Why do we continue to do this to ourselves....

Super Mario Cane.

Bring Mario home and let’s build a dynasty.
EVERY freaking year ?? Lmao. Seriously guys we get upset at players, coaches and final product, but the BoT, administration and AD (to some extent) control the destiny of Miami Football.

Fact 1. We have NEVER had an administration that has been ALL in for football. Let’s face it Miami blew up because a cool *** white coach wasn’t afraid to go into Liberty City and recruit black players from the hood. America had never seen anything like it. The talent was obvious and it came in waves. Championships were won but the administration almost looked at it as a burden. They had coaches on a tight leash, worried about public image and dragged their feet on coaching contracts.

Fact 2. Butch’s amazing eye for talent AND his staff’s development skills is what gave us number 5 and 6*. He was a below average game day coach but the man stocked the cupboards more than my auntie after receiving her food stamps. Again the administration got lucky in seeing “hey we really don’t have to commit a whole lot to be good in football”

Fact 3. Every coach hired since Butch was a clearance rack special or had no business coaching anymore. Again this falls on the administration. Do they REALLY wanna win? Like SEC teams do? Short answer ....it be nice if it happens but nah.

Fact 4. College Football has changed rapidly and will continue to do so. Miami has been left behind. Elite SFla high school talent is either being bought by bagmen or simply choosing to join a winning program. “ make the crib great” sounds cute but these guys were in diapers and some not even born last time they same Miami elite.

Fact 5. Blake is nothing but a yes man who was hired to sell tickets. He’s not a real AD. Check his background. He was yet another lazy hire by shalalalalala who keeps his job because he is compliant. Nothing more or less. They hired Manny in 5 min eliminating other great choices out there - Dan Mullen included and the clock resets, the scenario reacted. Rinse repeat. I’m tired of watching this movie.

Go Canes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wrote this for another thread but it actually makes more sense here:

Truth of the matter is UM administration is filled with nothing but absolute turds across the board, and it's only been getting worse even without the Clinton puppet. Academic rankings have been slipping every year. Uhealth system is absolute garbage which you know if you've ever been to one of those clinics, and I directly know many who work in that system who go out of their way to not use it for primary care or just ever which tells you everything. And ofc, sports is in the ******* across the board.

It's quite frankly a rotten, disgusting, cronyist organization filled with bureaucrats milking the brand and resources for everything it is worth. There's no quick fix. The only thing that will work to slowly root out the cancer over time will be to turn up the heat wherever possible, and deprive them of revenue and donations.

I'd personally be down to donate to a banner every game calling out various people in the admin, starting with Blake and then working up. Let them feel some actual heat. This **** show can't be tolerated.

This may be the quickest the fan base has turned on a coach. Yesterday Manny was on the big screens at the stadium and everyone around me booed the shxt out of him

I keep coming back to this one thing. I believe UM knows we are being screwed by the ACC at every turn, but says nothing because they are getting filthy rich off it. Why hire a real coach when that real coach will get the same **** results, because the ACC won't let Miami BE Miami? Call me a conspiracy theorist, and that's fine, but something just isn't right with all the bad calls we get week after week. No one ever does anything about it. Why not? There is something really wrong with it all. It is not just coaching, or players.

Advertisement
This may be the quickest the fan base has turned on a coach. Yesterday Manny was on the big screens at the stadium and everyone around me booed the shxt out of him
Is this really any surprise ? Miami fans have been given chicken**** instead of chickensalad over many many years .
Patience is GONE ! there is no more !

People love *****ing about the AD, but there nothing - ZERO - that fans can do to influence change at that level.
Flying banners, empty stadiums, pressuring the local media...all of those things can help make changes to coaches. We’ve seen it happen.
But what’s the point in constantly harping on the AD when there’s nothing we can do about it?

Advertisement
giphy.gif

People love *****ing about the AD, but there nothing - ZERO - that fans can do to influence change at that level.
Flying banners, empty stadiums, pressuring the local media...all of those things can help make changes to coaches. We’ve seen it happen.
But what’s the point in constantly harping on the AD when there’s nothing we can do about it?
That's right, let's do nothing.

Advertisement
It starts with the pre-season stupid level hyping that we do. This board is like Christmas Eve in August, and the dentist's waiting room in September.

Some people are just bad at managing their emotions.

Hire a PI everybody has dirt - just watch TV

Advertisement
Back