered, he's a bit underwhelming to me too.

But we've got fans discussing Schiano's "toughness," how he's a hard @ss, and how he has the type of mentality that would unleash the savages.

There's just one problem - he's a shltty coach with a shltty track record.

Beyond the mediocre 68-67 record at Rutgers and the downright awful 28-48 Big East Record, here's a little more regarding his tenure:

Schiano finished with a 68-67 record at Rutgers. In his 11 years, his Big East record was 28-48 (37 percent). Even since 2006, when Rutgers seemed to turn the corner with its "miracle team" that finished 11-2 and ranked No. 12, his Big East record was an unimpressive 16-19.

He was known for playing some of the softest schedules in college football.

During his 11 years at Rutgers, not once did any of his teams have a strength of schedule in the top 50. Even with seven Big East games each season, his average SOS was 69.

Of his 40 non-conference wins, 30 came against teams from non-BCS conferences.

Schiano's Rutgers teams feasted on MAC teams (7-1), Army and Navy (13-2) and FCS teams (8-2). None of these non-conference wins came against a team ranked in the top 25.

Against non-conference teams from BCS conferences Schiano went 10-12. Five of these wins came in bowl games in which Rutgers was favored. Once more, none of these wins were against teams ranked in the top 25.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Why Greg Schiano Hiring Is so Surprising | Bleacher Report

Bleacher Report blows, but it accurately depicts a mediocre (at best) coach. Feasting against awful teams and beating no one with a pulse.

People using the narrative that Schiano saved Rutgers and turned it into a great program is similar to using the narrative that Folden saved the Temple program. Stop trying to convince yourself that mediocrity at a smaller program will translate into success here.

Fck this guy. If he hadn't once served as a D-Coordinator here, he wouldn't be at the table. The fact he's being strongly considered scares the shlt out of me and once again demonstrates that its amateur hour at UM.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bump for people looking to email information to James and BOT.

Schiano is trash.

Whether we argue about rich, mullen, or Butch, we can all agree Schiano is hot garbage

What REALLY bothers me about Schiano is that he has been known to be very abusive toward players and everyone who has played for him absolutely hates his guts. How long before the transfers start with this a-hole in charge? What about recruiting? I can see wanting a hardnosed coach, but not some guy that goes totally postal on his players to the point he acts like a madman, and that's exactly what this guy is known to do. No wonder his record is so pathetic.

Amazing these rich pantywaists on this board are even considering hiring this creature.

Last edited:
UM would rather have a military-minded, no-nonsense guy in charge who keeps players off the police blotter and make sure they go to class. Oh and if he happens to win 7 or 8 games a year, that's just a bonus. All signs point to Schiano.

And all signs point to me never donating a dime again to the program if that happens.

Advertisement
You would think having poster boy Ray Rice as your best player would be working against you. What is Blake thinking?

And now he wants to "unite" the U family by bringing Cristobal....ughh????? Wich planet is he at? Write James against it.

Advertisement
Back