WHY do Delusional Georgia fans believe that they are elite

BuddyRyans46

Thunderdome
.when they have a grand total of 1 national championship in the "poll era (post 1936) , which occurred 36 years ago??? BYU and Georgia Tech have just as many national championships, and theirs are MORE RECENT than UGA's!!! NO way UGA belongs ANYWHERE near the same class as a Bama, or a Michigan or an OSU or a Texas or a Florida or a USC, etc. Just LULZ at Georgia fans who feel that they are a true college football blue blood.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Because Mark Richt made them relevant for the past 15 years. Back in the gutter they go.

Let's see... located in the south, Low enrollment requirements, great place to find 100k rednecks on Saturday....yeah they are elite.

There's enormous talent in Georgia and Tech doesn't get any of them. Why exactly has Georgia had such little success?

There's enormous talent in Georgia and Tech doesn't get any of them. Why exactly has Georgia had such little success?

Because Georgia, traditionally, didn't get a ton of that talent to stay home.

Most of those kids see very little difference between UGA and any other SEC and/or SEC-like programs. Add to that, most of the talent is located in and around Atlanta, which has a HUGE transplant population, and many of those kids have no allegiance to UGA.

Advertisement

Most of those kids see very little difference between UGA and any other SEC and/or SEC-like programs. Add to that, most of the talent is located in and around Atlanta, which has a HUGE transplant population, and many of those kids have no allegiance to UGA.

when i lived in atl....UGA is the lone talked about team EVERYWHERE....its some myth that the transplant community dont care....That whole area is infested with SEC SEC SEC" TYPES and that push that down their throats from youth ball with UGA being the main emphasis. Auburn had a footing because of proximity i guess. Now Bama has a little lee way/....but UGA runs that state by far. Which is why i was iffy on Richt

You and I had complete opposite experiences.

I coached youth football and none of our kids cared about UGA. When I was at the youth parks, I never saw much UGA gear. Auburn, Tennessee, Clemson, Florida State, Florida, and Miami all got a bunch of pub and support. Even South Carolina got pub.

Now, if you're talking about the general population in Georgia, then I agree. But I'm talking about the kids who had talent and were good enough to play at the college level. Many of those kids, in my experience, had no allegiance to UGA.

when i lived in atl....UGA is the lone talked about team EVERYWHERE....its some myth that the transplant community dont care....That whole area is infested with SEC SEC SEC" TYPES and that push that down their throats from youth ball with UGA being the main emphasis. Auburn had a footing because of proximity i guess. Now Bama has a little lee way/....but UGA runs that state by far. Which is why i was iffy on Richt

UGA has a lot to be upset about.
- More NFL players per person/high school student than Florida, Texas or California. (yes American Somoa has more per person, but only 3 players)
- 3rd most NFL players over all
- More SEC players than any other state
- Georgia is tied Texas for second on number of players on Alabama's roster. (11). Florida has 4 on Alabama's roster.
- Georgia is 1st for number of players on Clemson roster (17), including Deshaun Watson. Florida is second with 14.

So basically the two teams that played for the National Championship last year had 28 players from the state or GA on it.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad we have Richt and perhaps he is better suited for Miami and the type of players we get, but there was reason to be frustrated if you are a UGA fan.

I agree with u 100% but if mark seals the sfla gates and gets who he wants bama fsu lsu uga talent level will dip and we will rape them. This first class he has right now is top 10 he needs the blue chips though like leatherwood juedy and a few others if not he need solid plan b's.

Advertisement
- More NFL players per person/high school student than Florida, Texas or California. (yes American Somoa has more per person, but only 3 players)
- Georgia is tied Texas for second on number of players on Alabama's roster. (11). Florida has 4 on Alabama's roster.
- Georgia is 1st for number of players on Clemson roster (17), including Deshaun Watson. Florida is second with 14.

So basically the two teams that played for the National Championship last year had 28 players from the state or GA on it.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad we have Richt and perhaps he is better suited for Miami and the type of players we get, but there was reason to be frustrated if you are a UGA fan.

Yup they have legit reason to be mad just like we were at golden it is what it is.

Let's see... located in the south, Low enrollment requirements, great place to find 100k rednecks on Saturday....yeah they are elite.

I will say this the girls in Athens are insanely hot . I have been to 6 SEC stadiums and UGA had to the best looking girls. But UGA is not elite . They are top 20 program but nothing more.

I don't think any of those stats tell the whole story and some are outright dumb ( like the 1st stat) Richt won more games at UGA then almost anyone in college during his time and he had a top 5 team a few times by the end of the year entering bowl season . He did an amazing job , UGA started to strugggle when the dumbass people who run that program took play calling away from Richt. They were a top 10 basically always from around 01 or so to around 2012ish. Listen I could care less what UGA fans think but no one in their right mind can compare Richt at UGA to Golden at UM. Richt was winning 10-11 games a year Golden struggled to have winning seasons.

