Why I think we beat ND

Skitz305

Redshirt Freshman
Looking at the numbers alone, Virginia Tech is statistically the best Defense we have faced all year (Team Defense), additionally, there are four other teams we have faced that have a higher team defense than ND (SYR, Duke, FSU, Toledo). Both ND and UM are ranked in the top 10 in Turnover Margin, ND tied for 5th while we're 4th. We are ranked at number 5 in Team Sacks for the year averaging 3.50 Sacks/GM while ND is nowhere to be found on the list. Where ND has the clear advantage is in Total offense where they are ranked 13th and we're ranked 25th (probably a product of all the good defenses we have faced all year), although we have faced a better statistical offense in Toledo. We are also ranked 7th in interceptions for the year and ND is 42nd. So, putting it all together I think we win because of ND inability to rush the passer and our ability to hit the QB and cause turnovers, the numbers speak for themselves in these categories and shows at least statistically we are the superior team and have faced better defenses than ND. Plus once you start to factor in that we have home field advantage and seem to be peaking at the right time.[TWEET]927016106258239488[/TWEET]

Advertisement
Got to love Redwine, got that swag and plays pretty **** good as well. He has been developed well and anda smart position change. Rumph and Banda have been instrumental in the development and getting results.

Advertisement
We win because we're the Cane's. If our stadium is rocking like last night and the play calling continue to progress I feel really confident our D front 7 can contain there running QB.

Advertisement
This will be on the defense again!! ND has a legit Heisman candidate at RB. Wimbush or Winbush can break long runs. Manny and the crew need to bring it again

If we sell out to stop the run and succeed I like our chances. Gonna take a lot of smart reads and accurate throws to beat our secondary

We will have to stop the run and spy Winbush...make him throw to beat us.....we’ve had trouble with running QBs in the past.Cant let his legs beat us.Hit him often and hard.

Me thinks this is Ahmmon's coming out party for 2018. Predict dude is gonna light up ND for 180+

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back