Why LSU could be a win/win

SinCityCane

Recruit
Win & it'll build confidence, provide good national exposure, & have us on the right track from the start. Lose & it'll probably accelerate the inevitable with us using the next 4 games to figure out which of the young QBs is ready to step up. Considering the probability that a more skilled QB like Jarren (or Kosi) with some games under his belt would give us a better chance to score points against an elite defense like Clemson's, the nature of our schedule with the tougher coastal games loaded on the back end, & the fact that every game played would give the young QB valuable experience, this could mean a better shot at the playoffs this year when it's all said & done.

There's definitely a middle ground, which could ultimately be the worst outcome for the team: we get by LSU despite mediocre play behind center, which could lead to the same mediocre QB play until it costs us an important game late in the season, the ACC ship, or both. What a waste that would be.

Of course, an LSU win could involve significantly improved play from Malik, in which case we'd all simply be hoping he stays at that level. I just see this as a less likely (if ideal) scenario.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Guys, if you think I'm implying that we won't win the game or that dominating LSU won't be the best outcome, you didn't understand my post.

Last edited:
I feel that we are in for another rocky season from Rosier with great games with just as many head scratchers

I think he is who he is and looks like he was the best we had which is telling

I don't see how losing a big time nationally televised game at this point could be seen as a win. We are trying to establish that we are finally a force to be reckoned with. Using the loss to paint a rosy picture that we can get a young QB in the action doesn't float for me. That's what next year's camps are for.

We need to make strides on the field for recruiting, respect, pride, and momentum. Losing to a team that is likely to be mediocre to start the year, in the spotlight, is a no go no matter how I look at it.

what if we lose in a shooting match,say 31-28? Do we take time to identify new defenders for next year?

Advertisement
There is no up side to a loss. IMO, Would prove what most everyone has to be thinking to themselves......we hired a "as shucks", low energy did for HC. :)

Advertisement
If we lose, it reinforces our three losses at the end of the year. If we win it puts us back in the race with the other major programs and that we can play with the SEC teams. CMR will always have the moniker of never winning the big games if we keep losing them. I already have butterflies and its only wed. GO CANES! I_I

Guys, if you think I'm implying that we won't win the game or that dominating LSU won't be the best outcome, you didn't understand my post.
Na I read it but I'm not interested in moral victories or a kick in the pants to propel the season if three straight to end the year wasn't enough we ****ed hombre.

Advertisement
I get what the OP is trying to say, but they may be putting to much emphasis on the opening game.
It's rare that you get to see a team come up on opening day and look like a well oiled machine. It's entirely possible that despite what we've heard Rosier comes out and play they way he was last year or we see marked improvement.
We also have to take into account despite recent issues LSU is still considered a quality opponent and we win with a small margin of victory
I'd love to paste 40 on these guys, but will be happy to get out with a W

Advertisement
Back