Who's Your Key Recruit?

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
Who's the one recruit you feel Miami must hold onto in the 2015 Recruiting Class?

Scarlett?, Williams?, Johnson?, Perry?

Advertisement
Advertisement
We need them all...we need another influx of talent, the guys we are losing were a makeshift class. I also hope Duke comes back, hate to be selfish.

Advertisement
Scarlett and Johnson.... Johnson has a big south florida influence.....

I agree with the two names but please tell me what examples we have of Johnson's influence?

Buddy Cronk is gone, can't get our staff to offer his boy Redwine, and his best buddy Irvin seems to be 50/50 AT BEST.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What influence has Johnson had in getting people to commit? Haven't seen anybody commit because of him recently or at all

What influence has Johnson had in getting people to commit? Haven't seen anybody commit because of him recently or at all

Defense,Johnson to me is the biggest recruit. If Scalett leaves, we cn get another good RB. Will be hard to replace Johnson in my opinion.

I asked this question on Twitter and the results are a big mix between Jordan Scarlett and Jaquan Johnson, only one for Perry and Williams.

Advertisement
Scarlett and Johnson.... Johnson has a big south florida influence.....

I agree with the two names but please tell me what examples we have of Johnson's influence?

Teammate Cronk is gone, can't get our staff to offer his boy Redwine, and his best buddy Irvin seems to be 50/50 AT BEST.

They are not teammates 2015 RB Jordan Cronkrite plays with 2015 ATH Tim Irvin at Westminster, while 2015 ATH Jaquan Johnson plays at Killian HS with 2015 DB Sheldrick Redwine. Johnson is lobbying with UM staff for Redwine to be offered.

Go Canes

Jaquan Johnson
Because with a young team I feel he would bring that aggression and leadership that we have been missing for a while on defense as well as hold his teammates accountable for what they do on and off the field and get things back to where they need to be.
I know you asked for one but one of the only recruits I was able to watch play earlier in the season who stood out by far against a pretty good team was Scott Patchan, he's definitely a keeper if he comes back off of that injury playing with the same intensity.

Advertisement
Back