Why did UGA fire Mark Richt?

Because I think Richt is more Chris Petersen than I think he's Urban or Saban.

And it's taken Petersen 3 years to get things going the way he wants in Washington. ... Even though Sarkisian left him a 9-win team, that was 25th in the country.

Oh so Chris Petersen proves you only need 3 years? Are you really saying this?

Our program isn't in bad shape. Our program has the talent. Our coach can't coach an offense. Not sure why this relates to Chris Petersen other then you're praying that because it took one coach 3 seasons, it should take Richt 3 season.

So what we're saying is that he needs to realize this and bring in a competent OC and let them coach. That is all. This doesn't take 3 years.

Which is why I pointed out Washington was a 9-win team, and finished the year before Petersen ranked 25th.

But it's still taken him 3 years to get them to where they are now.

As for hiring an OC ... I think we could upgrade the offensive staff. But I'm not sure the fix is as simple as some make it seem. Because unless you're talking about bringing Coley back, a new OC would mean a new offense for Kaaya. And I think (not a hope or prayer) that he'll be better in the offense next season, with more experience and understanding.

So the comparison is awful? Maybe you're missing something.

I think you're just hoping it is like Petersen. How come it won't be like RS or AG?

28 Head coaches were fired last year. Guess how many of those teams hires will win a championship this year.

Do you have a point? Who is talking about championships this year?

Advertisement
I think you're just hoping it is like Petersen. How come it won't be like RS or AG?

Actually, I'd like it to happen BEFORE 3 years. But realistically, history would suggest it will take 3 years.

And who cares about RS or AG?

If we were undefeated right now, you could argue that Richt might turn out to be Larry Coker. LOL

I use Petersen because he's a good coach, who had some doubters because of the comp he played. His 1st 2 seasons at Washington seemed to be validating those doubters. But now, it appears he's a legit HC again.

I'm willing to give Richt a similar runway.

Actually, I'd like it to happen BEFORE 3 years. But realistically, history would suggest it will take 3 years.

What history? It takes 3 years to not regress on offense. Do you even understand what we're talking about?

It shows you why it doesn't take 3 years. They are who they are. We're asking for an OC change.

If we were undefeated right now, you could argue that Richt might turn out to be Larry Coker. LOL

Awful irrelevant point.

I use Petersen because he's a good coach, who had some doubters because of the comp he played. His 1st 2 seasons at Washington seemed to be validating those doubters. But now, it appears he's a legit HC again.

Are you really comparing Washington to Miami? You use Petersen as an example because you're hoping the same results will occur. Just give him time.

I am not calling for Richt's head. I am calling him to hire an OC. Is this so ***ing difficult?

What history? It takes 3 years to not regress on offense. Do you even understand what we're talking about?

It shows you why it doesn't take 3 years. They are who they are. We're asking for an OC change.

Awful irrelevant point.

Are you really comparing Washington to Miami? You use Petersen as an example because you're hoping the same results will occur. Just give him time.

I am not calling for Richt's head. I am calling him to hire an OC. Is this so ***ing difficult?

LOL

The thread is about why UGA fired Richt, and the implication for starting the thread is based on his record. So, my points are completely relevant to the thread.

Just as I stated UGA shouldn't be willing to make their call on Smart, just yet.

Richt wasn't fired from UGA for not hiring an OC, so I'm not sure how or why what you are calling for IN THIS THREAD is applicable.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back