Why do you think Alex Collins will qualify to get in here?

Professor Plum

Band
Banned
I'm just curious.

Dude couldnt play high school football his 10th grade year because of G.P.A and was barely able to play his junior year. In the history of Miami recruiting I've never heard of a guy with this background make it into the University of Miami.

Let's go over a few South Florida guys recently who couldnt play their sophomore year and couldnt get in to Miami (there are many more by the way)

Kevin Grooms- u know the story
Brandon Snell- Norland WR(Bridgewater cousin,lived down street from Duke)
Kent Turene-

all these guys couldnt play football their 10th grade year due to GPA, all these guys couldnt get into college.

Now I ask why do you think Alex Collins will make it in even if he chooses Miami?

Last edited:
Advertisement
The only one of those guys who was actually committed to UM was Grooms and he was a guy Golden grabbed up when he got hired. We've been after Collins since 2011, and other schools like UF and FSU are dying for the kid too. That leads me to believe that his grades are okay, or else we'd already have another RB committed and he would be talking about schools like Marshall.

The only one of those guys who was actually committed to UM was Grooms and he was a guy Golden grabbed up when he got hired. We've been after Collins since 2011, and other schools like UF and FSU are dying for the kid too. That leads me to believe that his grades are okay, or else we'd already have another RB committed and he would be talking about schools like Marshall.

Some guys you just go after even if your not sure about them qualifying.. We've been through this a million times before, Doesnt matter the Grooms was the only guy commited to UM. Those other guys were bgreat prospects the last few years that couldnt get into college with the same situation as Collins. There are plenty of guys who we never thought had admissions problems and wind up not getting in. Im telling you now Collins is one of them. History never lies

Collins seems to be an intelligent kid in his interviews. Not saying the others you mentioned weren't smart, but......

Advertisement
Back