Why has Kaaya improved so much?

Canes21

Junior
Banned
The guy was great as a freshman, but he's looking elite level this year. He's reading defenses, making all the presnap adjustments, and just looking like the best QB in the conference and one of the best nationally. Why has he gotten so much better?

Advertisement
Almost all True Frosh QB's come in early and get a ton of extra reps --- he didn't and he still played pretty well
- the extra practice in spring and fall makes a ton of difference

The guy was great as a freshman, but he's looking elite level this year. He's reading defenses, making all the presnap adjustments, and just looking like the best QB in the conference and one of the best nationally. Why has he gotten so much better?

Well it can't be player development because 99% of this board says it's impossible for this staff to develop anyone so your guess is as good as mine.

Well it can't be player development because 99% of this board says it's impossible for this staff to develop anyone so your guess is as good as mine.

The kid walked in last year and shined. Staff had crap to do with that. This kid is self motivated, smart as crap, and running the show more than Coley or Al. He played shotgun in high school so probably more comfortable in it. He learned taking snaps under center on his own during and after his senior season.

Lol, exactly what I figured would happen. It can't be any coaching, it's all him. Only this board.

Advertisement

The kid walked in last year and shined. Staff had crap to do with that. This kid is self motivated, smart as crap, and running the show more than Coley or Al. He played shotgun in high school so probably more comfortable in it. He learned taking snaps under center on his own during and after his senior season.

Yup the staff had nothing to do with his evaluation and recruitment and his performance on the field. He did all on his own.

When good players play well. They do it on their own at Miami. When they don't perform its on the coaching staff for not developing them.

Lol, exactly what I figured would happen. It can't be any coaching, it's all him. Only this board.

There's been plenty of crappy coaches who've had great players. Special players will be special, those types can't be screwed up

But according to half of this board Al screws everyone's progression up, even Duke's, Clive's, Doresett's, etc. etc. They would've been better had we had a different coach says all the negative posters here.

Yup the staff had nothing to do with his evaluation and recruitment and his performance on the field. He did all on his own.

When good players play well. They do it on their own at Miami. When they don't perform its on the coaching staff for not developing them.

So what's the point? What if they do develop them? They lose 7 games. So it still comes back to the coaches suck? True?

Advertisement
I'm amazed by this argument , especially with these guys results .

Quite comical

If you want to talk about the past, yes, the coaches didn't deserve a 5th year. If you want to talk about now, we're 3-0, should handle UC easily and have a great chance at beating FSU and having that boost the season even more. We also have the potential to have the same ole same ole happen and if that is the case, Golden is gone. I'm not one to root for coaches, I root for Miami. I'd rather Golden improve somehow and we finish the year out 10+ wins instead of calling myself a fan when I root for the other team every week. We have guys here that root for more negativity around the program than FSU fans do for us. It's a joke you call yourselves fans.

I'll bet you didn't intentionally use a logical fallacy here.

Please do everyone a favor and kindly shut your ******* cawlk holster.

Thank you.

Advertisement
23 points in 8 minutes..
Kaaya is gonna be great no matter who his coach is.
But keep talking the coaches up!
I will be here if they win the conference and Al leaves to another school like he wanted to 2 years ago.
Will you be here when he ***** all over himself like he has the past 4 yrs?
Or go to the sluper protection program with new screen name and all?

kudos to coach Coley who snagged him up before any major program spotted him and seems to be developing him pretty well.

Slurper? Lol, dude, I was calling for his firing last year and this past offseason. He's still here. Instead of rooting for the team to be bad, I'm rooting for them to win. I'd rather be proven wrong that Golden can be a coach and we do make an ACC Championship game than be proven right and watch us stumble to an 8-5 record with another bowl loss.

I'm not like you all that call yourself fans, but really you just want to talk bad about the program and would rather be right all of the time over seeing us actually be successful now. Get over yourselves, really, it's just sad. We're stuck with Golden. He's sucked the last 4 years, he didn't deserve to be here this year, but my God, if he somehow finds a way to win this conference, I'm going to be happy. I'm not saying he will, history says he'll fall apart in a couple of weeks, but if he somehow grew as a coach, wouldn't you guys be alright with that, or is your pride really that important to you?

Last edited:
Advertisement
There are things this coaching staff does right, a lot of things wrong, but getting a kid developed for the next level isnt one of the wrong things

I'll give Coley the credit for finding the kid. But true freshman doesn't early enroll and still walks on as the starter and wins conference honors that is so much more than any coaching. Next thing thing is you want to credit them for Duke Smith.

If he throws a td its despite poor corching Kayaa doing it all himself. Only imagaine how good he would be with a real coaching staff.
If he throws pick. Terrible play calling and scheme, its a shame a great player like Kayaa is being wasted by this staph.

But according to half of this board Al screws everyone's progression up, even Duke's, Clive's, Doresett's, etc. etc. They would've been better had we had a different coach says all the negative posters here.

OK you're right. Al's an amazing coach and deserves tons of credit for developing these guys so well and then going 6-7.

Advertisement
Back