why do we rotate our db's so much

QSTOKES

Sophomore
Just rewatched the Ga Tech game and noticed how much pt #28 got. was in on a crucial 3rd and 12 play and got called for P.I. Bush was on the sidelines smh.. I hate seeing Bush leave the field just so someone else can get "reps". He's our best safety.

Advertisement
lol exactly...fentress hadn't made a play on the ball all year. I dont recall any forced fumbles or picks from that guy. i'm so glad he's gone

Advertisement
I like where your head's at, OP. I've never been a fan of rotations outside of the defensive line. Communication suffers majorly when defensive backs, specifically safeties, are substituted. A stiff, hesitant defensive back is a major big play liability. Stacked linebackers need to get into a rhythm. Once you put a new one in, it'll take him some time to adjust his vision to the speed of the other team. Communication will lack there too. You better hope your backup mike is prepared to make checks on the fly.

I get rotating because of fatigue but we do it on every play especially in the secondary been questioning it from day one

Because we have a ****** DC and HC!

Just rewatched the Ga Tech game and noticed how much pt #28 got. was in on a crucial 3rd and 12 play and got called for P.I. Bush was on the sidelines smh.. I hate seeing Bush leave the field just so someone else can get "reps". He's our best safety.

Advertisement
-Are you kidding me Joe? You really think high major college football players can handle playing 2 possessions in a row mentally and physically in a night game?

-Alfred-

Because Al Golden and donor rio and Paul Williams.

Burns and Howard should stay on the outside, with Corn Elder as the Nickel. But they'd rather sit our two best cbs every other drive.

I like where your head's at, OP. I've never been a fan of rotations outside of the defensive line. Communication suffers majorly when defensive backs, specifically safeties, are substituted. A stiff, hesitant defensive back is a major big play liability. Stacked linebackers need to get into a rhythm. Once you put a new one in, it'll take him some time to adjust his vision to the speed of the other team. Communication will lack there too. You better hope your backup mike is prepared to make checks on the fly.
[MENTION=9070]WestEndzone[/MENTION]: CORRECTION; a stiff, hesistant, 5'8 180 lb safety who was a walk-on is a major big play liability.

Dude, when you can figure out our rotations, let me know. It isn't just at one position, it's all of them.

Advertisement

i voted this down by accident. sorry, i meant to vote it up

Advertisement
that GT game was hilarious. so were the photos that got posted on this forum. I miss the days when even we weren't that good we would still punch you in the mouth.

one of the Donofrio Grohlden misconceived theories was that 28 was some sort of a good matchup for GT, the guy rarely played in other games, they also limited Hertolou against GT, they went "small and quick" and got run off the field, clownshow

Advertisement
Back