Why I hope fsu gets screwed!

Advertisement
Oh boy, watch out.
You’re going to get a lot of hate from the FSU fan boys on this site that respect FSU so much and love when they are undefeated, because it make college football so great.

No idea, how these FSU ****riders call themselves Miami fans.

I think I’m going to be sick after watching that game.

One thing is for sure. If FSU does get left out, I’ll be camped out in the tears thread til the end of next week.

southpark-cartman.gif

Objectively speaking, you can’t leave FSU out. They went undefeated and won a conference title in a P5 conference. They are one of three undefeated teams. If you leave them out you are delegitimizing keeping score. Same with choosing Bama over Texas. You can’t do it. Texas won when they played. I mean if it’s just about “the four best teams” why not just turn the scoreboard off and play until one team “looks” better than the other and go home. Why not just look at roster makeup, coaching staff, and QB and choose that way? I can’t stand having non competitive playoff games, but years ago Washington and MSU, and soon to be FSU this year, earned the right to get destroyed by the #1 seed.

Michigan
Washington
Texas
FSU

Argue with someone else. If that isn’t your top four, you are the problem.

Advertisement
In 2000 our Hurricanes were 11-1 with our only loss to a ranked Washington team the second game of the year 34 to our 29 at Washington. fsu's one loss was to us in the middle of the season. I think it was early in the BCS choosing who qualified for the NC. They took fsu over the U to face Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl. fsu crapped the bed against Oklahoma and could not score they scored 2 points and lost 13 to 2. We would've crushed Oklahoma and had another NC.
They didn’t score 2 points. OU gave it to them

Objectively speaking, you can’t leave FSU out. They went undefeated and won a conference title in a P5 conference. They are one of three undefeated teams. If you leave them out you are delegitimizing keeping score. Same with choosing Bama over Texas. You can’t do it. Texas won when they played. I mean if it’s just about “the four best teams” why not just turn the scoreboard off and play until one team “looks” better than the other and go home. Why not just look at roster makeup, coaching staff, and QB and choose that way? I can’t stand having non competitive playoff games, but years ago Washington and MSU, and soon to be FSU this year, earned the right to get destroyed by the #1 seed.

Michigan
Washington
Texas
FSU

Argue with someone else. If that isn’t your top four, you are the problem.
Yes, that will be the top four but FSU isn’t one of the top 4 teams. Both can be true

Thats the main and only reason, but to hear the commentators already coming up with ways or reasons why other teams can and should get in. Over and undefeated conference champion is almost sickening. Why? You can hear the bias and agenda all in their talk. I means weeks ago on college game day. They already had a scenario where an undefeated SEMIHOLES team was the odd team out.
I agree. Same thing could happen in a 12 team scenario, but not likely.

In the 12 team playoff, I'd like to see the 4 conference champions get automatic bids.

Just looking at the SEC and B1G expansions, they likely get 4 teams each into the 12 team playoff next year. I think the ACC can get 2 teams, the Big 12 1 team, and 1 for an independent/G5 school.

Advertisement
Yes, that will be the top four but FSU isn’t one of the top 4 teams. Both can be true
I never said it couldn’t. I said if it’s about the “four best” there’s no reason to keep score and to go by all the variables I mentioned. If that’s the case, just choose the 10 best oddsmakers in the country and have them decide based on power rankings. I mean just last year TCU got in and they were outside the top 10 in power rankings.

Truth is it’s never been about the “four best.” It’s the most deserving with one or two years the four seed being the best out of the couple in contention for that spot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The fact is, Bama beats FSU in every metric not named overall record. It's not even close. But FSU has that one metric, and it'll probably be enough. It shouldn't be, but that's just they way it is. Nobody but the Noles think they have any shot in the CFP. It's gonna be a 20+ point drubbing unless Rodemaker turns into a completely different QB (something he hasn't done in three years of coaching). Either way, Bama's gonna be left out. Yes, they played the tougher schedule. Yes, they have better wins. Yes, they are the better team head-to-head. Yes, their only loss is to another CFP team. Ultimately, though, they have one loss and FSU has none. Doesn't matter that the teams FSU played were like 67-75 overall. They still pulled out the wins.

If fsu gets screwed out of the playoffs and wins a meaningless bowl game they’ll claim a national championship as a 14-0 conference champ.

If they make the playoffs they be butt fcked by Michigan

I just don’t see it. Leaving out an undefeated power 5 team. Also this year’s playoff teams are weak, so not sure how outclassed they’ll be. Especially if their second string comes back. Committee selection will be interesting
I had the exactly this opinion until a few hours ago after Fsu's game ended. Good god, that offense looks so bad it makes it really hard for the committee to actually put that team in the final 4 now after witnessing that disaster.

Makes me especially sad about the missed opportunity this season. If TVD doesn't morph into an interception machine, we would have breezed through the acc, even without a stacked roster.

But also leaving FSU out of the playoffs would be great, and would be an exclamation point on why a 12 team playoff is necessary. Fact is they aren't one of the best 4. Don't think they are even top 6. If FSU played Oregon now, I think Oregon would be a heavy favorite.

Advertisement
Back