Why is the run game so slow to develop?

KrazyCane

SAVAGE
Banned
Any one notice that... every time we hand the ball off, there is this delay before Homer gets going. Could that also part of the reason the run game is having issues?

The running backs aren't attacking... Im not sure if every run is being "disguised" as an RPO or is it something else. But I've noticed during the handoff between Rosier and Homer, its slow forming, gives the defense time to see where the run is going.

Advertisement
You answered your own question. It's called the RPO, and it's in vogue everywhere.

So does that mean that every time we run it could possibly be a pass as well? Bc if that's the case Coach Richt needs to do a better job coaching the RPO.

I'm speaking mainly during obvious running situations, do we call run plays or do we not have actual run plays in our offense??

My guess would be the lack of any holes to run thru. The o- line does a decent job in pass blocking but poor in run blocking, this maybe the result of tight splits on the line. With wider o-line splits the running lanes would open up but would make pass blocking more difficult.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back