Why recruiting rankings are stupid part 1.........

Check the last 10 BCS champs, and then check their recruiting rankings the previous 3-4 years....
Thanks for playing.
Yup. Not going to complain about how stars don't matter but teams with a high percentage of 4-5 stars win games, and the usual 3 star becomes a play maker.

Advertisement
Whats our best player star ranking? Uhhhhhh the Duke

Lets get rid of him and send him to Fsu or UiF because stars dont matter. Fkin guys amaze me thinking its 1999 n ****. Thrres to much exposure there aint no way Reed or Lewis would go unoticed so stop.

Wrong. Tracy Howard and he got outplayed by Deon Bush who was ranked lower and some would say he was outplayed by Rayshawn Jenkins who was a low 3 star.

Player Development is more important than Star-Rankings

Bush was ranked lower but he was still a consensus top 100 national player.

Which kinda lends to my point. There's about 200 players in the country, who probably separate themselves from the pack at all of these camps. The difference between #17 and number #117 is nowhere near the difference that it seems and the difference between 15 and 70 is even smaller. There are guys like Nkemdiche, Julio Jones, Clowney, Barkley, and Adrian Peterson who separate themselves from the 200, but everybody else is a really talented football player that needs to be developed once they get to college.

Which kinda lends to my point. There's about 200 players in the country, who probably separate themselves from the pack at all of these camps. The difference between #17 and number #117 is nowhere near the difference that it seems and the difference between 15 and 70 is even smaller. There are guys like Nkemdiche, Julio Jones, Clowney, Barkley, and Adrian Peterson who separate themselves from the 200, but everybody else is a really talented football player that needs to be developed once they get to college.
No doubt, but those other 200 players are still 4 stars, and the point is that in order to be an elite team you need a roster made up with a majority of those players year in year out. Bush may have been ranked lower, but he still falls in that same category as Duke, Howard, Bush, McCord, Kirby, and Lewis.

Advertisement

No doubt, but those other 200 players are still 4 stars, and the point is that in order to be an elite team you need a roster made up with a majority of those players year in year out. Bush may have been ranked lower, but he still falls in that same category as Duke, Howard, Bush, McCord, Kirby, and Lewis.

WORD APP

Lets get rid of him and send him to Fsu or UiF because stars dont matter. Fkin guys amaze me thinking its 1999 n ****. Thrres to much exposure there aint no way Reed or Lewis would go unoticed so stop.

Wrong. Tracy Howard and he got outplayed by Deon Bush who was ranked lower and some would say he was outplayed by Rayshawn Jenkins who was a low 3 star.

What? Player Development? GTFOOH. Duke was better than Tracy before either showed up at UM. If Rivals overrated Tracy, that's their issue, not a player development issue.

What? Player Development? GTFOOH. Duke was better than Tracy before either showed up at UM. If Rivals overrated Tracy, that's their issue, not a player development issue.

The Player Development comment had nothing to do with Tracy and Duke and I never said ANYTHING about Duke. I simply was correcting the dude. Tracy was the highest ranked player in our class last year. Calm down. You are STILL proving the point that these ranking sites don't know what they are doing smdh

Last edited:

The Player Development comment had nothing to do with Tracy and Duke and I never said ANYTHING about Duke. I simply was correcting the dude. Tracy was the highest ranked player in our class last year. Calm down. You are STILL proving the point that these ranking sites don't know what they are doing smdh

That's not even true though. Tracy was the No. 1 ranked CB on Rivals, but ranked lower on some other services. Duke was the No. 1 all purpose back and Mr. Football in FLA and the best recruit in Florida and everyone who actually covers Florida football knew that.

Advertisement
Lets say two teams each sign 15 players.

Each class has 1 five star player, 10 four star players and 3 three star players.

Each class has 14 players broken down as follows........ 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 OL, 3 DL, 2 LB, 1 S, 1 CB all graded euqually.

The only difference is that the 1st class has a 5 star QB (Andrew Luck, Matt Stafford, etc.) and the other class has 5 star punter as the 15th player.

Classes are ranked the same according to almost every service.....right?

I would argue the class with the QB is astronomically more likely to win than the other.

If we would have landed Thomas and Collins and ended up ranked in the top 10, nobody would be complaining about the recruiting rankings.

That's not even true though. Tracy was the No. 1 ranked CB on Rivals, but ranked lower on some other services. Duke was the No. 1 all purpose back and Mr. Football in FLA and the best recruit in Florida and everyone who actually covers Florida football knew that.

Actually, Duke was ranked the #6 athlete on ESPN, #3 All-Purpose on 247, and #1 on Rivals, but why you are still arguing the merits of Duke I'll never know. My argument from the door, was that Bush was ranked like 50 spots lower than Tracy, if not more, on almost every sight and they both were DB's.

Tracy was #2 on 247 and #1 on both Rivals and ESPN. Tracy was ranked higher by virtually every reputable recruiting service, but Deon outperformed him. Sites were wrong brah.

What? Are you saying lowly rated or overlooked kids don't become superstars?

Advertisement
Back