Why I hope fsu gets screwed!

Advertisement
In 2000 our Hurricanes were 11-1 with our only loss to a ranked Washington team the second game of the year 34 to our 29 at Washington. fsu's one loss was to us in the middle of the season. I think it was early in the BCS choosing who qualified for the NC. They took fsu over the U to face Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl. fsu crapped the bed against Oklahoma and could not score they scored 2 points and lost 13 to 2. We would've crushed Oklahoma and had another NC.
I remember it well .Bobby bowden politicking with his aw shucks attitude saying that one year fsu beat miami and miami still got inwhile failing to mention that fsu lost 2 games that year .I'm as ****ed off as bad about being ripped off in 2020 asin 2022 we should of won 3 championships in. a row with that talent

The don't deserve to get in without Travis. That's a 7-5 team without him at QB. It's so obvious to anyone with eyes and a brain.

Advertisement
National writers know the deal. Zach B, a hoops pundit, is saying they don't deserve to get in, and I love to see it.

Article also forgets to mention that UM also nearly beat FSU at Doak with a healthy Travis.

But it does mention that Norvell was able to beat Louisville by switching to the Wildcat. What a smart and interesting way to generate offense when the QB isnt helping. And FSU doesnt have a particularly good offensive line. Imagine if another team whose identity was a strong offensive line and good defense tried the wildcat when the QB was struggling. Why, they might have stolen a couple of extra wins in the season and changed the entire narrative.

Key And Peele Reaction GIF

Article also forgets to mention that UM also nearly beat FSU at Doak with a healthy Travis.

But it does mention that Norvell was able to beat Louisville by switching to the Wildcat. What a smart and interesting way to generate offense when the QB isnt helping. And FSU doesnt have a particularly good offensive line. Imagine if another team whose identity was a strong offensive line and good defense tried the wildcat when the QB was struggling. Why, they might have stolen a couple of extra wins in the season and changed the entire narrative.

Key And Peele Reaction GIF

I believe the prevailing theory was JB was promised a redshirt, or that he wasn't as good as Emory or TVD, or some other stupid reason.

Pretty sure his legs worked, but that's the past...

Let's pray for a miracle today...

All the chatter about them being left out is exactly why we need to leave the ACC lol

Advertisement
In 2000 our Hurricanes were 11-1 with our only loss to a ranked Washington team the second game of the year 34 to our 29 at Washington. fsu's one loss was to us in the middle of the season. I think it was early in the BCS choosing who qualified for the NC. They took fsu over the U to face Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl. fsu crapped the bed against Oklahoma and could not score they scored 2 points and lost 13 to 2. We would've crushed Oklahoma and had another NC.

.... had Florida State just beat Oklahoma it's a split title as Miami was #2 in one poll. but #3 in the BCS—so the Noles cost the Canes a title in two different ways in 2000.

Until they change the rules, they have to put FSU in. Undefeated. Conference champion. Quality wins. Teams like Cincinnati have been in the playoffs, and were exposed quickly. It will most likely happen again with FSU without Travis. Expanding the playoff will help sort this out better next year, but I'd think they're stuck with putting FSU in the playoff.

Objectively speaking, you can’t leave FSU out. They went undefeated and won a conference title in a P5 conference. They are one of three undefeated teams. If you leave them out you are delegitimizing keeping score. Same with choosing Bama over Texas. You can’t do it. Texas won when they played. I mean if it’s just about “the four best teams” why not just turn the scoreboard off and play until one team “looks” better than the other and go home. Why not just look at roster makeup, coaching staff, and QB and choose that way? I can’t stand having non competitive playoff games, but years ago Washington and MSU, and soon to be FSU this year, earned the right to get destroyed by the #1 seed.

Michigan
Washington
Texas
FSU

Argue with someone else. If that isn’t your top four, you are the problem.

Stop making sense. That’s not what this is about

Advertisement
obviously I would have rather Louisville not **** the bed last night but here we are...

I think FSU should be in, it would be ******* miserable to hear them claim a title for years for being left out and going on undefeated

let them in and let Michigan dog walk them in the first round and get it over with

also the thought of leaving out an undefeated power 5 ACC champ is a ******* joke

If the ONLY reason to not put FSU in is because of the Travis injury, did the school **** up by confirming everything publicly? Obviously we all saw the bone break, but if they lied and said there’s a chance he’s back before the 1st playoff game, would FSU suddenly then be more deserving of the spot?

Once they’re in the playoffs they could say “after further testing, Travis is done for the year”

Advertisement
FSU should be left out

Actually, it wont happen, but one can make the argument that Michigan is the least deserving to be in the playoff. Michigans 2 big wins are Penn St and Ohio St and im sory, but when you are a 23pt favorite in your Conference CG it doesnt mean you are really good but means your opponent and Conference are garbage. The Big Ten (changes next year) screwed up in how they made their divisions. Michigan, Ohio St and Penn St should all not be in the same Division

That said, Bama went undefeated in the SEC (despite what people in here say) and just beat #1. They should be in over an FSU team who biggest wins are LSU (Bama beat them too), Clemson and Louisville and yes, the Travis injury matters for playof purposes.

What also needs to happen is just a perspective that just becasue you beat a ranked team who had 2 losses that its perceived as a big win

I give Norvell credit for winning but the goal is the 4 best teams, its just not an equal comparison when certain teams play better competition

F$U is a heavy favorite to make the Playoff, whereupon they will be smacked around like TCU last year in the title.

IMG_3284.jpeg
IMG_3285.jpeg

When has that not been the case?
You can’t say this when there’s never been a year where realistically 4 teams have a real debate for 2 spots. Every other year the conference championship weekend takes care of the problem

Wow, if it is just undefeated and fsu is in, that is their easiest path then if they get matched up in another Bowl against a one loss team.

Can't believe how badly Louisville played, everything was in their favor but boy did they suck. Plummer 14 of 36 for a 3.1 yard average? Pathetic!

Advertisement
Back