Why hate Blake James

Let's be honest, dude was a ticket salesman from an offbrand school in the East Coast; of course he's a weak AD! He knows nothing about sports. Maybe he should be an Assistant AD as far as fund raising, but as far as sports decisions, come on...he's incompetent at best. I don't blame him; I blame those who hired him. I blame the university for continually taking the cheap route, and going after unqualified guys. They are still living in the 80's and early 90's, where buying cheap was acceptable. College football wasn't as big. Now, college football rivals the NFL in popularity. Boosters are paying big money, and admins are doing everything in their power to make sure their programs remain at the top. We need to step into the 21st century ASAP.

Advertisement
Donna is a clintonite. Their MO has always been to fill every position available with their own hand picked cronies. Blake James was her hand picked tool.

He has no desire to have our football team compete for national championships. Its just not in his job description.

We'll see how it plays out but I fully expect the new presidente' to be equally as indifferent. I have to wonder how many more years UM can continue to be considered a football school.

..and you're a political hack posing as a moderator.

I know! I know Blake is an idiot, but if fair memory serves me correct I don't get the sarcasm.

Donna is a clintonite. Their MO has always been to fill every position available with their own hand picked cronies. Blake James was her hand picked tool.

He has no desire to have our football team compete for national championships. Its just not in his job description.

We'll see how it plays out but I fully expect the new presidente' to be equally as indifferent. I have to wonder how many more years UM can continue to be considered a football school.

This guy has to be "Cane in Heel country."

No, don't even know who that is. However, a "moderator" shouldn't be injecting stupid political commentary into a football discussion board. In fact, it's exactly the kind of nonsense that his title would indicate that he should be stopping, not contributing to.

Advertisement

No, don't even know who that is. However, a "moderator" shouldn't be injecting stupid political commentary into a football discussion board. In fact, it's exactly the kind of nonsense that his title would indicate that he should be stopping, not contributing to.

You sound like the type of dude who would drive from block to block and call the police on anyone that is watching TV or listening to music too loud past 5 p.m.

You sound like the type of dude who would drive from block to block and call the police on anyone that is watching TV or listening to music too loud past 5 p.m.

No, just the kind who hates hypocrisy and dishonesty.

No, just the kind who hates hypocrisy and dishonesty.

So, you're saying you don't like shalala and blake james then?

Advertisement

There is no political commentary in my post. Donna is a Clintonite. Do you not know that? She worked for Bill before taking the UM gig and is now working for Hillary in her first gig after leaving UM. Do you doubt that the Clinton political model is to put their own people in positions all around them? If so, you know nothing about the Bill Clinton presidency or Donna's reign of terror over UM.

Bottom line, dk72, you down vote every post where someone is critical of any UM employee. You try (and fail) to defend this staff, your gal donna, and anything UM Athletic department related, no matter what the facts are. It's not me who should be questioned for being here, its you. Why are you here? You are the single most miserable poster on this site. Yet day in and day out, you keep coming back. Why? Do you derive ANY enjoyment from being on this website?

I don't agree with all of the Blake James hate. He's in an impossible spot with Donna leaving and Al's contract. There is no doubt in my mind that he fires Al after another disappointing season. Hopefully Charlie Strong has a disastrous season in Austin.

I would normally hold this opinion. I can see where he was put into a tough situation, but he chooses to play a role that is counter to UM athletics being a winning brand. He does nothing to move UM towards being a national title contender.

Moreover, in my opinion, the way he handled things after the late season collapse last season contributed to anger and angst of the fan base. He came off publicly smug and disconnected from reality. Then when things got really bad among the fan base, he sent people around to various UM fan websites to attempt to sway the message (right from the Clinton playbook - big wet kiss @ dk72). All that did was cause even more anger among the fan base. As a moderator, it made things unbearable. Given all that (and more that I don't feel like typing), I fall in the category that cares not for blake james.

There is no political commentary in my post. Donna is a Clintonite. Do you not know that? She worked for Bill before taking the UM gig and is now working for Hillary in her first gig after leaving UM. Do you doubt that the Clinton political model is to put their own people in positions all around them? If so, you know nothing about the Bill Clinton presidency or Donna's reign of terror over UM.

Bottom line, dk72, you down vote every post where someone is critical of any UM employee. You try (and fail) to defend this staff, your gal donna, and anything UM Athletic department related, no matter what the facts are. It's not me who should be questioned for being here, its you. Why are you here? You are the single most miserable poster on this site. Yet day in and day out, you keep coming back. Why? Do you derive ANY enjoyment from being on this website?

