McDermott
St. Louis
Brown
Gauthier
Knighton
Wells

what have we done?

Lol....

I ain't down on them, but you gotta admit, how they do this year is a big unknown. Miami lost a lot of talent from last years O-line. Glad they got two what should be easy games before Nebraska.

Darling - played a ton last season
Gall - has given opposing DTs a **** of a nightmare for da last two years
Linder - played a ton last season
Isidora - has played plenty
Odoggu - has been here forever and beat out McDermott

reserves:

McDermott
St. Louis
Brown
Gauthier
Knighton
Wells

what have we done?

Darling = played a ton at RT, questionable flexibility and overall athleticism to handle speed rushers off the edge
Gall = done nothing
Linder = played well last year
Isidora = will be the anchor of the line
Odogwu = has been nothing short of terrible

Advertisement

reserves:

McDermott
St. Louis
Brown
Gauthier
Knighton
Wells

what have we done?

Darling = played a ton at RT, questionable flexibility and overall athleticism to handle speed rushers off the edge
Gall = done nothing
Linder = played well last year
Isidora = will be the anchor of the line
Odogwu = has been nothing short of terrible

Darling has a shot to be very good....but I'm not sure he is ready to be the franchise LT we need.

The rest of the bunch would need to complete overachieve to be decent.

The second team OL is flat out terrible.

We had the luxury of a FRANCHISE LT last year.

You will see what its like to not have one this year.

The LT stuff is overblown. Doesn't need to be a future first rounder, just servicable. Jury's out so we'll see. But the thought of Odogwu coming in and just snatching up the RT job with little formal training.... that will be the barometer for the entire offense. Either he's blasting dudes immediately, or the right side rush pressure will give BK the cold sweats. I don't think there will be any middle ground. Risky, to say the least.

Advertisement
The LT stuff is overblown. Doesn't need to be a future first rounder, just servicable. Jury's out so we'll see. But the thought of Odogwu coming in and just snatching up the RT job with little formal training.... that will be the barometer for the entire offense. Either he's blasting dudes immediately, or the right side rush pressure will give BK the cold sweats. I don't think there will be any middle ground. Risky, to say the least.

"Just serviceable"?

The point is that Golden complains about a lack of talent but can't win with studs.....his new line is that we will be better with average players that are "unselfish". Gimmie a break.

I make no proclamations about them being better, so cool your jets, sparky. I just want them to be decent enough to prevent Kaaya from getting killed every other snap.

Darling is going to be a very good LT imo. He played LT in high school, and even some snaps last year against Famu.

The chances of him blasting dudes is slim to none and slim just left town.

I know D$ and others have raved about how much he's improved but I'm guessing that's an improvement from a 0 to a 3 (out of 10). He was horrendously ineffective last year. I have my serious doubts that he can pass block speed guys. One can hope/.

Advertisement
Dogflu has arms longer than my body. He can't be as bad as we saw last season, otherwise he wouldn't have won the job over McDermott and St. Louis, Jones, Milo, Wells, Mahoney

Miami’s starting offensive line has a combined 22 career starts, the sixth-fewest in the nation according to Phil Steele....

That probably doesn't worry the acolytes on this board....

Last edited:
Advertisement

reserves:

McDermott
St. Louis
Brown
Gauthier
Knighton
Wells

what have we done?

No experience on the starting 5 and backups. Lack of OL experience pretty much guarantees mistakes and inconsistent offense.

Even if all 5 are future 1st rounders, there are gonna be growing pains. Also, its not like these guys face an aggressive defense in practice, the way an Alabama, FSU, or OSU does. They are gonna see things they have never really experienced, in terms of twists/stunts, Blitzes and whatnot.

15-5-27-ol-project-chart.jpg

This list was from grantland before fall camp. Louisville gained some starts from a transfer. FSU only has 5 returning starts with new center. UF lost a projected starter to career ending injury, Miami is losing a couple if McDermott is not in the lineup, but you get the picture.

Difference with FSU is coaching and recruiting. They might be able to pull it off.

Clearly superior to Miami.

Expect to hear this sequence a lot this year.

"Holding, number 66 on the offense. Ten yard penalty, repeat third down."
"Holding, number 66 on the offense. That penalty is declined, fourth down."

Or,

"We have multiple fouls. Holding, number 66 on the offense. Personal foul, unnecessary roughness on the defense, blow to the quarterback's head. These penalties offset, repeat third down."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back