I don't think any of those stats tell the whole story and some are outright dumb ( like the 1st stat) Richt won more games at UGA then almost anyone in college during his time and he had a top 5 team a few times by the end of the year entering bowl season . He did an amazing job , UGA started to strugggle when the dumbass people who run that program took play calling away from Richt. They were a top 10 basically always from around 01 or so to around 2012ish. Listen I could care less what UGA fans think but no one in their right mind can compare Richt at UGA to Golden at UM. Richt was winning 10-11 games a year Golden struggled to have winning seasons.

Sure you can call those reasons what you want if you want to ignore facts. I am not here to bash Richt, I am glad we hired him. I think the key to coaching is more than past results but also fit and I think Richt's style fits us better than it did UGA. The fact is the State of Georgia produces a ton of talent and that talent was showcased in the national title game last season when players from GA on both Alabama's and Clemsons roster were scoring points. Richt's offense wasn't bad with Mike Bobo calling plays. In fact Mike Bobo coached both Matt Stafford and Aaron Murray. (Stafford for only a few years). UGA's issue up until the last few years was defense. Not until the very end of his tenure did UGA get a quality DC. So let me bluntly say that UGA's issue was not that they took play calling away from Richt. Last Richt only won 2 SEC Championships in 15 years at UGA, while Vince Dooley won 6 in a similar timeframe, plus a National Championship.

Again I think Richt is a great fit at Miami and we are currently undefeated getting ready to play FSU. I also don't think Kirby Smart is the right choice for UGA. I am not ready to call him a Corch, but I won't argue with anyone that does. I hope the Canes drill FSU this weekend, but as someone that has lived in GA for 30 years I can also tell you it is ok to accept that Richt being fired from UGA was justified.

Advertisement

Sure you can call those reasons what you want if you want to ignore facts. I am not here to bash Richt, I am glad we hired him. I think the key to coaching is more than past results but also fit and I think Richt's style fits us better than it did UGA. The fact is the State of Georgia produces a ton of talent and that talent was showcased in the national title game last season when players from GA on both Alabama's and Clemsons roster were scoring points. Richt's offense wasn't bad with Mike Bobo calling plays. In fact Mike Bobo coached both Matt Stafford and Aaron Murray. (Stafford for only a few years). UGA's issue up until the last few years was defense. Not until the very end of his tenure did UGA get a quality DC. So let me bluntly say that UGA's issue was not that they took play calling away from Richt. Last Richt only won 2 SEC Championships in 15 years at UGA, while Vince Dooley won 6 in a similar timeframe, plus a National Championship.

Again I think Richt is a great fit at Miami and we are currently undefeated getting ready to play FSU. I also don't think Kirby Smart is the right choice for UGA. I am not ready to call him a Corch, but I won't argue with anyone that does. I hope the Canes drill FSU this weekend, but as someone that has lived in GA for 30 years I can also tell you it is ok to accept that Richt being fired from UGA was justified.

My biggest fear Andrew. I'm hoping with him calling the plays and an attacking defense in Miami it can improve on his shortcomings at Georgia.

What do you mean by more SEC players than any other state? I hope you are not insinuating that an SEC player is more talented than any other conference player.

As far as more GA players being on AL and Clemson rosters I would say that has more to do with geographical location. ATL being the biggest city in GA it has all of the main arteries 75,85,20 running through it these kids are literally 4 to 5 hours drive from home compared to SFL 11 to 13 hours.

Last edited:

What do you mean by more SEC players than any other state? I hope you are not insinuating that an SEC player is more talented than any other conference player.

As far as more GA players being on AL and Clemson rosters I would say that has more to do with geographical location. ATL being the biggest city in GA it has all of the main arteries 75,85,20 running through it these kids are literally 4 to 5 hours drive from home compared to SFL 11 to 13 hours.

This. There are a ton of big time football programs that are in close proximity to Atlanta or Georgia in general. Some of these kids growing up in different parts of Georgia may even be closer to out of state schools than Athens. A lot of competition within short driving distance for these kids, so I'm not surprised that they end up at a variety of schools.

Advertisement
For all we know maybe they've had their version of Shalala at AD/Pres. I know they just now got an IPF.

This. There are a ton of big time football programs that are in close proximity to Atlanta or Georgia in general. Some of these kids growing up in different parts of Georgia may even be closer to out of state schools than Athens. A lot of competition within short driving distance for these kids, so I'm not surprised that they end up at a variety of schools.

Your right, but it doesn't make it better for a UGA fan to see players from your backyard play for a national championship. If any fan base should know that it is our own.

Yes, typically a SEC player is the better player. In fact if you listen to high school games in GA when they mention offers a kid has they specifically list SEC separate. You hear phrases like, "X player has 12 D1 offers with 3 being SEC offers." You hear recruits specifically say they are looking for that "SEC offer". If you check a high school athlete from GA's facebook they either enter the NBA as a place of work or the University of Alabama. There is nothing wrong with saying the SEC has been the dominate cofference for the past 10 years, you sure the **** will be saying it when we beat a SEC team in the playoffs.

That last sentence still concerns me.

Advertisement
Back