Why can't the blame fall everywhere?

The play calling is shxt, the QB is shxt, the oline looks like a shxtbag line, the WRs are so bad that they could not catch herpies in a Bangkok bar, the rb can't run on a decent team.

Just blow it up and start from scratch.

Advertisement
Also, Richt basically said today in his teleconference that he's reluctant to call deep passes because the OL sucks and Kaaya will get killed.

Which is a completely valid point. Watching Darling (who is supposed to be one of our best on the o-line) get blown by like he was a popwarner tackle was pathetic. Although, im not even sure that if you gave Kaaya time that he would be accurate. I think he is mentally messed up right now, but rightfully so considering he has consistently turned in below average performances. Whatever the issues are with our players, blame falls on Richt for not gameplanning to our players strength. After all, he knows the team better than anyone.

The play calling is shxt, the QB is shxt, the oline looks like a shxtbag line, the WRs are so bad that they could not catch herpies in a Bangkok bar, the rb can't run on a decent team.

Just blow it up and start from scratch.

It's not just that our receivers are dropping too many passes; they are also flat out not getting separation. There are some rare occasions where Kaaya has time and he throws a somewhat accurate ball but the DB is basically blanketing our receiver and breaks up the pass. Idk what the issue there is but it could be lazy route running or predictable playcalling, either way...something has to change.

Also, Richt basically said today in his teleconference that he's reluctant to call deep passes because the OL sucks and Kaaya will get killed.

Lu made a good counterpoint to this, though. You don't have to spend 20 seconds in the pocket to get a decent deep ball off. You can manufacture it with route combos and such. Not saying that makes it as easy as a ten yard out, but even a few tries could soften up the box a little.

Good point how long does Brady hold onto the ball? I know NFL vs college but OLine sucks you need to get it out of Kaaya's hands quickly. The play action takes too much time just quick drop and fire timing patterns. WRs need to get separation too.

I don't see the same velocity on Kaaya's throws. I think his throwing shoulder is worse than they are saying. With a short week not sure what you can fix?

Lu made a good counterpoint to this, though. You don't have to spend 20 seconds in the pocket to get a decent deep ball off. You can manufacture it with route combos and such. Not saying that makes it as easy as a ten yard out, but even a few tries could soften up the box a little.

I'm not defending Richt, at least not all out, but at times our OL doesn't give Kaaya 3 seconds.

And because of the punishment he has taken he is turning into a "shot boxer". This guy looks terrified to drop back and go deep because he is afraid he will get nailed. Those shots he took in the FSU game seem to have affected him mentally. Overthrowing deep balls..throwing behind players..sometimes it seems he has the deer in headlights whenever he sees a defender coming to sack him.

Advertisement

Ugghh, I hope he didn't say that.

The pass blocking was actually not bad vs UNC overall. And deep shots don't have to take that much time to develop.

He did...not in those words, but he did.

What an intelligent, well thought out post! Thank you for the adult in the room.

Some people on this board are acting like they totally forgot that our OL was our weakest link BY FAR on this team. Should Richt adjust? Yes..But its not that simple. Jimbo adjusts and Francois still gets decapitated most of the time. Kaaya has to learn to hang in there, take the big hit, and make the big play.

Thats how you become an NFL starter. The pocket aint always gonna be pretty and clean for you to do your work in. That 2014 OL he had is long gone. (every OLineman from that season is in the NFL) He wont ever see that again until he gets to the NFL. He has to get mentally tougher.

FWIW, the whole scholarship paragraph sounds like something Golden had been saying to the press for the last few years.

