Why no TO to set the defense on 4 &17 ?

atlantadan

5* Recruit
I put this one on Manny. It was going to be the play of the game, so needed to see what NC offense was going to do...We then make adjustments.

Let's hope they all learn how to win...

Advertisement
Advertisement
North Carolina did call a TO before the 4th down play.

The bigger problem is calling the slowest developing delayed blitz in college football history - which gave a true freshman QB enough time to throw with reduced defenders. We absolutely made it easy for UNC with that playcall.

I put this one on Manny. It was going to be the play of the game, so needed to see what NC offense was going to do...We then make adjustments.

Let's hope they all learn how to win...

Totally totally freakin agree!!! It's like they weren't even ready. They had a half-hearted pass rush and allowed Howell to make an is easy throw. Secondary back on their heels. You call a **** timeout and set your D and say "one play and the game is over!" And attack the **** QB. That freakin simple. No sharks on the team and that's a problem. Talk is cheap.

Advertisement
Yeah now we just making stuff up to bash our coaches and players welcome to CIS 2019.

I’m disappointed to but let’s not make stuff up.

The call was terrible. In that spot I want 6-7 guys on the line of scrimmage showing blitz making the QB already speed up in his head before the ball is snapped.

But instead ran this delayed blitz that never even came close. Granted we had two guys in the area. They looked more interested in shifting blame than making a play.

Manny and Danny both have a bigger learning curve than we hoped for. As mentioned, Football 101 man.

Advertisement

The bigger problem is calling the slowest developing delayed blitz in college football history - which gave a true freshman QB enough time to throw with reduced defenders. We absolutely made it easy for UNC with that playcall.
Gurvan Hall from 25 yards out still hasn't gotten to the LOS.

Terrible play call. Instantly one of the worst play calls in human history.

Advertisement

This. You don’t run a safety blitz on 4th and 17.

Yeah now we just making stuff up to bash our coaches and players welcome to CIS 2019.

I’m disappointed to but let’s not make stuff up.

The call was terrible. In that spot I want 6-7 guys on the line of scrimmage showing blitz making the QB already speed up in his head before the ball is snapped.

But instead ran this delayed blitz that never even came close. Granted we had two guys in the area. They looked more interested in shifting blame than making a play.

Simple stuff like this, you can still run a delayed blitz but the QB is having to really work presnap. Wow

NC called a TO, but Miami should’ve called another one to adjust if necessary, but more importantly to preach the importance of the play. Another TO should’ve been called, 100%. And Manny needed to be in the defensive huddle with Baker.

Advertisement
Back