Why didn't we call timeout before the extra point...

LoungeLord

Junior
and make sure we knew what we were doing blocking scheme wise? Yes, it's just an extra point, but it was obviously too difficult for us. That normal extra point became a battle cry to FSU to stop and something we didn't put two seconds of thought into. It became the whole game, except we didn't seem to take it's importance seriously. That goes on MR. I bet the next time he's in that situation he won't do that again.

Advertisement
Hindsight is always in abundance after a loss.

No one calls time out before an XP...no one.

Because if we held them on next possession we'd use those timeouts to get ball back and try to set up game winning FF.

Don't need a timeout to make an extra point. Plus why psyche out the kicker. Just fvckin block and kick the ball high. Simple.

Advertisement
When you see they have 7 guys on the right and we have 4, you might want to pay attention enough to do something about it, even if it's just a little old point after, that ties the game.

We call a to and it gets blocked or he misses it then everyone crucifies Richt for icing our own kicker. It was a heartbreaking play but I can't fault the coaches for this one.

Kickers aren't fragile flowers. It's point after, if you get iced on that you need another job.

Advertisement
We call a to and it gets blocked or he misses it then everyone crucifies Richt for icing our own kicker. It was a heartbreaking play but I can't fault the coaches for this one.

I do fault the coaches for not having them more organized. It looked like a Chinese fire drill.

i dont care about anything else from the game other than this ****. Everything else was typical Miami v FSU ****..but to lose on a extra point attempt is the worst possible way to lose.

I asked for them to let the clock run out and take the 5 yard penalty. The sideline was a mess of celebration. I was being a bit of a killjoy in the stands, but I just had this dark feeling when the sideline lost its collective mind and started yelling "Chill, chill, extra point." Then i saw it rushed and had to literally turn around because I couldn't watch. I didn't see the play till this morning.

Horrible, horrible.

This is what being a Cane fan has created: extreme paranoia disguised as focus.

Advertisement
Back