Why did Butch hire John Blake at UNC?

BG Cane

Redshirt Freshman
"Black Santa" was a well known cheater, yet Butch hired him.

Man that decision sticks out like a sore motha f***in thumb to me.

Advertisement
Thats my biggest gripe with butch. He may of been cleared by the ncaa for the fake classes scandal. But he had a cheater on his staff and that got butch in trouble while at unc.

Butch said before he hired him he checked him out with the ncaa like he does for all coaches and he was clean.

Eh......I think Coker tried to hire Blake back in the day.....****, I'd take Blake on the new staff..

Advertisement
Because he needed to secure all the "talent" people claim he added at UNC, all the while maxing out at 8 wins.

Advertisement
Please. Let's move on from what people barely remember as the glory days that really weren't.

Do people think all those future first rounders under Butch were here for South Beach? Think those guys weren't being taken care of?

I have no problem with players getting taken care of when you look at all the money they generate for the schools.

Happens everywhere on every campus. Some programs just do it bigger and better than others.

Do you want rings or do you want pillars?

Advertisement
Blake is known as a filthy ( in the bad way)recruiter , all the way back to the late 80's at Okl. Switzers teams were the best teams money could buy.

Then he became the HC in the mid 90's, failed miserably, but left stoops majority of the 2000 title teams roster.

It got a lot of folks attention when Butch hired him, because it was common knowledge what he was all about .

Butch said before he hired him he checked him out with the ncaa like he does for all coaches and he was clean.

LOL. Blake was a notorious scumbag. He might not have had any ongoing violations with the NCAA, but that doesn't mean anything. Everyone knew what he was and what he was all about. To suddenly act surprised that a scumbag did scummy stuff is disingenuous.

Hope Butch gets the job however Blake was given a 3 year show cause from the NCAA while at UNC
- You cant say Butch is clean on this one
- Even if he didn't know - he should know - buck stops with the HC - we have said for Al, holds true for others

Advertisement

LOL. Blake was a notorious scumbag. He might not have had any ongoing violations with the NCAA, but that doesn't mean anything. Everyone knew what he was and what he was all about. To suddenly act surprised that a scumbag did scummy stuff is disingenuous.

I remember when I heard he got the job at Unc and I was like " wtf is butch thinking?" Everybody knew that dude was filthy.

Butch needs to be more aggressive rebuilding the bag men network. Why can't the Miami network be as good or better than FSU and Clemson? SEC level is unreasonable, but at least make an attempt to slow the talent drain.

If anyone can navigate the "filthy" SoFL recruiting environment Butch can. SoFl talent is a like a big steak thrown in a pit bull kennel. Golden begged for scraps, Butch will fight for his share.

One more thing the academic standards need to be lowered to the minimum allowable.

It is time to embrace the Miami identity and win again.

Advertisement
Back