Datz real....dk72, Donna & Hillary can GTFO!!

Well as long as they're "trying to win every game" I don't see a problem with a 6-7 record. I mean they tried, it's not like they wanted to lose 7 games.

Jesus, what a joke.

Advertisement
The BOT and administration no longer consider winning at an elite level at UM a priority thus we have had the run of ADs and coaches that we have. Until they make winning championships in football a priority, our football program will remain the team with the best base for success in college football from a talent stand point while yet losing to far less talented teams. #FIRETHEBOT

No, you most certainly are a political hack, and have made stupid, non-football related political comments on numerous occasions. Why are you a moderator on a football site when you seem to be more interested in putting forth your ridiculous political commentary?

Where do people get the idea that Blake James has the authority to do anything? [/QUOTE]

I post that every chance I get but don't often explicate. I really know not why folks keep thinking Flake is anything close to being an AD; weak or strong.

Basically, UM "Vanderbilted" the AD position, decided that UM Admin would run Athletics, but would hire a singular person to be only its mouthpiece for doing the PR, and finally allowed that mouthpiece the title AD IN NAME ONLY!

It's so well known that Blake the Flake was never supposed to make any decision on his own. Real ADs have made decisions, and negotiate deals, so name one significant deal/decision that originated from Blake the Flake: Oh oh he hired Jim Larrañaga..

Actually, neither UM Admin nor Blake had search plans since both entities are not actual ADs nor run the operations of an AD. Subsequently, Jim self-hired himself by just faxing his Wiki page, and UM admin not having these AD operations nor expertise just accepted the old man, who miraculously did not flame out while having a rebirth being in the comfort zone of his old Cuban compatriots, kin, and old neighbors.

Would UF Jeremy Foley not negotiate a stadium deal while remaining invisible as his Prez Bernie Machen deals with some Booster club or the celebrity investor??!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
No, you most certainly are a political hack, and have made stupid, non-football related political comments on numerous occasions. Why are you a moderator on a football site when you seem to be more interested in putting forth your ridiculous political commentary?

Oh look, another salty post. lol

Sorry, old man. Donna is a political creature, first and foremost. Calling her out for her political motives IS a function of UM football. Read my posts without your own political bent and you *might* be able to see it.

Now feel free to continue to be everyone's favorite punchline on this board. As a moderator, I support and protect your ability to do so. THAT is why Im a moderator on this site. :love_heart:

PS: Don't forget to down vote this post. We'll ALL be disappointed if you don't.

The BOT and administration no longer consider winning at an elite level at UM a priority thus we have had the run of ADs and coaches that we have. Until they make winning championships in football a priority, our football program will remain the team with the best base for success in college football from a talent stand point while yet losing to far less talented teams. #FIRETHEBOT

Yup. Moreover, folks need to make a distinction between the words and actions of the BOdT, AD and university President(s) in this regard. Its easy for them to say their goal is to compete for national championships but their actions are what matters. I'll use my own life as an example:

My stated goal is to have a 3-some with Shakira and J-Lo. The fact that I'm going out for dinner and drinks with an over-weight hair dresser from Fresno tomorrow night should not concern my fans one bit. I continue to strive towards my ultimate goal.

Oh look, another salty post. lol

Sorry, old man. Donna is a political creature, first and foremost. Calling her out for her political motives IS a function of UM football. Read my posts without your own political bent and you *might* be able to see it.

Now feel free to continue to be everyone's favorite punchline on this board. As a moderator, I support and protect your ability to do so. THAT is why Im a moderator on this site. :love_heart:

PS: Don't forget to down vote this post. We'll ALL be disappointed if you don't.

Hiring Blake was neither Shalala politics nor Clinton politics. NOPE !

This was UM Admin careless attitude toward Athletics. It was further not wanting to hire an AD to sift through its-then corrupted affairs AND UM Admin wanted to make its own UM decisions rather than relegate to any one singular person.

Yup. Moreover, folks need to make a distinction between the words and actions of the BOdT, AD and university President(s) in this regard. Its easy for them to say their goal is to compete for national championships but their actions are what matters. I'll use my own life as an example:

My stated goal is to have a 3-some with Shakira and J-Lo. The fact that I'm going out for dinner and drinks with an over-weight hair dresser from Fresno tomorrow night should not concern my fans one bit. I continue to strive towards my ultimate goal.

You can't have it both ways homie.

It is either Clinton politics or UM Admin *********ing on a goal.

Advertisement
Back