Why are we not giving after any quality LBs this class?

It's a tough crowd in here. Re-read your posts several times before you hit reply, think of all the reasons you will be negged and dont look back. You will find your answers but it may sting bit.

Advertisement
It's a tough crowd in here. Re-read your posts several times before you hit reply, think of all the reasons you will be negged and dont look back. You will find your answers but it may sting bit.

No, just take the time to become informed and don’t make stupid, worthless threads. You know that, you’ve been here just as long as I have

Last edited:
Why the **** does this board attract the dumbest of our supposed “fans”
Lol why do so many people on here talk down to other fans.. Please explain how I'm a dump fake fan since you know me so well?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Because you guys don’t know how to read or you’re a troll. There’s literally a thread started today about us turning up the heat of Nik Bonitto...a 2018 LB...and it’s been discussed numerous of times we’re only take one LB and it’s a poor LB year in SFL. Then just to add icing on your **** post, you complain about the 2017 guys not being highly rated...you realize our three starting LB’s right now weren’t highly rated guys right? They’re weren’t top 100 players in the country...do you even realize we’ve yet to see what the 2017 class can do? Do you realize only 2 were early enrollees with one of them is coming off a knee injury and the other is the least talented of the three? You would’ve figured all of this out if you took time to read instead of adding another thread or you could’ve your question about 2018 in the Nik Bonitto thread...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Instead of being a **** you could have just answered the question and explain why... But I guess talking **** over the internet is easier for you. Idk what's up with this blog but there so much **** talking on here on like every posts. I see this **** every time I get on here if someone makes a posts they don't like then a ton of members will sit there and call him a dumbass or about this topic being brought up earlier.

Troof!!

This group of new guys going back to the summer time kills me. Get wit it or get lost.

No, just take the time to become informed and don’t make stupid, worthless threads. You know that, you’ve been here just as long as I have
True. You can find your answers if you do some research.

Advertisement
Pinckney was not highly rated at all. The players we recruit at LB will develop. Jennings is gonna be a serious MLB. Him and Carter made to tackles late against Duke and they probably were the biggest thumps of the night. Watch out

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Lol why do so many people on here talk down to other fans.. Please explain how I'm a dump fake fan since you know me so well?

Because you guys don’t know how to read or you’re a troll. There’s literally a thread started today about us turning up the heat of Nik Bonitto...a 2018 LB...and it’s been discussed numerous of times we’re only take one LB and it’s a poor LB year in SFL. Then just to add icing on your **** post, you complain about the 2017 guys not being highly rated...you realize our three starting LB’s right now weren’t highly rated guys right? They’re weren’t top 100 players in the country...do you even realize we’ve yet to see what the 2017 class can do? Do you realize only 2 were early enrollees with one of them is coming off a knee injury and the other is the least talented of the three? You would’ve figured all of this out if you took time to read instead of adding another thread or you could’ve your question about 2018 in the Nik Bonitto thread...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Instead of being a **** you could have just answered the question and explain why... But I guess talking **** over the internet is easier for you. Idk what's up with this blog but there so much **** talking on here on like every posts. I see this **** every time I get on here if someone makes a posts they don't like then a ton of members will sit there and call him a dumbass or about this topic being brought up earlier.

It is just annoying when an idiot like you starts crying about a subject, than later admits they didn't do any research. Stop wasting everyone's time.

Advertisement
OP, you're getting **** because only someone who is lazy, and hasn't been paying attention would ask the question you asked.

Take a look at the roster, the depth chart, re-read Peter's updates, look at how many LBs were offered this cycle, etc., etc.

Who cares what their rating is?

Ratings matter. Any player can break out, but it has been shown that higher ranked players are much more likely to be good and be drafted.

Almost 70% of 5 stars are drafted. 19.3% of 4 stars and only 7% of 3 stars are drafted. It's why we're not fully back right now. Golden's classes were loaded with 3 star players.

https://n.rivals.com/news/nfl-draft-crunching-the-numbers

Maybe it's because you have 20 posts, and all of them have been trash, so far.

Just guessing.

OP, you're getting **** because only someone who is lazy, and hasn't been paying attention would ask the question you asked.

Take a look at the roster, the depth chart, re-read Peter's updates, look at how many LBs were offered this cycle, etc., etc.

Who cares what their rating is?

Ratings matter. Any player can break out, but it has been shown that higher ranked players are much more likely to be good and be drafted.

Almost 70% of 5 stars are drafted. 19.3% of 4 stars and only 7% of 3 stars are drafted. It's why we're not fully back right now. Golden's classes were loaded with 3 star players.

https://n.rivals.com/news/nfl-draft-crunching-the-numbers
Pretty interesting numbers

Advertisement
We signed 3 good LB's for 2017 in De'Andre Wilder, Waynmon Steed & Bradley Jennings Jr.

Steed & Wilder were 2 of the better LB's in Dade & they're both guys who will play over the next couple of years.

BJ Jennings is a thumper as well, has played limited snaps in late vs BC/Tol but came right in & made some nice tackles. Has also played well on ST's. Can develop into a nice rotational LB in the future.

Wilder is pure speed, doesn't really have a full grasp of the system yet, but by next year will be a guy that grows a lot from a full Spring camp getting more reps.

Steed imo will be a future starter once he gets healthy & current trio heads to the NFL. I think he's the most naturally instinctual among the 2017 LB's. He's the forgotten kid because he hasn't played any, but I think he'll be a good one, but again that's just my opinion.

As for the 2018 class, I would simply say just be patient & realize Crootin season hasn't even started yet. We'll get who we need when it's time. If by January we don't have any idea who we're after for LB's then everyone will be justified in panicking.

The fact that Shaq, Pinck & Zach all played well as TF's is pretty rare. It takes time to develop great players & every single player doesn't just hit the ground running from the jump.

Doesn't mean because they're not All-Americans right away that they won't play & contribute later on down the line.

I can tell a quality post when I see one.

to say we didn't go after highly rated lbs last year is idiotic. they staff went after who they wanted and secured commits from them and got who they wanted. we didn't settle.

First of all, why is everyone so eager to sniff out trolls?

We saw three freshmen come in and start right away which is insanely unusually. It’s not a surprise some people are wondering why none of the freshmen linebackers are able to provide any depth given the short comings of our second string upperclassmen.

El pretty much nailed it as there’s a lot of potential in the group and will need some time like 95% of linebackers that end up being good players anyway. I’m a bit surprised we aren’t going after more linebackers actually. If Steed doesn’t come back from injury and one or two of the others don’t pan out, we could be facing depth problems again if we only take one this cycle. I wouldn’t be surprised if we go with 2

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back