Why don't we know about suspensions?

D_G87

Sophomore
If players are going to be suspended for a game or multiple, wouldn't we have an answer by this week? I know Willis suspension is public, but if others were going to be suspended I figured it would be out by now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
I'm in favor of Richt not releasing that information until a day before the FAMU game.
The media has a hard on for Miami disciplinary actions and it will be all they want to talk about if it were made public now.

If everything is being handled internally & we have nothing to worry about with the NCAA, then ***** it, we don't need to make a big deal out of these suspensions.
I hope Richt doesn't say a word on it until 9/2 & I hope it's nothing more than a 1-2 game suspension at most for all those guys.

Advertisement
If players are going to be suspended for a game or multiple, wouldn't we have an answer by this week? I know Willis suspension is public, but if others were going to be suspended I figured it would be out by now.

Teams oftentimes don't release this info until right before the game.

That way the opponent won't know what players they're actually playing against and who they have to scheme against.

In the words of Yoda - Patience you must have my young poster...

There is a Richt way and a wrong way!

Advertisement
Attorneys are involved. There's a lot on the line for everyone involved, including the university. Liable can be an expensive endeavor.

Advertisement
Hopefully you'll find out as late as possible. It would be retarded to publicize this and give the media something to pound us with for two weeks while nothing else is going on. Let it break on gameday when everyone's distracted and no one will mention it.

I can assure you of one thing--if they took impermissible benefits or even if there's still a question if they took impermissible benefits they won't play.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back