Why does this staff continue to over recruit the LBer position like we run a 4-4 base defensr

KrazyCane

SAVAGE
Banned
We currently have 10 Lbers on this roster including Patrick Joyner and Ryan Ragone. McCloud is the only senior Lber on the roster and unless Diaz tells him thanks but no thanks he can come back another year (plz God no 🙏🏽)

We currently have 4 LBers committed including Chase Smith (“Striker“ but he’s a Lber) and Thomas Davis who is most likely going to end up playing Lber as well.

Chase Smith
Tyler Johnson
Deshawn Troutman
Thomas Davis

.... and we are still recruiting Lbers like Jaydon Hood and who knows maybe even Terrence Lewis. That would be 16 LBers on this roster even minus Hood and Lewis that’s 14.

But we dont take Wilson and Francois from the transfer portal, Christian Williams leaves and now we only have 3 cbs in the rotation and only 5 on the roster??

Last edited:
Advertisement
Patrick Joyner is at DE...dont think he ever played a down at LB.

Transfers happen and we had 2 lbs that we count on in Jennings,Steed (with injury issues). We definately need all the LBS we have recruited. Terrence Lewis isnt being recruited...Thomas Davis is a tweener like Joyner so who knows where he goes.

Do you not remember why Ryan Ragu Ragone was logging snaps at LB last season?.

Two reasons -- 1. Baker and Patke suck so we have a very failure rate on our LB evaluations, and 2. injuries.

Is Lewis really that messed up? Is he Willie Williams, Eddie Johnson level, or just a Gabe Terry bonehead? I get why the coaches don't want a 3rd rail.

Advertisement
Everyone is low key giving up. I see KrazyCane fell off the hope wagon. I feel u bruh....I'm just waiting for the games to be played man. I don't feel well about this year based on game one and last season. Let's see what happens man but I know my boy KC has checked out already lol

Advertisement
**** the page was acting weird I didn’t even realize that happened @RVACane can this be corrected?... merge thread?
409731E1-65B6-467A-8447-ABADBE2D67CF.gif

Ok, I figured it out. You have to check both threads on the thread list and then you will have an option to merge under moderator actions.

What thread does this need to merge with?

Advertisement
Ok, I figured it out. You have to check both threads on the thread list and then you will have an option to merge under moderator actions.

this one with the same exact title...

Patrick Joyner is at DE...dont think he ever played a down at LB.

Transfers happen and we had 2 lbs that we count on in Jennings,Steed (with injury issues). We definately need all the LBS we have recruited. Terrence Lewis isnt being recruited...Thomas Davis is a tweener like Joyner so who knows where he goes.

Do you not remember why Ryan Ragu Ragone was logging snaps at LB last season?.

Joyner had a couple snaps at LBer before he got injured last season. I doubt he stays a DE his entire career whether that’s at Miami or not.

Looking at Thomas Davis’s measurables I have no doubt he’s playing LBer here and he could be the best LBer currently committed based on the praise he’s getting already this season.

Ryan Ragone played bc apparently it’s too much of a learning curve for Sam Brooks or any other player better than Ragone to play more than one position in this defensive scheme.

We cant croot CB's so we fill up at LB?

And cant we stop hating on Ragone? I dont like seeing him out there cause his upside is limited but dude has been more solid than some of these 4 star ballers you guys hype up.

Advertisement

Thanks. I see how now.

A) we needed more talent at LB have you not seen the play there..?

B) the staff prefers big bodies and likes LB-Striker tweeners. Ideally I’m sure they would like a Jalen Ramsey type player at striker but we can barely field 2 CBs as it is

We cant croot CB's so we fill up at LB?

And cant we stop hating on Ragone? I dont like seeing him out there cause his upside is limited but dude has been more solid than some of these 4 star ballers you guys hype up.
THANK YOU

Advertisement
Back