Why I love this staff

FrancisSawyer

All American
Premium
Let me give an example of why I love this staff so much. Just recently @bradtejeda told us to keep a close eye on the recruitment of Hicks, Wilson and M'Pemba. Naturally, I would assume that the staff is making significant progress in the recruitment of those three young men. Not a total shock when you consider what they have been able to accomplish thus far but still it's incredible news for us.

Also just recently Nicholas Harbor was asked out of the dozens upon dozens of schools recruiting him, which program was recruiting him the hardest. Harbor didn't hesitate and immediately answered that Miami is recruiting him the hardest. That my friends speaks volumes about who is running this program. Mario and staff aren't just cyborgs on the trail. No. This organization that Mario and Radokavich have put together, the coaching staff, the recruiting department, the analysts, the support staff, the seasoned professionals like Highsmith and others who were brought in from the NFL and everyone else I neglected to mention are simply on another level.

I honestly don't believe that most fans out there truly realize the scope and depth of what is being built here. This isnt the minor leagues anymore. This is the big leagues my brothers. You think that all of these big time recruits are excited about Miami all of a sudden because of Mario's charming personality? Well yes Mario is a big part of it no doubt but I'm referring to the overall operation that is in place here now and what their clearly defined plans for the future are. These players have seen Ohio St, Alabama, Georgia, Clemson etc.... They have seen all those championship programs up close and behind the scenes yet they are still choosing us and that is because they can clearly see with their own eyes that this isn't the Miami of the last two decades. They see what Mario, Dan and Alonzo have put in place and their ambitious yet clearly defined vision for the future and they like what they see.

This isn't just about the atmosphere and the weather. It's not just about the new facilities that are in the works. It isn't even necessarily about the fact that this coaching staff is the definition of elite. It's all of those things put together and many more things that I forgot to mention but yet there is even more. For the first time in program history, this program, the administration, the university, the BOT and every other facet of the entire organization is not only on the same page but 100% committed to making this program the very best in the nation. For the first time ever this program wil be fully supported by the university and will be given the financial backing necessary to be absolutely state of the art and first class.

This is what these recruits can see and feel the moment they arrive. Everything is done in a manner that is indicative of a premier and first class organization and that shows. Now when you take this foundation and have a coach like Mario Cristobal who is as genuine in his love for the program as he is a tireless worker and you let him infuse the program with his values, commitment and unbridled passion for UM then you have the makings of something truly special. You take the natural beauty of Coral Gables and the excitement of the Miami area and pair that with an elite educational institution and add everything I have mentioned above and if we're lucky then we might have the makings of something truly legendary.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but I’ve been a fan since I was 10 years old in 1967 and I’ve never seen anything like what’s currently happening. Even during our championship runs, there was a lot of turmoil and disconnect. Today, from the top down, all seem to be in lockstep towards a common goal - being a premier CFB program.

Hoping this doesn't become bump fodder a few years down the road.

bobby praying GIF

Advertisement
It’s also worth noting that Mario is a demanding boss. And lots of our staff has worked for sabag. Who is demanding in all aspects. Especially recruiting. Gattis and Steele have both worked for sabag. Strong has worked For urban. Who is his own special breed of lunatic. Addae has worked for Kirby who is also a rabid recruiter. And field and mirabal all know how Mario operated cause they’ve worked for him before. Ponce is young and hungry by all accounts

Advertisement
Aren’t all the great coaches maniacs? On Roy Firestone’s recent interviews with Jimmy Johnson he talked about not seeing a single high school game that either son of his sons played, and just how demanding he was on himself as a coach (which of course extends to the staff). I think this just what the profession demands IF a person wants to win a championship. There are likely lots of good coaches who have found some work/life balance but I doubt there are many if any championship coaches who have achieved that balance.

We have one of those maniacal coaches who will stop at nothing to win a championship. Enjoy it Canes fans because there just aren’t a lot of people willing to make the sacrifices that Mario is.

Advertisement
LOL! The legendary Chubbs Peterson(RIP)

On a serious note, as a another poster stated, the administration is in full attention mode with this program. Even going back to the Jimmy Johnson days, Miami was dominating but there were still dissension among the ranks if you will. Everyone knows what has to be done and most importantly they are doing what has to be done to get this program back where it belongs, on top.

Its been said before by many that when Miami is rolling, CFB is better, despite what that ninny Joel Klatt says.

Miami was gifted 5 National Titles while the administration tried to dial back and eventually coast on the logo. Richt proved we could have everything a major program had with the Notre Dame day on campus and in the stadium. Then the IPF. Without the Richt hire, we likely continue with the Al Goldens of the world. With the Sean Eichorsts of the world. With the FAU budget and Alabama expectations.

Let me give an example of why I love this staff so much. Just recently @bradtejeda told us to keep a close eye on the recruitment of Hicks, Wilson and M'Pemba. Naturally, I would assume that the staff is making significant progress in the recruitment of those three young men. Not a total shock when you consider what they have been able to accomplish thus far but still it's incredible news for us.

Also just recently Nicholas Harbor was asked out of the dozens upon dozens of schools recruiting him, which program was recruiting him the hardest. Harbor didn't hesitate and immediately answered that Miami is recruiting him the hardest. That my friends speaks volumes about who is running this program. Mario and staff aren't just cyborgs on the trail. No. This organization that Mario and Radokavich have put together, the coaching staff, the recruiting department, the analysts, the support staff, the seasoned professionals like Highsmith and others who were brought in from the NFL and everyone else I neglected to mention are simply on another level.

I honestly don't believe that most fans out there truly realize the scope and depth of what is being built here. This isnt the minor leagues anymore. This is the big leagues my brothers. You think that all of these big time recruits are excited about Miami all of a sudden because of Mario's charming personality? Well yes Mario is a big part of it no doubt but I'm referring to the overall operation that is in place here now and what their clearly defined plans for the future are. These players have seen Ohio St, Alabama, Georgia, Clemson etc.... They have seen all those championship programs up close and behind the scenes yet they are still choosing us and that is because they can clearly see with their own eyes that this isn't the Miami of the last two decades. They see what Mario, Dan and Alonzo have put in place and their ambitious yet clearly defined vision for the future and they like what they see.

This isn't just about the atmosphere and the weather. It's not just about the new facilities that are in the works. It isn't even necessarily about the fact that this coaching staff is the definition of elite. It's all of those things put together and many more things that I forgot to mention but yet there is even more. For the first time in program history, this program, the administration, the university, the BOT and every other facet of the entire organization is not only on the same page but 100% committed to making this program the very best in the nation. For the first time ever this program wil be fully supported by the university and will be given the financial backing necessary to be absolutely state of the art and first class.

This is what these recruits can see and feel the moment they arrive. Everything is done in a manner that is indicative of a premier and first class organization and that shows. Now when you take this foundation and have a coach like Mario Cristobal who is as genuine in his love for the program as he is a tireless worker and you let him infuse the program with his values, commitment and unbridled passion for UM then you have the makings of something truly special. You take the natural beauty of Coral Gables and the excitement of the Miami area and pair that with an elite educational institution and add everything I have mentioned above and if we're lucky then we might have the makings of something truly legendary.
Great post, Francis, I mean Psycho.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back