Why Indiana for Reneau

Advertisement
Seems like there was only 1 spot for either Reneau or Omier, and we prioritized Omier, so Reneau went elsewhere. Whether that's a good decision or not, who knows, but that's my read on it.

Advertisement
Seems like he followed his former teammate to IU and we are definitely prioritizing Omier.

Why not stay here & play for Top tier ACC program on a pristine campus
There were a few reasons Malik decided to go with the Hoosiers. Mike Woodson and staff have done a good job of prioritizing Malik. Were very close to getting a commitment from him initially before he decided on the gaytors. Once Mike White left gaynsville and Malik re-opened up his recruiting, Indiana's top incoming recruit also happened to be Malik's HS teammate (Jalen Hood-Schifino). He got in Malik's ear about playing together. But I think the biggest factor may have been the belief that a spot for him in the rotation will open up IF Trayce Jackson-Davis leaves for the NBA. Jackson-Davis declared for the draft but has left open the option of returning if he doesn't get a favorable grade from NBA teams. He's rolling the dice and betting on himself, but time will tell if it was the right move for him. Best of luck to the young man. GO CANES!!

There were a few reasons Malik decided to go with the Hoosiers. Mike Woodson and staff have done a good job of prioritizing Malik. Were very close to getting a commitment from him initially before he decided on the gaytors. Once Mike White left gaynsville and Malik re-opened up his recruiting, Indiana's top incoming recruit also happened to be Malik's HS teammate (Jalen Hood-Schifino). He got in Malik's ear about playing together. But I think the biggest factor may have been the belief that a spot for him in the rotation will open up IF Trayce Jackson-Davis leaves for the NBA. Jackson-Davis declared for the draft but has left open the option of returning if he doesn't get a favorable grade from NBA teams. He's rolling the dice and betting on himself, but time will tell if it was the right move for him. Best of luck to the young man. GO CANES!!
It never felt like Malik was that excited about the idea of staying home and playing for Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back