Stop it with this crap. Golden was a coward who hid behind this excuse. Richt hasn't. I brought it up, and used as part...PART...of a larger equation. You can't tell me it doesn't contribute. You'd be ignorant and blind to think it's not an issue. 63 scholarship players? Come on. Everyone was saying at the beginning of the year we had as much talent as anyone on the schedule, except maybe FSU. We might 1-22, but we certainly don't 23-44 or 45-,etc. When starters get hurt, it's not next man up. Golden's ****** recruiting and the most ridiculous attrition in the history of college football under one coach, has put us in a position where we can't just say, next man up. In many cases the next man up is a Golden special or a true freshman who isn't ready. It's not 1986 or 1991 or 2001. We're not replacing Portis with Willis with Frank here. We're not replacing Rumph with Rolle or Reed with Taylor. We're placing with Redwine or Colbert with......??? We're replacing Coley with Harris or Berrios with Lewis.

Again, if you read my post, I blamed Richt, I blamed Kaaya, I blamed the OL. This was PART of it. And it is valid.

The pass blocking was actually not bad vs UNC overall. And deep shots don't have to take that much time to develop.

The pass protection wasn't terrible because everything was meant to be quick hitters. And then Darling got beat soundly leading to a strip sack to seal the game.

Advertisement
Yes, blame is everywhere...but...hes the CEO, so it is on him to play to the strengths and make it look better than it has (esp on O).

FWIW, the whole scholarship paragraph sounds like something Golden had been saying to the press for the last few years.

Stop it with this crap. Golden was a coward who hid behind this excuse. Richt hasn't. I brought it up, and used as part...PART...of a larger equation. You can't tell me it doesn't contribute. You'd be ignorant and blind to think it's not an issue. 63 scholarship players? Come on. Everyone was saying at the beginning of the year we had as much talent as anyone on the schedule, except maybe FSU. We might 1-22, but we certainly don't 23-44 or 45-,etc. When starters get hurt, it's not next man up. Golden's ****ty recruiting and the most ridiculous attrition in the history of college football under one coach, has put us in a position where we can't just say, next man up. In many cases the next man up is a Golden special or a true freshman who isn't ready. It's not 1986 or 1991 or 2001. We're not replacing Portis with Willis with Frank here. We're not replacing Rumph with Rolle or Reed with Taylor. We're placing with Redwine or Colbert with......??? We're replacing Coley with Harris or Berrios with Lewis.

Again, if you read my post, I blamed Richt, I blamed Kaaya, I blamed the OL. This was PART of it. And it is valid.

We're basically on par with Butch probation years as far as scholarship players available. I recognize some of those trashing everything now as the same people who raise Butch up, giving him a deserved pass at that time.

He did...not in those words, but he did.

Reeks of being too conservative.

Here's a news flash: college OLs are rarely good. As bad as ours has been the last 3 years we have done well in sacks allowed (19th, 31st, 34th). That doesn't tell the whole story but cutting out deep shots because a shaky OL is bad news for the offense.

Advertisement
I believe there is a lot of fight in this team, the sky is not falling. Its not necessary for there to be 5-6 new threads everyday about which player sucks today. This is the team we have, this is the team we all knew we had. Do some of you believe you are more disappointed than these players? Kaaya is not a bad player at all, athletically limited yes but he is pretty darn good player. Support the players. Watson from Clemson was a shanked 33yrd kick from losing to NC State at home while only putting up 17pts, he also threw a pick 6. He is pretty darn good player no. Our offense is struggling, its a collective effort. Support the players!

Agreed. How much time do you need to throw a go route to Richards? Dude can get downfield in a hurry.

Advertisement
Richt is kind of a victim of Diazs and Coach Kools success. If the defense had sucked, everyone would acknowledge the talent wasn't there. But Richt hired the best in the biz in Kool and an aggressive coordinator in Diaz. The aggressiveness (havoc factor) leading to TFLs and sacks, covers up major deficiencies like the weakness in the defensive backfield. So the defense is outperforming relative to personnel. Since the defense went from abysmal to decent, people expect the offense to do the same. It's much harder to get an offense to work right than it is a defense. If receivers are dropping passes and not getting open in single coverage absolutely nothing is going to work offensively. The defense will just focus on stopping the run and it's game over if the OL can't run block, which they clearly cannot. We need a massive infusion of wr and ol talent if we want to compete for titles again.

Advertisement
Back